(Minghui.org) Ms. Jiang Wei developed whole body edema after being locked in solitary confinement at Liaoning Women's Prison for 15 days. She also cannot hold down any food and has been sent to the prison hospital for treatment.

Ms. Jiang, a Falun Gong practitioner from Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province, is serving a 12-year sentence at Liaoning Women's Prison. This prison is notorious for its torture and mistreatment of Falun Gong practitioners imprisoned for their faith.

In the cell where Ms. Jiang was held, there was no air flow, and not even enough room for her to stand. All her daily activities had to be in confinement. She had no access to bathroom facilities. Flies and insects were everywhere, and she was covered with bites. The prison guard also deprived her of sleep.

The reason Ms. Jiang was locked in solitary confinement was because she attempted to file complaints about how she was treated by the guards. Prison guard Jiang Tingting frequently tortured her. She was forced to stand for long periods of time and was beaten and verbally assaulted. She became extremely weak as a result of the abuse, yet she had no way to report this to the division head.

Ms. Jiang's two daughters went to visit her on July 17 and discovered that she had been locked in solitary confinement since July 11. They were extremely worried and felt powerless to help their mother. They visited her again on July 30. Upon seeing her condition, they couldn't help but cry.

Prison guard Li Xiaoping threatened Ms. Jiang's daughters, “Does your mother have a history of mental illness? Because if she has mental problems, we have the place to treat her.” This threat was particularly alarming because Ms. Jiang was previously detained at a mental hospital and tortured to near death.

Past Imprisonment and Torture

Prior to her current imprisonment, Ms. Jiang has been sentenced twice over the course of the persecution. In October 1999, she was imprisoned at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. She was shocked with electric batons, forced to do long hours of labor, frequently beaten, put in 31-day solitary confinement, and endured forced-feedings and a cruel stretching torture until she became critically ill and lost the ability to take care of herself.

The guards wouldn't send Ms. Jiang to a hospital for medical treatment. Instead, they sent her to Gujiazi Mental Hospital in Shenyang City. There she received an injection that damaged her central nervous system, and she lost her memory immediately. She was also given six bottles of unknown IV infusions, three doses of unidentified pills, and other injections daily for two days until she was too weak to continue receiving them. They also tied her up and applied electric shocks to her legs. She screamed incessantly, and the nurse who witnessed it protested, “Stop it! She is not mentally ill. She will die from it.”

Ms. Jiang was held at that hospital for 29 days, at which point she was on the verge of death. The labor camp demanded 19,000 yuan from her family before releasing her on medical parole in June 2002.

What concerns Ms. Jiang's daughters greatly is that Sun Min, another Falun Gong practitioner detained at the same prison, was persecuted to death.

Ms. Jiang practices Falun Gong simply to become a better person and to be healthy. However, because of the persecution, she has spent three years detained in a labor camp, eight years in prison, and as of 2015, she is now serving a twelve-year sentence.

Related reports:Hotel Owner Arrested after Suing Former Chinese Dictator for 11-Year Incarceration and TortureAppeals Hearing Held for Four Falun Gong Practitioners Sentenced for Suing Former Communist Party LeaderPractitioner Jiang Wei Brutally Tortured and Force Fed