(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on June 15 and 16, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Detention, Torture, and Financial Loss

The six practitioners below have suffered similar persecution for 16 years. They have encountered arrest, detention, torture, and serious financial loss. Their families have also suffered greatly due to their imprisonment.

Mr. Qin Zhongke (秦中科) was detained at Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp in October 2000, where he nearly died. He shouted “Falun Dafa is good” and was beaten with clubs by the guards. A fellow practitioner who was also detained at the camp witnessed the torture and exposed it on the Minghui website.

Ms. Zhou Xiuzhen (周秀珍) was held at the Beijing Xicheng District Detention Center in December 17, 2000. She was shocked with electric batons, and her fingers were burned with a lighter. A brutal beating left her collar bone and ribs broken. She was thrown alongside a road several days later. She returned home on her own but was forced to leave home again to avoid further persecution.

Case 1: Mr. Qin Zhongke (秦中科)

Profession: Senior engineerHometown: Handan City, Hebei ProvinceDate filed: Recently, date not specified

Key FactsMr. Qin was arrested three times and held in four different forced labor camps since 1999. He was subjected to electric baton shocks, beatings, force-feeding, and sleep deprivation. Once, he nearly died at Wujiabao Labor Camp when guards beat him with clubs.

Mr. Qin's wife was also arrested while he was serving his term in the forced labor camp. His 80-year-old father was left alone with no one to care for him.

Mr. Qin was again arrested in 2002.

During his latest arrest on July 15, 2008, police seized many personal items and cash from his home. His detention caused red spots to appear on his body, and there was a period of time when he could not take care of himself.

Current SituationMr. Qin is currently free and seeking payment of his salary that was withheld by his former employer.

Related Report(s)Facts of the Persecution against Falun Gong Practitioners in Handan City, Hebei ProvinceRetired Senior Engineer from Handan Steel Company Arrested AgainPersecution of Former Senior Engineer from Handan Iron and Steel Group Results in Disability

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Case 2: Dr. Chen Guorong (陈国蓉)

Profession: Chief physicianHometown: Chengdu City, Sichuan ProvinceDate filed: July 2, 2015

Key FactsDr. Chen was arrested twice and detained in a brainwashing center. Her first arrest occurred in May 2000 at a park, when she was with other practitioners.

Dr. Chen was locked in a small, dirty room in the police station while her home was ransacked. The police tried to force her husband to write a guarantee stating that he would monitor her and stop her from practicing. Her husband refused. She was later held at the detention center for 15 days and at the brainwashing center for more than one month before she was released.

She was arrested again on May 2, 2007 at another practitioner's home. The police took her to her home and ransacked it. She was then interrogated at the police station before being released.

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Case 3: Mr. Fang Bin (方斌)

Profession: ManagerHometown: Wuhan City, Hubei ProvinceDate filed: July 1, 2015

Key FactsMr. Fang Bin was arrested and detained at least four times, and his home was ransacked by police. Two of his detentions lasted two years, during which he was deprived of sleep and made to sit on a “small stool” (used as a torture device) for a long period of time. He was also forced to do hard labor.

Mr. Fang's wife was also detained three times in a forced labor camp for a total of five years. During their incarceration, their son had no one to care for him, and he faced discrimination by association. Their relatives suffered greatly, and Mr. Fang's father passed away in grief.

Current SituationMr. Fang and his wife are currently free. However, they have both lost their jobs. With no source of income, they survive by borrowing money from relatives. The police department has yet to return his passport and computer.

Related Report(s)Dafa Practitioner Fang Bin from Beijing Resists Persecution with Righteous ThoughtsNews from China - April 23, 2005

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Case 4: Mr. Lu Guanru (吕观茹) and Ms. Sun Zhongping (孙忠萍)

Profession: Mr. Lu worked for Daqing Housing Construction. His wife, Ms. Sun, worked at the Daqing Oil Plant Equipment Station.Hometown: Daqing City, Heilongjiang ProvinceDate filed: June 5, 2015

Key FactsMr. Lu was detained twice and sentenced to more than one year of forced labor. At the labor camp, he was beaten, subjected to freezing temperatures, and had hands tied with thin ropes. He was also forced to do hard labor, which caused him to age rapidly. After his release, Mr. Lu left home for 14 years to avoid further persecution.

His wife Ms. Sun was detained five times and twice tortured to critical condition. To avoid further persecution, she was forced to live away from home for nearly ten years.

During one of Ms. Sun's detentions, her daughter went to the police department to seek her mother's release and was locked in a metal cage for more than one hour.

Related Report(s)After Ten Years of Traveling Place to Place to Avoid Persecution, Ms. Sun Zhongping ArrestedMs. Sun Zhongping from Daqing City Taken to Harbin Drug Rehabilitation CenterThe Brutal Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners at the Harbin Drug Treatment Center

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Case 5: Mr. Hu Zhongjie (胡忠杰)

Profession: Secretary and DirectorHometown: Zoucheng CityDate filed: Recently, date not specified

Key FactsWhen the persecution of Falun Gong first started, many Falun Gong materials in Mr. Hu's house were confiscated. On January 17, 2002, his house was ransacked by police, who seized many personal items not related to Falun Gong. Mr. Hu and his wife were then detained at a police station.

Mr. Hu's wife was released the next day, but Mr. Hu was detained at the detention center for 43 days. He was later sentenced to one and a half years in a forced labor camp, where he was beaten and had his hair shaved off. He was released in March 2002.

Current SituationMr. Hu is currently free. He is seeking his pension from his former workplace, but has yet to hear from them.

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Case 6: Ms. Zhou Xiuzhen (周秀珍)

Profession: Formerly employee at China Petroleum Pipeline BureauHometown: Langfang City, Hebei ProvinceDate filed: June 17, 2015

Key FactsMs. Zhou and her family suffered greatly for 16 years.

Ms. Zhou was arrested ten times. He was sent to a forced labor camp once and a brainwashing center four times. While detained, her head was repeatedly bashed against a wall. She was tied to a metal chair and shocked with electric batons. Her fingers were burned with a lighter. The torture broke her sternum and ribs.

Ms. Zhou's husband was arrested twice and sent to a detention center and a brainwashing center. With both parents detained, their son was constantly stressed, and his school tried to make him renounce Falun Gong.

Ms. Zhou's younger sister was also persecuted for practicing Falun Gong. Her health deteriorated after suffering physical and mental abuse in detention. She passed away on April 29, 2013. Under constant stress of worrying for her children, Ms. Zhou's mother passed away, too.

Related Report(s)Ms. Zhou Xiuzhen Suffers Inhuman Torture in Xicheng District Public Security Bureau in Beijing in 2000Ms. Zhou Xiuzhen Illegally Arrested, Elderly Husband Given Runaround Trying to Locate Her

Details of complaint in Chinese language


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.