(Minghui.org) A Wenxi County resident incarcerated for his faith was recently released on medical parole after he became critically ill in Jizhong Prison.

Mr. Li Chenglong was in such dire condition that local hospitals declined to admit him. He was returned to his hometown, where the authorities went door to door and threatened his fellow villagers, demanding that they not disclose his condition. The local police also installed a surveillance camera at Mr. Li’s door.

Mr. Li was arrested around March 2011 and sentenced to a 13-year prison sentence in December 2011, for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. A healthy man before his arrest, he soon developed various symptoms due to repeated torture.

Mr. Li became the latest victim of abuse at Jinzhong Prison. Before him, two Shandong men held at the same prison died under suspicious circumstances, while another man was tortured to near death.

Mr. Wang Shimin Near Death from Torture in Jinzhong Prison

Mr. Wang Shimin, 60, has been incarcerated at Jinzhong Prison since 2013 for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party.

Mr. Wang had not been allowed family visits during these four years. However, just before New Year's 2017, his family was summoned to the Shanxi Public Security Hospital, where they found Mr. Wang in critical condition.

His family has requested medical parole, but have not received a response from the authorities.

Imprisoned Shanxi Man Suddenly Dies, Family Suspects Foul Play

A Taiyuan City resident died within less than three months of his prison admission for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime.

Mr. Zhao Cungui was arrested on November 17, 2015 for his faith. While held at Taiyuan City Detention Center, he was given food laced with unknown drugs. As a result, he developed blurred vision and growths on his head and legs.

The 62-year-old man was transferred to Jinzhong Prison in May 2016. A little over two months later, his family was notified that he died “after a sudden illness.”

The prison authorities have repeatedly refused Mr. Zhao’s family’s requests to view his body. Instead, they are trying to pressure the family into signing the required paperwork to have the body cremated.

Only a few months earlier, another local Falun Gong practitioner and a physician, Mr. Wang Jigui, died in the same prison under suspicious circumstances.

Imprisoned Shanxi Doctor Suddenly Dies, Leaving Many Questions Unanswered

Mr. Wang Jigui from Yangquan City sounded upbeat and healthy when he called his family from Jinzhong Prison on May 26, 2016. Five days later he was rushed to a hospital and died on June 2.

Mr. Wang, a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine, was serving three years for distributing information exposing the persecution of Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

His family received a phone call on June 2 informing them of his death hours earlier. Under the tight surveillance of the prison guards, the family viewed his body the next day. They noticed bruises on his chest and the right side of his neck. A doctor replied that it was a result of chest compression during resuscitation.

The family wondered what could have happened since his last phone call home that led to his sudden death. They questioned why they were not notified of his condition earlier. The prison authorities claimed that they mailed out a notice on May 31, but to date the family hasn’t received anything.

Mr. Wang’s death certificate listed “sepsis” as the cause of death, but his family was not given any autopsy results. His body was cremated on June 8.