In totalitarian China, news is not "news" as we understand it in the West--that is, a factual dissemination of what is happening in the world, the nation, or the local area. Rather, the "news" is a carefully crafted package of material designed by the state-controlled media to promote the interests of the Chinese Communist Party.
China's media are the mouthpiece of a vast state-run propaganda machine, and this propaganda machine has played a leading role in the persecution of Falun Gong.
Propaganda as a Tool of Repression
By flooding the airwaves, newspapers, and magazines with countless stories vilifying Falun Gong and its founder, Mr. Li Hongzhi, the Communist Party drafted the entire society into the ranks of the persecutors, creating an environment in which practitioners had no rights and no security. They could be attacked with impunity by anyone for any reason.
Conditioned to hate Falun Gong by the media, it became easy for the Chinese people to turn their heads away when they witnessed injustices taking place, and shut their ears to the cries of the tortured innocents.
Along with Compassion and Forbearance, Truthfulness is a foundational principle of a Falun Gong practitioner's faith. But the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) came to power through treachery and deceit, and it is only through constantly lying that it maintains its hold on power.
Deceptive Propaganda About Falun Gong Sweeps China and Around the World
The Chinese people would have never tolerated the persecution of Falun Gong were it not for the deceptive propaganda broadcast non-stop by the CCP-controlled media. People hear the lies so often repeated that in the end, they grow to believe them. Such is human nature, and the CCP is well aware of this, using it to maximum advantage to control the thoughts of the Chinese people over the years.
And the propaganda does not end at China's borders, for many people in the West have also been deceived by it, and hold totally inaccurate perceptions of Falun Gong.
Thus, the articles in this section are focused on debunking the hate campaign of lies and slander the CCP has employed in its propaganda to turn public opinion against Falun Gong.
Debunking the Lies
The articles listed at the bottom of this page include all categories of propaganda, while the links immediately below lead to pages that discuss the most commonly spread, and most widely believed cases, of the false propaganda.
- Exposing the Lies of “1,400 Death Cases” [11/2/2011]
- The CCP's Fabrication of “1,400 Death Cases” to Slander Falun Gong [10/10/2011]
- Exposing the Fraud of the Shenyang TV Station [10/3/2011]
- 1,400 Deaths or Party Propaganda? [10/1/2011]
- My Personal Experience of the Chinese Communist Party Fabricating Lies to Frame Falun Gong [7/5/2011]
- Chinese Communist Regime Uses Tour Guides to Deceive and Threaten Visitors to Hong Kong [11/3/2010]
- Witnessing Ms. Tian Huiying's So-called "Suicide Attempt" in the Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp [1/3/2009]
- China Central Television Broadcasts a Fabricated Program about a Falun Gong Practitioner in Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp [11/8/2008]
- Debunking CCTV's Lie about "Killing Parents" [6/15/2007]
- Everything the CCP Shows to the World Is a Facade [4/30/2006]
- "Politics" is a Smokescreen for the CCP's Persecution of Falun Gong [3/12/2005]
- Additional Facts About the Staged "Self-Immolation" on Tiananmen Square and the "Fu Yibin Murder Case" [9/21/2004]
- Exposing the Evil Nature of Jiang's Regime: the Ordeals I Suffered under the Persecution (Part Five) [2/29/2004]
- Behind the Distorted Facts of Zou Gang's Homicide Case [12/1/2003]
- Police in Xiangcheng City, Henan Province Use A Tragic Murder to Slander Falun Gong [6/23/2003]
- How the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Deceives Overseas Reporters and Covers Up Their Crimes [5/18/2003]
- Policemen in Yanshan County, Hebei Province Fabricate Guo Yuliang's Story [5/9/2003]
- The Inside Story: Shibalihe Forced-Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province Fabricates Television News Reports [11/26/2002]
- Children in China Forced to Be Brainwashed [11/14/2002]
- A TV Station in Cangzhou District, Hebei Province Gathers High School Students to Make a Movie That Slanders Falun Gong [11/12/2002]
- One Example of How Propaganda Is Produced by Jiang's Followers [10/31/2002]
- How CCTV Used the Death of a Mentally Ill Woman to Slander Falun Dafa [9/17/2002]
- Xinhua News Agency and CCTV's "Focus Interview" Acknowledge that Falun Gong Practitioners Are Taught Not to Take Lives [9/9/2002]
- China Central TV's "Focal Point" Program Forces Thief to Blame Falun Gong [9/6/2002]
- Record the Names and Deeds of Those who Fabricate and Spread Lies About Falun Gong [1/4/2002]
- Visiting CCTV International News Reporter Comments on the Fu Yibin Murder Case [1/1/2002]
- China Central TV Colludes with Medical Personnel in Changchun to Forge Slanderous Film Against Falun Gong [11/20/2001]
- Exposing Jiang Zemin's Lies [6/17/2001]
- The Truth Behind the "Million Signatures" Against Falun Gong [5/8/2001]
- The Truth About the Suicide of Li Youlin, A Peasant from Jilin Province [4/27/2001]
- To Attain Enlightenment Is Not To Die [2/6/2001]
- Expose the Chinese Media's Lie [1/18/2001]
- A Mother Exposes the Truth Behind the Death of Her Daughter [1/9/2001]
- Exposing Jiang Zemin's Horrible Plot [1/7/2001]
- The December 29, 2000 Xinhua Agency Press Release: A Mean and Shameless Performance [1/3/2001]
- Rumors of "Suicide" Falsely Spread [1/2/2001]
- Statements from Chen Ying's Mother [6/2/2000]
- Another Lie Exposed -- how communist authorities fabricated a malicious charge against Falun Gong [3/10/2000]
- Chinese Communist Authorities Admitted That a Slanderous Report Was a Total Fabrication [2/5/2000]