(Minghui.org) A Falun Gong practitioner from Jinzhou City was sent to a hospital by prison officials for resuscitation after she lost consciousness on June 25, 2017. She was diagnosed with cerebral hemorrhage and stayed in the intensive care unit after surgery.

Ms. Wang Yanqiu regained consciousness on July 2 and could recognize her family. She is still monitored around the clock by prison guards.

Ms. Wang was incarcerated at Liaoning Province Women's Prison after she was arrested in July 23, 2013 with two other practitioners, Ms. Zhou Yuzhen and Ms. Qu Wei (who has since died). They were apprehended for distributing Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs to the public (the shows contain programs depicting the persecution of Falun Gong by the Chinese Communist Party). Ms. Wang is due to be released on July 23, when her prison term expires.

Ms. Wang and Ms. Zhou were tried on December 12, 2013. Ms. Wang's lawyer pleaded not guilty on her behalf. Both women were sentenced to four years of imprisonment in January 2014.

The two practitioners were tortured while in the detention center. Although Ms. Wang was in critical condition and both families tried to request their release when they failed the requisite medical examination, the authorities refused to release them. Instead, they were sent to prison.

On July 17, 2014, Ms. Wang appeared emaciated, had extremely high blood pressure, and displayed symptoms of atrophy of her brain. Nevertheless, she was still forced to work and not allowed to do the Falun Gong exercises. Whenever she closed her eyes, the inmates reported to the authorities that she was doing the exercises. When she shouted “Falun Dafa is good,” she was shoved to the ground and had her nose pinched and mouth covered. Her legs were bruised from the pinching.

Ms. Wang shouted the same phrase on another day and was beaten by the deputy head in charge of handling Falun Gong practitioners at the prison. The deputy head beat Ms. Wang and kicked her in the face, causing it to swell up. He later dragged her to his office to be beaten again.

When Ms. Wang's family visited her before Chinese New Year in 2015, she was accompanied by a prison guard who showed her family a list of Ms. Wang’s “illnesses” and told them she refused treatment. The most severe items included high blood pressure and stroke. Ms. Wang was in good health before she was sent to prison.

Parties Responsible for Ms. Wang's case:Yang Li, warden: +86-248-9296666, +86-156-98806333Wang Ruihua, political commissar: +86-248-9296677, +86-156-98800022Wang Tie, general manager: +86-248-9296655, +86-156-98806655

(Contact information for other responsible parties is available in the original Chinese article.)