Name: Jiang Lanying (江兰英)
Gender: Female
Age: 46
Address: Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province
Occupation: Worker
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 30, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jiangxi Province Women's Forced Labor Camp (江西省女子劳教所)
City: Nanchang
Province: Jiangxi
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, brutal beatings, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, force-feedings, physical restraint, interrogation, detention

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Jiang Lanying from Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province, went to the government to explain the truth about Falun Gong after the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute the practice in July 1999. This was the beginning of her nightmare.


Ms. Jiang Lanying

1999 to 2011: Imprisoned for the First Time

Ms. Jiang, who was 33 years old at the time, was illegally arrested in November 1999 by officer Zhou Xiangfeng from the Qingshanlu Police Station in Nanchang City. She was then taken to the Third Detention Center in Nanchang City.


Torture reenactment: Shackled

Guard Liu Xiuying at the detention center instigated criminals to beat Ms. Jiang, making her black and blue. They even poured urine on her in cold weather. Guard Meng Nan shackled Ms. Jiang and seven other practitioners together and then handcuffed one hand of each to the fetter, rendering these eight practitioners unable to stand straight for 24 hours. They were unable to walk or to sleep and hurt all over.

Ms. Jiang was detained at the Jiangxi Province Women’s Forced Labor Camp in January 2000 for one year. When her term expired, they extended her term another year.


Torture reenactment: Death bed

At the labor camp, division head Wang Junzheng, deputy head Li Xiaoqun, and Xu Xiaoliang took turns beating Ms. Jiang. They also tied her to two beds that were pushed together and then pulled the beds apart to the extreme limit. Then they handcuffed and restrained her on the bed for 20 days. They inserted a rubber tube into her nose for force-feeding, leaving the tube in her nose from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. She had difficulty breathing, and her esophagus was bloody.

Ms. Jiang was held in a confined cell only four or five square meters (about 43 square ft.) for more than six months. Three criminals monitored her. The doors and windows were closed, isolating her and keeping her from seeing the sunlight. She had to eat, drink, and relieve herself there every day.

A criminal inmate once cruelly beat Ms. Jiang with wire hangers, making her black and blue.

After two years of forced labor, the officers detained Ms. Jiang in a brainwashing center. She went on a hunger strike to protest and was near death. Director Huang Wei from the Qianshanlu Street Office and officers from the police station still took her to the labor camp to detain her there for a third year. When Ms. Jiang was tortured to near death in the labor camp, the guards notified her family to request a medical parole. She was released in January 2002.

2002 to 2007: Tortured in Prison

Late one night in July 2002, a group of officers led by Li Xiaoping from the Nanchang City Domestic Security Team once again broke into Ms. Jiang’s home and took her to the Qiangshanlu Police Station and tortured her. Then they took her to First Detention Center.

Personnel from the Donghu District Police Department and Qingshanlu Police Station took her outside of the detention center for interrogation several times. They slapped her face and beat her with an iron bar.

They also deprived her of sleep and stomped on her feet. Officer Liu from the Donghu Police Department even put a bench on her feet and sat on the bench, resulting in serious injury to her feet. One toenail came off. After that Ms. Jiang was sentenced to five years in prison and transferred to Jiangxi Province Women's Prison.

In prison, Ms. Jiang went on a hunger strike, demanding to be released. The hospital issued critical condition notices several times. Personnel from the 610 Office went to the hospital to observe her situation. However, they did nothing for her health. They shouted, “Even though she is dying, she should die at this hospital.”

Torture reenactment: Force-feeding

In order to force Ms. Jiang to give up practicing Falun Gong, the deputy head of the prison instigated four criminals to take turns monitoring her. They deprived of her sleep for several days, forcing her to remain standing. If she was unable to remain standing there, they tied her to force her to remain standing. If she dozed off, they violently punished her. Criminal inmates Shu Yingjing and Deng Liping tied Ms. Jiang to a high window, pressuring her to sign the statement to “transform.” It wasn't until she almost collapsed that they untied her. At that time, she trembled and lost consciousness.

People in the prison could often hear Ms. Jiang’s screams late at night. Long-term torture severely damaged her body and mind. She became skinny, and her legs became stiff. In addition, her body was numb, and her feet swelled.

Guard Hu Ruihua tied Ms. Jiang to a bed and force-fed her in 2005. Because Ms. Jiang did not cooperate with him, he slapped her face, rendering her unconscious. Hu Ruihua ordered two criminals to drag her on the concrete floor. Even after her shoes were broken from this torture, they did not stop. As a result, she became very weak. Hu Ruihua directed the criminals: "Do not allow her to sleep at night. Also, not allow her to wear additional clothes so she will be cold.”

Hu Ruihua also ordered criminals to post slanderous slogans on Ms. Jiang’s bed. When this did not work, he ordered the criminals to make her to write the three statements. They forced her to lay face down. One person sat on her buttocks, the second person held her shoulders, and the third person grabbed her hand to hold the pen to forcibly have her sign the guarantee statement.

In the prison clinic, Hu Ruihua found that Ms. Jiang was incontinent. He ordered the criminals to pull down her pants to her thighs, pull her down, and sit her bare buttocks on the cold ground. After that, Hu Ruihua separated and pulled Ms. Jiang's hands to the extreme limit and tied her to the edge of the bed. It was winter and very cold, but Hu ordered the inmates to open the window and said, "Monitor her and let the wind blow on her!" They tortured her like this for more than 10 hours.

Finally Ms. Jiang was tortured to the point that she was unable to walk normally. Even now her feet are numb and she has little control over them.

2007 to 2009: Monitoring and Harassment

Ms. Jiang was in prison for five years and released on July 12, 2007. After her release, heads Liu Lihua and Ren Houping from Lijiazhuang Residential Committee monitored her. As soon as Ren Houping went to work, he stood in front of MS. Jiang’s apartment. He also often called to harass her. Liu Lihua instigated Lin Yamin from the community to go to Ms. Jiang’s apartment to harass her, making Lin remain at her home the whole morning. The officers from the residential committee also hired resident Chen Shichang on the third floor to monitor Ms. Jiang for 24 hours a day. They paid Chen 600 yuan per month.

After Ms. Jiang started working, the deputy head of the residential committee, together with the car driver and several others, followed her to her work unit and harassed her. Due to pressure from the residential committee, this work unit dared not to employ her. Later she found another job. Wu Biao went to her home to ask her where she was working, Ms. Jiang refused to tell him.

2009 to 2011: Imprisoned Again

On the afternoon of April 30, 2009, officers from the Kuaizixiang Police Station in Nanchang City broke into Falun Gong practitioner Liang Meihua’s home to take the computer, the printer, CDs, and cash. They illegally arrested eight practitioners, including Ms. Jiang Lanying, who were reading together.

Officers from the Kuaizixiang Police Station asked Li Xiaoping from the Domestic Security Team to come. Li took Ms. Jiang, Liang Meihua, Jiang Xiaoyan, and other practitioners to the Criminal Investigation Team of the Xihu Police Department and interrogated them.

Officer Wang Yuanhua shouted, "Bring the tiger bench here!" They handcuffed Ms. Jiang’s hands and feet. Wang ordered two officers to use a jet spray of hot pepper to torture Ms. Jiang. They did not allow her to close her eyes. Once she slept they sprayed her. When Ms. Jiang did not cooperate with them, they used electric batons to shock her, making her tremble, in tears, and unable to open her eyes. They tortured her this way until late at night.


Torture reenactment: Electric shock

The officers took Ms. Jiang to Kuaizixiang Police Station and then to Nanchang City No.1 Detention Center, where she was force-fed salt water.

After three months of detention, the officers took Ms. Jiang to the Jiangxi Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp. She was detained in an isolated cell of six or seven square meters. They forced her to do slave labor, and sometimes she had to work 12 or 13-hour shifts.

Ms. Jiang was imprisoned for more than two years at the labor camp. She was released on May 3, 2011.

This Persecution Must Stop!

Simply because she practices Falun Gong and tries to be a good person, this woman has been arrested by communist regime agents many times. She was first detained in a forced labor camp for two years. The second time she was sentenced to five years in prison, and the third time she was detained in a labor camp for more than two years. During these twelve-and-a-half years from 1999 to 2012, Ms. Jiang spent a total of nine years detained in either a brainwashing center, a detention center, a prison, or a forced labor camp. During the remaining two years, she was monitored and harassed. She is 46 years old this year, and she earns barely enough to sustain herself and her elderly mother.

The regime has persecuted good people who are complying with the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance for twelve-and-a-half years. The persecution must be stopped!