Minghui Report: 2,014 Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested for Their Faith in First Half of 2019

According to information compiled by Minghui.org, 2,014 Falun Gong practitioners were arrested and 1,369 were harassed for their faith in the first half of 2019. The month of April saw a spike in the number of targeted practitioners due to the "sensitive date" of April 25, when over 10,000 practitioners peacefully appealed in Beijing in 1999.

Falun Gong Rally in DC Marks 20 Years of Resisting Persecution

About 2,000 Falun Gong practitioners and supporters held a rally on July 18, 2019, on the west lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington DC, calling for an end to the 20 years of persecution of Falun Gong in China. The 20 years of peaceful resistance to persecution is a story of nonviolence, wisdom, tenacity, and creativity, according to rally speakers.

Falun Gong Practitioner Tells President Trump Her Story of Persecution in China

Ms. Zhang Yuhua was among the 27 survivors of religious persecution from 17 countries, who met with President Donald Trump in the Oval Office of the White House on July 17, 2019. The 27 survivors were in town to attend the second Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom this week, which was held in the U.S. Department of State in Washington DC on July 16-18, 2019.

Parade in Washington D.C. Calls for End of 20-Year Persecution of Falun Gong

Nearly 2,000 Falun Gong practitioners from across the U.S. held a parade on July 18 to commemorate the 20-year anniversary of the peaceful resistance against the persecution. 

U.S. Senators and House Representatives Commend Falun Gong Practitioners' Efforts to End 20-Year Persecution in China

U.S. congressional leaders sent letters to the Falun Gong Rally at the Capitol commending practitioners’ peaceful and uncompromising courage in the face of the communist regime's brutality.

Belated News: Guizhou Man Paralyzed from Beating and Imprisoned, Dies Four Years After Release

By the time Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Lianjun was released in April 2005, he was emaciated, deaf and blind. The authorities still put him on house arrest and prevented him from going to the hospital. He suffered for four more years before passing away at age 55.

Recent News