Additional Persecution News from China - June 21, 2008 (47 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 37 cities or counties in 14 provinces. In this report, 17 practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during their detention and at least 67 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Xingtai City, Hebei Province] Several Practitioners Taken into Custody
At around 11:00 a.m. on June 17, 2008, the police searched the two places where Ms. Feng Chao, a practitioner in Qiaoxi District, Xingtai City, lives. The police took two printers, a notebook computer, and some supplies. The officers also took 160,500 yuan in cash, which Ms. Feng was going to use to purchase a home. Ms. Feng's mother, a practitioner in her 70s, was also taken into custody. The whereabouts of three other practitioners--Ms. Zhang Zhihong, Xiaoxue, and a female classmate--are also unknown. Several other practitioners were also taken into custody.
When Ms. Feng's younger brother and her brother-in-law went to visit her mother, the police unlawfully detained them. When Ms. Feng's husband went to visit his family, he was detained as well. Ms. Feng has been forced to leave home with nowhere to stay. Her whereabouts are unknown.
2. [Xingtai City, Hebei Province] A Production Site for Falun Gong Materials Sabotaged; Over Twenty Practitioners Taken into Custody from a Fa Conference
A few days ago, over 20 practitioners were having a Fa conference at a production site for Falun Gong materials. Officers from the Qiaodong Police Department in Xingtai City took all the practitioners into custody. The police confiscated desktop and notebook computers and other machines.
3. [Dong'a County, Shandong Province] Ms. Shao Aimin Taken to Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Shao Aimin is a practitioner in Buliu Village, Niudian Town, Dong'a County. At around 3:00 p.m. on May 26, 2008, officers from the Niudian Town Police Station broke into her home and took her to the detention center affiliated with the county police department. After about two weeks, the police notified Ms. Shao's family to bring in 400 yuan in exchange for her release. When Ms. Shao's fiancé turned in 400 yuan, he was not permitted to see Ms. Shao. On June 30, the police took Ms. Shao to the Jinan Forced Labor Camp for 15 months of forced labor.
4. [Jilin Province] Additional Information on the Arrest of Ms. Jia Xiuru and Mr. Liu Jianyun
At around 8:00 p.m. on June 18, 2008, Ms. Jia Xiuru, 57, and Mr. Liu Jianyun were taken into custody by four police officers from the Beiji Street Police Station in Jilin City. The two practitioners are being held at the Jilin City Detention Center.
5. [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Yanhua Taken into Police Custody Again
At around 8:00 a.m. on June 19, 2008, Zhou Yuanwei and other officers from the Longwangmiao Police Station took orders from the Donggang City Police Department and broke into Ms. Liu Yanhua's home in Wulong Village, Longwangmiao Town, Donggang City. The police took Ms. Liu to the Longwangmiao Police Station again. At 6:00 p.m. on June 19, Ms. Liu was transferred to the Donggang Detention Center.
Zhou Yuanwei (male), director of the Longwangmiao Police Station: 86-15942526777 (Cell), 86-415-7902242 (Office)
6. [Xuchang City, Henan Province] Changqing, a Female Practitioner, Taken into Custody on June 15, 2008, While Clarifying the Truth
7. [Jieyang City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Zeng Shugang Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
In April 2008, the Rongcheng District Court in Jieyang City unlawfully sentenced Mr. Zeng Shugang to five years in prison. Mr. Zeng appealed the case and hired an attorney who was willing to uphold justice to defend him. Judges at the Rongcheng District Court have prevented the attorney from examining Mr. Zeng's case documents.
Yang Shucheng (male), judge at the Jieyang City Intermediate Court who was involved in the persecution
8. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Liu Qingfeng Taken into Custody at His Home
9. [Changde City, Hunan Province] Several Practitioners Taken into Custody by Domestic Security Division of Wuling District Police Department
On May 22, 2008, officers from the Domestic Security Division of the Wuling District Police Department in Changde City took Mr. Feng Ping, Mr. Peng Youde, and Ms. Hao Mulan into custody. The practitioners are being held at the Linli Detention Center.
10. [Yuxi City, Yunnan Province] Two Practitioners Taken into Custody by Hongta District Police Department
On May 20, 2008, officers from the Hongta District Police Department took into custody Ms. Hu Cuiying from the Zhaoguanying No. 4 Commune in Dayingjie Town, Hongta District, Yuxi City. Ms. Hu's home was also unlawfully searched. Early June 2008, officers from the Hongta District Police Department took into custody Ms. Gong Qiongying and searched her home in Changlixishan Village, Dayingjie Town, Hongta District.
11. [Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Zhang Lili Placed on Trial
Ms. Zhang Lili, a practitioner form Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, was unlawfully placed on trial at the Kunshan City Court. The judge hastily called off the trial and no sentence was announced.
12. [Luquan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Aizhi and Mr. Lu Ruixing Unlawfully Taken into Custody
Ms. Zhang Aizhi, 63, and Mr. Lu Ruixing, 58, were turned in to the police while they were distributing truth-clarification materials. Officers from the Dahe Town Police Station in Luquan City under the jurisdiction of Shijiazhuang City took the two practitioners into custody and searched their homes. The practitioners' whereabouts are unknown.
13. [Boye County, Hebei Province] Ms. Lu Yankun Taken into Custody
Ms. Lu Yankun is a teacher at the Dongshe Village in Boye County. On June 18, 2008, she was drying wheat under the sun at her home when a dozen police officers led by Hu Zhiguang of the Domestic Security Division of the Boye County Police Department took her into custody. Ms. Lu is being held at the Boye County Detention Center.
Hu Zhiguang (male), political instructor of the Domestic Security Division: 86-312-13833485168
Zhao Dingqiang (male), director of the detention center: 86-312-8325707, 86-13333127127 (Cell), 86-312-8325865
14. [Chongqing] Two Practitioners in Fengjie County Taken into Custody
Ms. Shen Xueya, in her 50s, is an employee of the Fengjie County State Tax Department. On June 10, 2008, she was taken into custody by officers from the Fengjie County Police Department. Her home was searched.
Ms. Chen Wenhui, in her 50s, is a retired teacher in Xinglong Town, Fengjie County. On June 19, 2008, officers from the Fengjie County Police Department took her into custody.
Lei Dehuan (male), Party Secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee: 86-13896206588 (Cell), 86-23-56557326 (Office)
Wang Cheng (male), chief of the Fengjie County Police Department: 86-13908266212 (Cell), 86-23-56516058 (Office)
15. [Ruanling County, Hunan Province] Ms. Xuan Hehua Secretly Sentenced to Prison
Ms. Xuan Hehua has been on a hunger strike since June 2, 2008. She is in poor health and cannot walk. Officials from the Ruanling County Court secretly announced her prison terms while she was receiving intravenous injections in a cell at the detention center.
Office of the president of the court: 86-745-4221027
Office of Procuratorate: 86-745-4225995
16. [Yuncheng County, Shandong Province] Over Twenty Practitioners Taken into Custody
In mid-May, officers from the "610 Offices" and police departments in Yuancheng County and Juancheng County arrived in three vehicles and took into custody Ms. Yang Liangxiu and Ms. Pan Ruohua in Yucheng County. Mr. Cao Huacheng and over 20 practitioners from Juancheng County remain in custody.
17. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Manzhen Taken into Custody
At noon on June 19, 2008, Jia Lichao (male) led other officers from the Nanzhiqiu Police Station to Ms. Wang Manzhen's home in Dongchenjiazhuang Village, Nanzhiqiu Town. The officers searched Ms. Wang's home and took her to the Nanzhiqiu Police Station. Ms. Wang was released only after the police extorted 5,000 yuan in cash from her family.
18. [Jiaohe City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Face Unlawful Trial
At around 8:00 a.m. on June 18, 2008, Mr. Qiu Baohe was put on trial.
On June 23, 2008, Ms. Chang Guiyun, Ms. Zhang Min, and Ms. Shi Guizhi were tried.
19. [Xiajin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Yang Xiurong Taken into Custody
On or around June 10, 2008, Ms. Yang Xiurong was taken into custody while she was clarifying the truth and distributing truth-clarification materials. She is being held at the Xiajin County Detention Center.
20. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] An Elderly Practitioner Taken into Custody by Sanqiao Police Station in Western Suburbs of Xi'an City
Around June 17, 2008, officers from the Sanqiao Police Station in the western suburbs of Xi'an City took into custody a female practitioner in her 70s.
21. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Dou Suqin and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
On June 19, 2008, Ms. Dou Suqin, Ms. Liu Guijuan, and Ms. Zhang Shuwen from Baigongtun Hamlet in Fengrun District, Tangshan City, went to Yutian County to clarify the truth. They were turned in to the police. At around 5:00 p.m. officers from the Yutian County Police Station took them into custody. The three practitioners are being held at the Matoushan Police Station.
22. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Mr. Dong Lixin Taken into Custody
At around 2:30 p.m. on June 26, 2008, Mr. Dong Lixin was taken into custody by the police in Laizhou City. The police also confiscated a notebook computer, a printer, a photocopier, and a DVD burner.
23. [Feicheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Shi Ruifen and Ms. Niu Zhiqin at Chazhuang Coal Mine Unlawfully Sentenced to Three Years in Prison
24. [Shunping County, Hebei Province] Mr. Tang Zhijie Taken into Custody
On June 16, 2008, Mr. Tang Zhijie was taken into custody by the Jiangcheng Township Police Station in Xinshi District, Baoding City. His home was searched the following day. Mr. Tang is being held at the Mancheng County Detention Center.
25. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Mr. Huang Baochang Taken into Custody at His Home at 1:00 a.m. on June 19, 2008
26. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Wang Guiying Taken to Liugang Detention Center in Zhengzhou City
27. [Heilongjiang Province] Suiling Forestry Department Unlawfully Took Ms. Yin Aidong into Custody
28. [Qingcheng County, Gansu Province] Mr. Jiang Liangrong Taken into Custody at Home
On June 17, 2008, Mr. Jiang Liangrong, 62, was taken into custody at his home in Taibailiang Township, Qingcheng County, by the Qingcheng County Crime Response Unit. Mr. Jiang is being held at the Huan County Detention Center.
29. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Meng Qingying Held at Daqing City Detention Center
On June 5, 2008, Ms. Meng Qingying, who lives in Changqing No. 2 District in Daqing City, was taken into custody by Xu Yanjun (male) and other officers from the Longgang Police Department. She was taken to the Daqing City No. 2 Detention Center. On the evening of June 18, she was transferred to the Daqing City Detention Center.
30. [Anguo City, Hebei Province] Mr. He Zaochai, in His Sixties, Taken into Custody at Around 4:00 p.m. on June 18, 2008
31. [Jiahe County, Hunan Province] Ms. Cao Jinxiu and Ms. Hu Yumei Taken into Custody
On the afternoon of May 27, 2008, Ms. Cao Jinxiu and Ms. Hu Yumei from Jiahe County was taken into custody at Pingxi Village, Lianhe Township, Jiahe County. The two practitioners remain in custody at the detention center.
Hu Peng (male), director of the Guangfa Township Police Station in Jiahe County: 86-15873556699 (Cell), 86-13973546139 (Cell)
32. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Liu Qingfeng Taken into Custody; His Home Searched
On the afternoon of June 18, 2008, officers from the Tiedong Police Department and from the Shannan Police Station in Anshan City searched Mr. Liu Qingfeng's home. Mr. Liu's mother, who is not a practitioner, was taken to the Tiedong Police Department with Mr. Liu. She was released after 8:00 p.m. that night. According to reliable sources, the police took bank cards and deposit receipts while unlawfully searching Mr. Liu's home.
33. [Wei County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Kexiang and Ms. Guo Ruiyun Taken to Detention Center from Their Homes
Late at night on June 13, 2008 and early in the morning on June 14, officers from the Yuanbao Police Station in Wei County broke into the homes of Ms. Zhang Kexiang (in her 60s) and Ms. Guo Ruiyun (in her 40s) in Donglaizhuang Village, Yuanbao Township. The officers searched the two practitioners' homes and took them to the Wei County Detention Center.
34. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Additional Information on Mr. Wu Bo in Custody
At around 2:00 p.m. on June 17, 2008, officers from the Tiexi Police Department took into custody Mr. Wu Bo and his older sister. The officers confiscated his older sister's car and the title to her home. Mr. Wu and his sister are being held in Tiexi Police Department in Anshan City.
Jin Jun (male), director of the Tiexi Police Department in Anshan City: 86-412-8842582
Political Security Section of the Tiexi Police Department: 86-412-8830187
35. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Sheng Shijie Taken into Custody on June 18, 2008
36. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Sun Baoping Taken into Police Custody on June 19, 2008
37. [Beijing] Mr. Gao Huirong and Ms. Gao Huiyun Taken into Custody at Their Home
At around 5:00 p.m. on June 15, 2008, a group of officers from the Chongwen Police Department in Beijing broke into Mr. Gao Huirong and Ms. Gao Huiyun's home at No. 208 Dongsidaokou, No. 3 Team of Fenzhongsi in Fengtai District. They drove the rest of the family out and shouted at the two practitioners who are in their 60s. The police took Ms. Gao's Falun Dafa books and a tape recorder during the unlawful search. They then took Mr. Gao and his wife into custody.
38. [Duolun County, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Several Practitioners Taken into Custody
On June 18, 2008, Ms. Yan Xiurong in Duolun County was taken into custody. Practitioners taken into custody on June 12 were Mr. Zhou Ruilin, Ms. Yang Shumin, Mr. Yang Dianjun, Ms. Zhou Yanhua, Ms. Xiao Guanglan, Ms. Xu Xiuying, and Ms. Liu Fengzhi.
39. [Beijing] Ms. Wang Zhiqin and Mr. Wang Chongjun Unlawfully Sentenced to Forced Labor
On June 20, 2008, the Wang family received a letter from the Legal Division of the Chaoyang Police Department in Beijing. The police notified the family in the letter that elderly Mr. Wang Chongjun had been sentenced respectively to two years of forced labor and Ms. Wang Zhiqin to two and a half years.
40. [Luzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Zhang Guangxian Taken into Custody
At around 10:00 a.m. on June 19, 2008, Mr. Zhang Guangxian, who lives in the Qiancao'ba area in Luzhou City, clarified the truth to others while he was grocery shopping at the Baixianglin Farm Market. He was taken to the management office of the Baixianglin Residential Community. Later, Longmatan District 610 Office personnel took him to the Naxi Detention Center.
41. [Chongqing] Ms. Tian Yifeng Taken into Custody
On May 23, 2008, Ms. Tian Yifeng was taken into custody while distributing truth-clarification materials in Jingguan Street. She is being held at the Dujiajie Detention Center in the Beipei area.
In addition, Ms. Zhong Chuanhui was taken into custody while clarifying the truth in the Beipei area. She is being held at the Dujiajie Detention Center.
42. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Huang Jing, Taken into Custody on April 23, 2008, Held at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
43. [Shanghai] Mr. Liu Peng on Hunger Strike for Almost 60 Days
Mr. Liu Peng was taken into custody on February 21, 2008. Ms. Zheng Yan was taken into custody on February 25, 2008. The two practitioners are being held at the Xuhui District Detention Center. Mr. Liu has been on a hunger strike for almost 60 days since April 22.
Xuhui District Detention Center: 86-21-64868911 ext. 37247 (for the male ward on the fourth floor) and ext. 37248 (for the female ward on the fifth floor)
44. [Huailai County, Hebei Province] Ms. Chang Lan and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
Ms. Chang Lan and Mr. Zhang Xiping clarified the truth to a Party Secretary in the barber shop that they owned in Donghuayuan Town, Huailai County. The Party Secretary turned the two practitioners in to the police. At 10:00 p.m. on June 7, 2008, several people from the Donghuayuan Town Police Station took Ms. Chang Lan, Mr. Zhang Xiping, and a young practitioner surnamed Zhang into custody. The police also conducted an unlawful search and confiscated a computer, a photocopier, and supplies, with a total value of around 10,000 yuan. Ms. Chang remains in custody at the detention center. Mr. Zhang has been released.
On the morning of June 11, 2008, five people from the Shacheng Town Police Station in Huailai County took into custody Mr. Jia and his wife, Ms. Li, while they were at work at their own business. The police searched the two young practitioners' home and took a computer, a printer, a photocopier, a DVD burner, DVDs, paper, and other supplies. The total value was estimated at 20,000 yuan. Mr. Jia managed to escape, and Ms. Li is being held at the detention center.
Ms. Wang Yanjun has, for an extended period of time, remained under the constant surveillance of the county domestic security division and 610 Office.
45. [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Ms. Shao Bingzhi Taken into Custody by Railroad Station Police
Ms. Shao Bingzhi, 43, is from Shijiuli Town, Bozhou City. At the end of March 2008, she came to visit her family in Bozhou City from out of town. She was taken into custody by officers from the Railroad Station Police Station at Bozhou Railroad Station. She was taken to Bengbu Railroad Station and her current whereabouts are unknown.
Bozhou Railroad Station Police Station: 86-558-5327658
Bengbu Railroad Police Division: 86-552-2042524, 86-552-3921698, 86-552-3922698
46. [Neijiang City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhou Missing for Over a Month, Possibly under Police Custody
47. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Chen Jiafu Taken to Detention Center
On May 30, 2008, Mr. Chen Jiafu, in his 60s, who lives in Sanyi No. 7 Division in Mengyang Town, Pengzhou City, was taken into custody at his home by the Mengyang Town Police Station for no given reason. The officers also searched his home and took Falun Dafa books and over 7,000 yuan cash. The police even searched the room of Mr. Chen's daughter-in-law, who is not a practitioner. Mr. Chen is being held at the detention center.