(Minghui.org) Having served one labor camp term and two prison terms for a total of 11 years, a Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province resident was recently sentenced to another five years for his faith in Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Mr. Wu Haibo

Mr. Wu Haibo, 58, was arrested on March 5, 2022. He was first held at the Suixi County Detention Center and then transferred to the Zhanjiang City Detention Center. The Chikan District Court sentenced him to five years with a 5,000-yuan fine on March 24, 2023.

Mr. Wu, a former pharmaceutical company technician, has been repeatedly targeted over the past 23 years for practicing Falun Gong. He was brutally tortured in custody and barely survived.

Two-Year Labor Camp Term

Mr. Wu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in early 2001. After the police found out about it, they attempted to arrest him at work in April that year. With his colleagues’ help, he escaped and stayed away from home to avoid the persecution. He was arrested six months later when he returned home and was taken to the Sanshui Forced Labor on November 20 to serve a two-year term. He was subjected to various forms of torture, including having toothpicks inserted under his nails.

Sentenced to Four Years

Mr. Wu was arrested again on April 17, 2007, and sentenced to four years in Yangjiang Prison by the Xiashan District Court on January 23, 2008. The prosecutor in charge of his case was Luo Yuhuan. The judges were Liu Fulan, Ye Qiubo, and Xu He. He was released on February 16, 2011.

Five-Year Sentence

Mr. Wu was next arrested on December 2, 2015, by Chen Riqing, Lin Hai and Mo Haitao from the Xiashan District Domestic Security Office, as well as Huang Zhangcheng and Zhu Zanhui of the Xinlin Police Station.

Mr. Wu appeared in the Xiashan District Court on April 14, 2016. His criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the Chinese Communist Party who ordered the persecution of Falun Gong, was used as prosecution evidence.

Judges Liu Fulan and Chen Ren announced that he was sentenced to five years on June 8, 2016. He appealed to the Zhanjiang City Intermediate Court, which ruled to uphold his original verdict in January 2017.

In Sihui Prison, Mr. Wu was forced to squat for long hours, deprived of sleep, denied restroom use, and verbally abused. The inmates shouted at him, “We will beat you until you are maimed, then cure you, and then beat you to disability again.”

Mr. Wu’s head bled, his arms were fractured, and all ten of his toenails either fell off or became necrotic.

Having barely survived, he was released in December 2020, only to be arrested again in March 2022.

Perpetrators’ contact information:

He Jinchen (何金陈), president of Chikan District Procuratorate: +86-13509936639, +86-759-3588901Mo Kaicheng (莫凯程), presiding judge of Chikan District Court: +86-13553571788He Qinglin (何清琳), judge of Chikan District Court: +86-13763033839Yang Yingying (杨莹莹), judge of Chikan District Court: +86-13553597555Ye Hui (叶辉), president of Chikan District Court: +86-13902507248Mo Zhijun (莫志军), vice president of Chikan District Court: +86-13702733728

Related reports:

After 11 Years of Incarceration, Guangdong Man Again Faces Prosecution for Practicing Falun Gong

Guangdong Man Arrested a Year after Serving Five Years for His Faith

Guangdong Man Repeatedly Beaten in Sihui Prison for Upholding His Faith