(Minghui.org) Nine years after a doctor in his 70s was released on bail, he was arrested again and is now facing a prison sentence for his faith in Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since July 20, 1999.

Mr. Wang Xinqing, of Tongcheng County, Hubei Province, was first arrested on November 24, 2010 and held at the Tongcheng County Detention Center. The Tongcheng County Procuratorate later indicted him and forwarded his case to the county court.

As Mr. Wang developed swelling and infection on the right side of his face and had difficulty eating, he was released on bail for medical treatment on January 25, 2011. The Tongcheng County Court held a hearing for him in March 2011, but he didn’t attend. The presiding judge Li Shuming ordered a police officer to take Mr. Wang into custody on November 24, 2011, but the officer didn't comply.

Mr. Wang never received any further notice regarding his case for the next eight years, but he was suddenly arrested on August 12, 2019, as the police claimed that they were trying to close his case.

One month after Mr. Wang’s latest arrest, the Tongcheng County Court held a hearing on September 12, 2019. He is now awaiting a verdict at Tongcheng County Detention Center.

Mr. Wang’s latest persecution was proceeded by years of previous arrests, detention and torture for not giving up Falun Gong, which he credits for curing his gastric ulcer, arthritis, hypertension, and asthmatic bronchitis.

Arrested for Appealing for Falun Gong

On July 20, 1999, the day when the communist regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Wang and a few other practitioners rented a car and went to the Hubei provincial government to appeal for the practice. They were stopped in the suburbs in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei, and arrested.

The police sent them back to Tongcheng County and detained them for two days at a hotel. When Mr. Wang was sent back to the clinic that he worked at, he was forced to turn in his Falun Gong books and write a statement promising not to appeal for Falun Gong again. His supervisor also attempted to force him to give up practicing Falun Gong.

Four More Arrests in Less Than 1.5 Years

Because of doing the Falun Gong meditation in public with a dozen other practitioners in late November of 1999, Mr. Wang was arrested and held in Tongcheng County Detention Center. He was later released after paying 3,000 yuan bail bond. The police frequently harassed him after he returned home.

Mr. Wang was arrested again in March 2000 and detained at Xishan Detention Center for 15 days. He was forced to pay 300 yuan.

When the Tongcheng County 610 Office, an extralegal agency created specifically to persecute Falun Gong, held a brainwashing session in September 2000, Mr. Wang was arrested and held in the county mental hospital for a 15-day brainwashing session.

Mr. Wang was taken back to the mental hospital on March 5, 2001 and held there one night. On the next day, because he refused to comply with the police's demand to give up his faith in Falun Gong, he was sent to the Tongcheng County Detention Center and held there for eight months. Mr. Wang’s family was extorted 2,000 yuan by the police and paid 1,000 yuan for his food expenses when he was released.

Forced Labor Camp Term

Mr. Wang was given 1.5 years of forced labor after five months of detention following his arrest on January 5, 2002. He was held at the Shizishan Drug Rehab Center between June 2002 and March 2003, and then the rest of his term at Shayang Forced Labor Camp.

He was forced to perform unpaid labor at Shayang Forced Labor Camp, including growing garlic, rice and herbs, as well as making light bulbs. At night, he was forced to watch brainwashing material slandering Falun Gong. He returned home on July 4, 2003.

Sent to Brainwashing Center Again

Less than a year after he was released, Mr. Wang was arrested while on his way to work on April 6, 2004. The police interrogated him for three days without allowing him to sleep. He was held at the Tongcheng County Detention Center for 18 days and then the Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center in Wuhan for over a month.

The brainwashing center guards deprived Mr. Wang of sleep and didn’t allow him to have any contact with other practitioners that were also detained there. A police officer and one of his work colleagues were assigned to stay in the same room with him and monitor him around the clock. He was forced to watch videos demonizing Falun Gong and ordered to write statements renouncing his faith. His workplace paid 5,000 yuan for his brainwashing session “tuition.”

Related reports:610 Office in Tongcheng County, Hubei Province Gather up People to Arrest and Harass Falun Gong Practitioners

Snapshot of Falun Gong Practitioners Whose Copies of Lawsuits Against Jiang Zemin Were Received by Minghui on September 5-7, 2015