(Minghui.org) A Tianjin woman has been suffering from high blood pressure and high blood sugar since she was arrested for her faith in Falun Gong almost three months ago. Her family tried to submit a bail request for her, yet at the time of writing they have still not been told who is in charge of her case to handle the bail application.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. An Chunyun was arrested by a dozen police officers on April 12, 2019. She was found to have high blood pressure and high blood sugar during the required medical examination. The No.3 Detention Center at Binhai New District initially declined to admit her, but relented upon pressure from the police.

Ms. An's lawyer made several appointments with the detention center to visit her, but the appointments were all canceled by the police. He changed his strategy and went straight to the detention center on June 9 without making an appointment. This time he successfully met with Ms. An.

Ms. An told her lawyer that the police had interrogated her four times, but she didn't provide any information to them. She said the police confiscated 90 Falun Gong books from her during the home ransacking and didn't provide any document for it. She also told the lawyer that her blood pressure and blood sugar remained high.

As Ms. An's case has already been submitted to the procuratorate, the lawyer suggested that she apply for bail on medical grounds.

Her family went to the police station several times to submit the bail application, only to be told that the police weren't in charge of the case anymore.

When Ms. An's family went to the procuratorate to submit the bail application, the staff member who received them refused to reveal the full name of the person in charge of the case. The family was only told that the person's last name was Liu, and to date they still don't know if their application has been passed to Liu.

Related report:

Practitioners Arrested and Harassed in Tianjin