Falun Dafa practitioner Jiang Wei

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Jiang Wei, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province, was first sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp after she was abducted by police this April. Later, the prison guards took her back to Chaoyang City and detained her in the Shijia Hetao Detention Center (also known as the No. 2 Detention Center) in order to stage an illegal trial. At the same time, Ms. Xie Baofeng, another Falun Dafa practitioner, was also illegally detained there. According to police, Ms. Jiang Wei was on hunger strike for more than fifty days to protest the persecution.

In July (about one month before this article was written), the police transferred Ms. Jiang to the Wujiaao Detention Center (i.e. the No. 1 Detention Center). In early August, the Shuangta District Court sentenced her to eight years in prison. At the same time, Ms. Xie Baofeng was sentenced to ten years, and Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Liang, 25, was sentenced to three years.

According to the police in the Wujiaao Detention Center, Ms. Jiang Wei again went on hunger strike to resist the persecution, starting on July 27, and continued for at least twenty days.

On August 14, Ms. Jiang Wei was on the brink of death and sent to Chaoyang City's Central Hospital. Witnesses reported that Ms. Jiang looked pale and weak, and was wearing shackles. The prison guards treated her like a formidable enemy. They sent Ms. Jiang to the No. 7 ward in the No. 2 Surgical Section of the Central Hospital, and drove out all other patients in the No. 7 ward, relocating them to the No. 3 ward. When it was close to 6:00 p.m., a plainclothes police officer led three armed police officers into the No. 7 ward and guarded the door. No one except doctors and nurses were allowed to enter. Ms. Jiang was given a infusions all night. On the afternoon of August 15, Ms. Jiang was sent back to the detention center.

On August 16, Ms. Jiang was taken back to Central Hospital again. This time she was tortured by force feeding through tubes inserted into her stomach.

The detention center guards hired two janitors from the hospital, including one with the last name of Zhang. The detention center gave them 40 Yuan (1) each to hold Ms. Jiang while they inserted the tube. Since no doctor in the Central Hospital was willing to carry out such a dangerous and frightful procedure, the police found several young interns from the Jinzhou Medical School and ordered them to insert the gastric tube into Ms. Jiang's mouth.

Starting at 10:10 p.m. that night, they started feeding Ms. Jiang Wei a 10% glucose solution. Three male prison guards held Ms. Jiang's head down, one janitor held her left hand, and others held her legs and body. There were more than ten people present. Two student interns then inserted a tube through Ms. Jiang's nose into her stomach, and attached the other end to a water bottle. They fed her with four or five bottles of sugar water, finally finishing around 11:00 p.m. In the process, Ms. Jiang's stomach was pierced with the tube and bled a lot. The plastic bags and bucket that held toilet paper were all soiled with blood. Ms. Jiang Wei had already been very weak before entering the hospital, but after being subjected to such a brutal force feeding, she could not move at all. When the tube was pulled out through her nose, it was streaked with blood. The next day, Ms. Jiang was taken back to the detention center again.

The Wujiaao Detention Center of Chaoyang City, which is led by Superintendent Ren Guofan, had already tortured Falun Dafa Practitioner Li Hongwei to death by various means, including torture by force feeding, in October 2002. After he died, they sent him to the Central Hospital for "emergency treatment," intending to avoid responsibility for his death. Ms. Jiang Wei was now similarly tortured to the brink of death, yet they still dared to request payment, and refused to release her. We are appealing to the international community to pay close attention and censure these brutal acts conducted by Chaoyang City's Public and Security Department and the Wujiaao Detention Center, which openly trample human rights and freedom of belief. We hope all kindhearted people will lend a hand to help rescue the many Falun Dafa practitioners who are on the brink of death from persecution.

Persons directly in charge of Ms. Jiang Wei's case:
(County Code: 86; Area Code: 421)
National Security Branch of Chaoyang City's Public Security Department: 2617533 (Office)
Wang Jinglong, the branch head: 2611250 (Office), 2912409 (Home), 13052637163 (Cell) (his wife, Sun Yuqin)
Wang Xueshan, the deputy head: 2614821 (Office), 2617610 (Home)
Office of Wujiaao Detention Center: 3813010£¨Usually, phone calls will be answered around 8:00 a.m.


(1) Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.