(Minghui.org) During the 25 years I have cultivated, Dafa has demonstrated its power to me many times.

“Half-alive” Finally Obtained the Fa

I am 77 years old and have been practicing Falun Dafa for the past 25 years. I contracted hepatitis in 1957 in middle school. I had to be hospitalized frequently to be treated for hepatitis during my high school and college years. My nickname was “Half-alive.”

In June 1994, I continued to struggle to stay alive as I was dealing with ascites for a third time. I was getting ready to be hospitalized at the West China Center of Medical Sciences, Sichuan University. The night before I was to be admitted, a division head from my workplace came to visit me at home and recommended Falun Dafa to me.

At the time I was doubtful of qigong in general and thought, “If qigong can cure diseases, what do we need hospitals and medical schools for? It should get a Nobel prize.” So when he mentioned Falun Dafa, I asked him how it would benefit me. He said, “After practicing Falun Dafa, you don't need to take any medications.” (Note: His understanding of Falun Dafa at the time was limited.)

I had been suffering from all kinds of health problems and taking all kinds of drugs for decades, so I agreed to give it a try right away in spite of my family's opposition. The next day I embarked on a train heading for Zhengzhou City to attend the Fa teaching lectures Master Li Hongzhi was giving. Little did I know that I was very fortunate to be on the same train as Master Li and he happened to be in the neighboring car.

I used to suffer arrhythmia every morning at home and my heart would often skip over 40 beats per minute, which caused severe pain. It felt as if my heart was about to jump out of my throat. That morning, however, it did not happen at all.

As the train arrived in Xi'an, the passengers got off to take a break. Master stepped off the train as well. A fellow practitioner who was traveling with me said to me excitedly, “Look! That is our Master.”

After arriving in Zhengzhou City the next morning, we went to a restaurant for breakfast. As Master happened to be there having breakfast as well, we sat down at the same table. I noticed there were many flies in the restaurant, so I specifically asked the owner, “Use more mashed garlic in my noodles.” Upon hearing this, Master said, “Don't be so attached to it.” That upset me and I acted disrespectfully, which, to this day, I was so ashamed of.

On the first day of the lectures, I was displeased with the lecture hall and thought to myself, “Maybe I should just go back and check myself into the hospital as usual.” Just then, I heard Master's voice coming from on the stage: “You are thinking of quitting yet you have been brought here by your predestined relationship. If you let this opportunity slip by, there will be none in the future.” I was shocked and wondered, “How did he know I was thinking of leaving? That is so extraordinary!” I stayed to hear the lectures.

There was tremendous interference during the lectures. One day, gusty wind came out of nowhere, followed by a thunderstorm and hail hitting the windows. All the lights in the lecture hall went out and it was pitch dark. I crawled over to the stage right beneath the desk where Master was sitting. I saw rain pouring in through the roof and onto the desk. Master did the big lotus flower hand gesture, which made the water flow into the bottle on the desk. At the same time, I saw the whole lecture hall filled with Taoist monks who stood two meters tall and were wearing gray Taoist robes. Some of them had their hair tied up in a bun while others had their long hair hanging naturally. All were kneeling to Master with the utmost respect and reverence. I said to myself, “Is it possible that he is an immortal and not an ordinary person?”

On the seventh day, Master started to purify our bodies. Because I had a strong attachment to being cured, I set out for the lecture hall very early to get a front row seat. But I was weak and ran slowly and ended up sitting in the very back row of the hall. But it turned out that it didn’t matter.

The next day, I started to have diarrhea and had to use the toilet a dozen times in a single day. My stool was dark and smelled bad. At the same time, my stomach, which had become swollen from 20 years of hepatitis and ascites, shrank significantly all of a sudden. My waist measured seven centimeters thinner than before. I had a great appetite that night. In the past I had to urinate four to six times each night. That night I did not get up even once and enjoyed a great, uninterrupted sleep all the way until the time to practice the exercises in the morning. It was so magical!

Since then, I have been steadfast in my belief in Master and Dafa, doing the exercises every day and conducting myself according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Eight months later, I tripped over a rock while wearing my reading glasses. My glasses fell down and broke. I threw them away. That night I could see the characters in the book with absolute clarity as I studied the teachings. The characters in the book shined brightly with a golden hue. To this day, my eyesight has been perfect and I can read small fonts without any problem.

Master said,

“In addition, elderly women will regain their menstrual period since a cultivation practice of mind and body requires menses to cultivate the body.” (Lecture One, Zhuan Falun)

Due to cirrhosis, I went through menopause at the age of 32. Soon after I started practicing Dafa, my menstrual periods started up again and lasted until I was 68. I have validated Master's teachings with my personal experience.

Prior to practicing Dafa, I was on the verge of death three times. Once, my cirrhosis caused a hemorrhage in my gastric veins and I vomited a basinful of blood. The hospital issued a notice of imminent death to my family. My employer even arranged a farewell ceremony for me in anticipation of my death. But I was cured after I picked up Dafa, and my complexion glowed with health. Master gave me a second life.

When my coworkers saw my dramatic changes, they wanted to learn Falun Dafa, too. My superiors were very supportive and provided a space at work for us to do the exercises and study the teachings together. They also arranged for us to show the videos of Master's Fa lectures in Guangzhou.

Master said,

“Dafa is being spread far and wide. Those who hear about it are looking for it. Those who have obtained it are delighted with it. The number of cultivators is increasing daily and becoming countless.” (“Seeking Discipleship with Teacher,” Essentials for Further Advancement)

When Master's book The Great Way of Spiritual Perfection was published in 1998, I sent copies to my superiors as a gift. Even today some of them still say to me, “I have treasured the book you gave me.”

After the persecution of Falun Dafa started in July 1999, nobody where I worked participated in it as they all knew Dafa practitioners were good people.

Master Saved Me Again

In 1996 I was riding a tricycle on my way to study the teachings when a woman carrying a child suddenly crossed the street without any warning. I had to veer into another lane to avoid her, and a taxicab hit me head-on. At the moment of impact, I felt a strong force pulling me aside. After I regained full awareness, I found myself standing on the curb and saw my tricycle lying in the middle of the road.

The taxi driver was scared and got out of his car to look at the damage but did not find anybody. A bystander suggested that someone might be pinned under the tricycle. After the driver got the tricycle up, he still could not find anyone. I said, “That is my tricycle.” The driver was shocked and asked me, “How come you are standing over there?” He then found one of my shoes under his car. Dafa demonstrated its magical power as Master saved me again.

Retrieving Lost Dafa Materials with Righteous Thoughts

In 2005, I took the bus home and forgot my tote bag on the bus. My bag contained a cell phone that I used to clarify the truth, nearly a hundred Dafa keepsakes, and over 600 yuan in cash. At that time the persecution was quite severe in the area. My family urged me not to go back and look for the bag. I said to myself, “I cannot lose Dafa materials. Dafa gave me life and I must get those precious materials back.”

As I rode my bicycle to the stop where I anticipated the bus to pass, I kept reciting Master's poem:

“Disciples’ righteous thoughts are strongMaster has the power to turn the tide” (“Master-Disciple Grace,” Hong Yin II, version B)

For some reason, there were many police officers near the bus stop, so I approached one of them and told him I’d lost my tote bag on the bus and that it had important things and cash in it. I told him what it looked like and he said, “Don't worry. I’ll call a patrol officer and we will get it back for you.”

The patrol officer came and took me to the bus terminal to wait for the bus. He also called my cell phone that was inside the bag. After hearing the ring, he reassured me, “No worries. Your bag is still on the bus. It is just a matter of time and you’ll get it back.”

It was around noon and really hot but the officer waited patiently with me at the terminal until the bus pulled up. The whole time, I kept reciting Master's poem “Master-Disciple Grace” and pleading for Master's help. My bag was found lying right beside the driver's seat. As the officer and I got on the bus, the driver was very intimidating and asked, “What is in your bag?” I said, “Nothing.” When he seemed to still want to continue questioning me, the officer scolded him, “Stop asking questions. Just hand over the bag to her right now.”

After getting my bag back, I thanked the police officer sincerely. He said, “You are welcome. This is what I am supposed to do.” I knew it was Master's care that helped me get the bag back without incident.

Master and Dafa have demonstrated their power many times in my cultivation. Dafa disciples must be worthy of Master's salvation, do the three things well, and fulfill our prehistoric oaths.