(Minghui.org) Ever since the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, untold numbers of Falun Gong practitioners have been arrested and tortured in detention centers, forced labor camps, and prisons. Jiangxi Province Women's Prison is a prime example.

This report summarizes the crimes against female Falun Gong practitioners perpetrated by Hu Ruihua, the current education section chief and director of the psychological guidance center.

Hu, born in 1973, has been directly involved in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Some of the methods she uses include solitary confinement, hanging in the air, handcuffing, force-feeding, straitjackets, beatings, sleep deprivation, and freezing.

Torture illustration: Hanging

Torture illustration: Straitjacket

Below are three examples of Hu's direct involvement in persecuting practitioners.

Ms. Tian Haiying

Ms. Tian Haiying, 55, from Jiujiang County, Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province, was sentenced to three and a half years in Jiangxi Province Women's Prison following her arrest in 2014.

In January 2016, the prison intensified the persecution of practitioners who remained steadfast in their faith. In an attempt to force Ms. Tian to renounce her faith, four inmates tortured her and did not let her sleep or wash up. Ms. Tian was forced to write the guarantee statements against her will.

When Ms. Tian was in anguish over what she had done, Hu pressured Ms. Tian to write a letter of commitment, promising never to rescind what she wrote in the guarantee statements, and to swear at the founder of Falun Gong and her own parents. When Ms. Tian refused to comply, Hu hung her up in the air.

Once, Hu ordered several guards to cuff Ms. Tian's hands and feet together and hang her up in a storage room during the day and from a bed frame at night. Ms. Tian later developed lumps in her breasts.

Ms. Jiang Lanying

Ms. Jiang, 56, of Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province, has spent 15 years behind bars, including two labor camp terms totaling more than four years and three prison terms totaling 11 years. She served her prison terms in Jiangxi Women's Prison.

In 2005, Hu tied Ms. Jiang to a bed and force-fed her. Ms. Jiang was slapped when she refused to cooperate. The torture made Ms. Jiang delirious.

Hu incited four inmates to take turns monitoring Ms. Jiang and depriving her of sleep for several days. In addition, they forced her to stand day and night. When she fell, they tied her up. They would not let her doze off. Once, Hu had two inmates tie Ms. Jiang up to a window frame and try to force her to sign a guarantee statement. They didn't release her until she’d almost passed out. She then shivered and then lost consciousness.

Hu ordered two inmates to drag her on the concrete floor. Even after her shoes were broken from this, they did not stop. As a result, she became very weak. Hu directed the inmates, “Don’t let her sleep at night. Don’t let her wear anything else so she will be cold.” Hu also said to Ms. Jiang, “You will have to ‘transform’ no matter what. Why look for trouble?”

Hu also ordered inmates to post slanderous slogans on Ms. Jiang’s bed and said that it was Ms. Jiang's fault—because of the way she acted.

When this did not work, Hu ordered the inmates to make Ms. Jiang write guarantee statements. They forced her to lay face down. One person sat on her buttocks, someone else held her shoulders, and a third grabbed her hand to hold the pen to sign the guarantee statement.

In the prison clinic, Hu saw that Ms. Jiang was delirious and incontinent. She ordered the inmates to pull down her pants to her thighs, pull her down, and sit her bare buttocks on the cold ground. After that, Hu separated Ms. Jiang's hands, pulled them apart as far as they could go, and tied her to the edge of the bed. It was winter and very cold, but Hu ordered the inmates to open the window and said, “Monitor her and let the wind blow on her!” They made her sit like that for over 10 hours.

In July 2007, right before Ms. Jiang's term was up, Hu told her that she wouldn't let her go when her term ended. At the same time, Hu and a police officer from the Pengjiawan Police Station barged into Ms. Jiang's parents' home and ransacked it without following any legal procedures. The elderly couple was terrified.

In 2016, Ms. Jiang went on a hunger strike. Hu ordered the inmates to punish Ms. Jiang by making her stand whenever she was on a hunger strike. On December 26, 2016, Hu tied Ms. Jiang up and hung her from the window frame with her toes barely touching the floor.

In October 2021, Ms. Jiang was put in a straitjacket. Her arms were injured and became lame, but Hu still ordered Ms. Jiang to greet the prison authorities and continued to persecute her.

The torture left Ms. Jiang with blurry vision, numb legs, and a disabled left arm. She still cannot lift her left arm.

Ms. Xia Jiping

Ms. Xia Jiping, 58, used to work for a local company in Fuzhou City, Jiangxi Province, but had been laid off. She was sentenced twice to a total of seven years and two months and was tortured in Jiangxi Province Women's Prison.

When Ms. Xia refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong, the prison set up a task force dubbed “team to tackle Xia Jiping” in November 2015, to try to “transform” her. Two guards were put in charge and about ten inmates were assigned to monitor Ms. Xia around the clock and kick and punch her if they were unhappy.

The inmates used empty mineral water bottles to hit Ms. Xia in the head and knees, tied her to a metal chair, and handcuffed her to a window frame. She was deprived of sleep for two weeks, not allowed to shower, and given only a small amount of food and water.

Hu also instigated two inmates to hit Ms. Xia's head and joints. They stuffed dirty socks into her mouth and made her bend over at a 90-degree angle. They hung her from a window frame with her toes barely touching the floor, causing Ms. Xia to sweat profusely within a few minutes. For two weeks, she was made to wear a straitjacket and tied to a metal chair.

Torture re-enactment: Hanging in the air