(Minghui.org) Mr. Li Chenglong, a Falun Gong practitioner from Wenxi County, Yuncheng City, Shanxi Province, was sentenced to 13 years in prison in 2011. After nearly four years of imprisonment, he was tortured to the point that he could no longer take care of himself. He was released on bail in August 2017.

On August 6, 2018, however, he was arrested again. Officers carried him into a police vehicle even though he wore a urinary catheter. His family does not know his current whereabouts.

Mr. Li Chenglong and his wife Wang Chunlan both practice Falun Gong and follow its tenets of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. They have a daughter and a son. As a result of the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of Falun Gong, his wife was tortured to death in a forced labor camp in 2009.

Police officers arrested Mr. Li Chenglong while he distributed informational materials about Falun Gong in 2011. He was illegally detained at the Yuncheng City Detention Center in Yanhu District. In December 2013, he was sentenced to 13 years and incarcerated at the Jinzhong Prison in Shanxi Province.

In August 2017, when Mr. Li Chenglong had been held in Jinzhong Prison in Shanxi Province for nearly four years, he was tortured to the point that he could not talk and became paralyzed from the waist down. He also suffered from frequent epileptic seizures. He was brought back home at his son's persistent request.

His family was heartbroken when they saw Mr. Li. His elderly mother took care of him daily. Since he was unable to talk, it is unknown what he had been put through in prison.

On August 6, 2018, a group of people came to Mr. Li's home. One of them claimed he was from Wenxi County Justice Bureau and others from Taiyuan, the provincial capital. Even though Mr. Li was still unable to take care of himself, they carried him into a minivan and drove away. At that time, his mother was not home, so they left a phone number. His family tried many times to contact them but have been unable to reach anyone.

Wife Wang Chunlan Tortured to Death

In April 2008, Mr. Li Chenglong was forced into homelessness. After the police raided his home and found Falun Gong books, they arrested his wife Wang Chunlan and took her to a forced labor camp for one year. She was severely tortured in the camp and passed away not long after she had been released.

Related article:

Critically Ill from Abuse, Falun Gong Practitioner Becomes Latest Victim at Jinzhong Prison