Latest News from China - June 2, 2004
- [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Frenzied Police Arrest Dafa Practitioners
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Current Situation of Three Detained Practitioners
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Four Practitioners Recently Arrested or Sentenced to Prison
- [Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Experience Sharing Conference Successfully Held
- [Guandong Province] Three Practitioners Arrested, Their Whereabouts Currently Unknown
- [Tianjin] Seven Practitioners Arrested for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Practitioner Qi Jing'e for Distributing Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Practitioner Admitted to Xi'an City's Police Department Prison Hospital for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Material
- [Pingjiang County, Hunan Province] Practitioners Detained for Producing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Tang Min Transferred from the Laodaohe Brainwashing Center to a Mental Hospital
- [China] National Security Secret Agents Forbid Overseas Tourists to Read Falun Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Linyi City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhang Xiangxing and His Son Zhang Yuguo Arrested for Clarifying the Facts about Falun Gong
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhou Youyu, from Jiangxia District, Detained in a Brainwashing Center
- [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhu Xiangkuan Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
1. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Frenzied Police Arrest Dafa Practitioners
In the past few days, deputy chief Yu Deqing and Cao Yujia from the No. 1 Section, Dandong City's Police Department collaborated with officers from the Qidao Police Station and the Liudao Police Station to arrest local Dafa practitioners in a frenzy.
At around 7:00 p.m. on May 24, Yu Deqing and Cao Yujia from Dandong City's Police Department led more than a dozen people including Sha Youxia to break into practitioner Ms. Yang Huizhen's home, took Yang Huizhen away by force and ransacked her home. At around 10:00 p.m., they came to Yang's home again and forcibly took Yang's daughter, Zhang Chungang, away. Both practitioners are being held at the Baifang Detention Center now.
Practitioner Ms. Zhao Hong'e was an elementary school teacher. She was forced to leave home to avoid arrest because she had clarified the facts to her students. At around 11:00 p.m. on the same day, three lawless policemen smashed the door of Zhao Hong'e's parents' house and ransacked the place. The sound of the door being smashed woke up the neighbors who witness the policemen's criminal behavior.
In addition, around six practitioners have successively been arrested. Only one practitioner's name is known, which is Ms. Wang Lian. Information about the other five practitioners is unavailable. A Dafa materials production site was also destroyed and equipment confiscated.
2. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Current Situation of Three Detained Practitioners
After being arrested, practitioner Ms. Chen Hua from Guangzhou City was sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor at the city's Chatou Women's Forced Labor Camp.
Practitioner Ms. Wang Yuqing is being held and tortured at Haizhu District's Brainwashing Center. Her 11-year-old daughter misses her mother day and night.
Practitioner Wu Zhijun from Guangxi Province was sentenced to eight years in prison at the No. 9 Prison District, Hengtang Street, Guilin City, Guangxi Province.
Telephone number: 86-773-5865348 and 5865346.
3. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Four Dafa Practitioners Recently Arrested or Sentenced to Prison
Dafa practitioner Liu Guangfu from Jinzhou City was sentenced to one year in prison. Practitioner Shao Minggang was sentenced to three years.
Practitioner Li Fengjun was arrested.
Practitioner Cao Yuhuan had staged a hunger strike for three days, lasting until May 28 to protest the persecution.
4. [Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Experience-Sharing Conference Successfully Held
On May 26, 2004, more than 80 Falun Gong practitioners from Jiangyou City and suburban areas held a Fa-conference.
More than 20 fellow practitioners shared their experience in persistently clarifying the facts to people; distributing flyers; hanging up posters and other items during the persecution. This greatly encouraged those practitioners who have an attachment to fear and have not even dared to accept truth-clarifying materials. Practitioners all agree that only righteous thoughts and righteous actions can truly shock evildoers.
5. [Guandong Province] Three Practitioners Arrested, Their Whereabouts Currently Unknown
In May 2004, practitioner Ms. Chen Jundiao from Chao'an County, Chaozhou City, Guangdong Province, was arrested at home without due cause and she has not yet been released. Police did not present any warrant when they arrested her and kept secret the location of Chen Jundiao's detention. Chen's family is not allowed to visit her. Until now, her family does not know where Chen being held. Her family was told that the police were trying to meet the quota for detained practitioners. Chen Jundiao's family is worried about her situation.
In March 2004, practitioner Mr. Liu Shengkui was arrested for distributing truth- clarifying flyers in the Tianhe District. Another practitioner Mr. Zhou Dafeng was arrested at his workplace, Huangpu District's Education Bureau, for distributing flyers as well. Both practitioners' whereabouts are unknown.
6. [Tianjin] Seven Practitioners Arrested for Distributing Truth-clarifying Materials
On May 22, 2004, seven practitioners including Ms. Yang Lihua from Tianjin were arrested for distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials at the Pan Mountain area in Ji County. Now they are being held in Ji County Detention Center.
Related phone numbers:
Ji County's Detention Center: 86-22-82861638
Pan Mount Police Precinct: 86-22-29823555
7. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Practitioner Qi Jing'e for Distributing Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
At around 11:00 a.m. of May 21, 2004, practitioner Ms. Qi Jing'e, of Harbin City was reported when distributing Dafa truth-clarification CDs and materials. Then police from the Garden Police Precinct arrested her. In addition, her home was searched, but police did not find anything. Qi is still being detained.
8. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Practitioner Admitted to Xi'an City's Police Department Prison Hospital for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Material
Around the middle of May 2004, a female practitioner, about 50 years old, was arrested when distributing truth-clarifying materials. The perpetrators were police from the Weiyang District of Xi'an City. At present, she is being detained in the Ankang Prison Hospital, Xi'an City's Police Department. The practitioner has since been on a hunger strike to resist the persecution. The hospital will usually tie those practitioners who resist the persecution to a bed or a chair, and then give them injections of drugs.
Ankang Hospital of Xi'an City's Police Department:
Address: Qujiangchi Road, Yanta District, Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province, P. R. China
Zip code: 710061, Telephone number: 86-29-85252694, 86-29-85251869
9. [Pingjiang County, Hunan Province] Practitioners Detained for Producing Truth-Clarifying Materials
On May 24 to 28, policemen from Changsha County arrested practitioners Zhu Saijin, Wu Chaxiang, Wu Haolan, Li Zhenrong, and Li Yongyi from Yuping Township, Pingjiang County, Hunan Province, when the practitioners were making Dafa truth-clarifying materials. The police even went to the practitioners' hometown, ransacked their homes and looted several Dafa books. The five practitioners are being held at Changsha County's Detention Center.
In late May, policemen from Pingjiang County also arrested practitioner Chen Shengping from the same county when he was removing Dafa-slandering pictures. He is currently being held at the county's detention center.
Practitioners being held at the Daqing City Detention Center:
No.3 Team (1 practitioner): Bai Xuchang
No. 4 Team (five practitioners) Dai Yi, Meng Guangfeng, Ma Zhihong, Fu Guobin, Zuo Xiaoguang
No.1 Team (1 practitioner): Du Guocong
No.2 Team (2 practitioners): Huang Tairen, Li Zikuan
Before the 2004 Spring Festival, some steadfast Dafa practitioners were transferred to the Suihua City Forced Labor Camp from the DaqingCity Forced Labor Camp, including Yu Shuang, Bai Xuchang (a week later, he came back), Li Zongfu, Guo Fadong, Liu Fubin, Hu Hongji.
Note: Practitioner Lu Bingshen was tortured to death. The main persons responsible: Wang Xichun, Zhang Mingzhu.
10. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Tang Min Transferred from the Laodaohe Brainwashing Center to a Mental Hospital
It was reported that the brainwashing class that began on March 8, 2004 in Changsha City's Laodaohe Brainwashing Center in Hunan Province was supposed to end in May but has instead been extended to July. Dafa practitioner Ms. Tang Min, from Hunan Province's Traditional Chinese Medical University, being persecuted in this class, was sent to a mental hospital because she refused to compromise with lawless officials who tried to force her to give up her belief.
11. [China] National Security Secret Agents Forbid Overseas Tourists to Read Falun Dafa Truth-clarifying Materials
In March 2004, a Chinese travel agent organized a traveling group containing about 20 tourists for an overseas trip. A secret agent from the National Security Bureau was among those tourists. S/he prohibited others from reading the truth-clarifying materials, which overseas practitioners had distributed and stopped others from listening to information about Falun Dafa.
12. [Linyi City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhang Xiangxing and His Son Zhang Yuguo Arrested for Clarifying the Truth about Falun Gong
Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Xiangxing and his son Mr. Zhang Yuguo, from Xujiahu Town, Yishui County, Linyi City, Shandong Province, have benefited from Falun Gong practice. On May 1, 2004, two people from Xujiahu Town's Comprehensive Administration Office asked Zhang Xiangxing whether or not he still practiced Falun Gong. Zhang Xiangxing then clarified the truth to them, and told them how Falun Gong is being persecuted. Consequently they informed the county's "610 Office" (1). Afterwards, Li Jianping, chief of the National Security Team and Li Yuyou, the associate chief, arrested Zhang Xiangxing. Currently, he is being detained at Yishui County's Detention Center.
Persons mainly responsible for the arrest: (Country code: 86, area code: 539, Do not dial area code before a cellular phone number)
The county's "610 Office":
Li Dong, head: 2260145 (Home)
Li Kejian, associate head: 2253385 (Home), 13954950369 (Cell)
The National Security Team:
Li Jianping, chief: 2211575 (Home)
Li Yuyou, associate chief: 221536(Home)
13. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhou Youyu, from Jiangxia District, Detained in a Brainwashing Center
In the afternoon on May 13, more than ten lawless policemen arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhou Youyu from the Jiangxia District, Wuhan City. These policemen had waited for her all morning. As soon as Zhou Youyu returned, they arrested her at the entrance to her home. She shouted, "Falun Dafa is great. Falun Dafa is a righteous way!" Many people witnessed her arrest. Currently, Zhou Youyu is being detained at Wuchang City's Yangyuan Brainwashing Center.14. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhu Xiangkuan Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Mr. Zhu Xiangkuan, 60 years old, is from Zhujia Village, Luocheng Town, Shouguang City, Shandong Province. On the morning of May 23, 2003, policemen in Shouguang City crossed the wall and forcibly took him away without following any legal procedures. They also confiscated 2,000 Yuan (2) from him in cash. During Zhu's detention period, lawless policemen attempted to extort money from his family many times, but his family sternly refused. Zhu Xiangkuan has been sentenced to two years of forced labor and is currently being detained at the Changle Forced Labor Camp.
(1) The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
(2) Yuan is the unit of currency in China, where the average monthly salary of an urban worker is 500 Yuan.
June 1, 2004