(Minghui.org) Five seniors in Wenjiang District, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province were harassed and had their homes raided by police hours apart for holding firm to their faith in Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a mind-body practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since July 1999.

Mr. Ran Congfa, in his 80s, was home on April 10, 2019, when officers from Liucheng Police Station and staff from his local street committee broke in at 11:00 a.m. They raided his home and warned him to stop practicing Falun Gong. He told him he's as healthy as can be at such an advanced age all thanks to his practice of Falun Gong. He refused to give up his faith and the police left.

A little past 2:30 p.m. that afternoon, officers Zhang Sijun and Wang Yonghong from Wenjiang District Police Department and a few local street committee members descended at the home of Ms. Wang Meizhen, in her 70s, and her husband Mr. He Guozhang, 79.

The police noted two guests, Ms. Xiong Xifang, 85, and Ms. He Yungui (no relation to Mr. He), 76, and claimed that the couple was having an illegal gathering. They called in more officers to ransack the home and stayed around until 4:00 p.m.

Mr. He was taken to Liucheng Police Station. Officer Chen alleged that Mr. He “used a cult organization to undermine law enforcement,” a standard pretext used by the regime to try to frame and imprison Falun Gong practitioners. Mr. He argued that no law criminalizes or labels Falun Gong a cult and that the persecution of Falun Gong lacks legal basis from the onset.

Mr. He refused to sign the interrogation records and was released on bail at 11:00 p.m. that night.

Mr. He's two guests, who are also Falun Gong practitioners, left his home after the police took him away. As soon as they walked towards the exit of the apartment complex, they were stopped by a few officers who had been waiting there. They said they'd give them a ride home. When the two elderly women refused, they were dragged into the police cruiser and taken to Liucheng Police Station.

After interrogating the two women, the police proceeded to ransack their homes. They couldn't find what they wanted at Ms. He's home and arrested her husband. Ms. He refused to sign the interrogation records, but her husband was forced to put his name on the document. The couple was released a bit past 6:00 p.m.

Ms. Xiong was taken back home to see her belongings rummaged through by two officers. She and her daughter were then brought to the police station, where she was forced to sign her interrogation records. She and her daughter were released around 7:00 p.m.

Officer Zhang Sijun: 86+18982138305