(Minghui.org) I am a 52-year-old civil servant. In October 2015, I experienced severe chest pain and was diagnosed with advanced multiple myeloma. I had to take chemotherapy.

I almost died during the second course of treatment. When the doctor was working to save me, my wife, who had just started practicing Falun Dafa, told me to recite “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” She also said them with me.

My wife was right. Nine hours later I was out of danger. Reciting these nine words indeed saved my life.

My wife hoped that I would read Zhuan Falun, the main book of Falun Dafa, after this incident. But I did not, because I had been influenced by the communist party's atheist culture for too long.

But she and my daughter did not give up trying to persuade me, and I read Zhuan Falun and finally began to practice Falun Dafa in May 2016.

I endured two episodes of sickness tribulations in the past two years. Protected by our great compassionate master Li Hongzhi, the founder of the practice and with the help of selfless fellow practitioners, I safely overcame the tests. I would like to share what happened to me.

The Healing Power of Dafa

My stomach was really bothering me on the morning of April 9, 2017. I wanted to vomit when I saw meat and did not eat much for lunch. I started to feel worse in the afternoon. At night, my whole body was hot, like a fireball. I had blood in my mouth. I was sometimes unconscious and sometimes awake. My hands and feet were pale. I also became incontinent.

My brother-in-law and his wife urged me to go to the hospital. They said that my cultivation could wait until after the fever was gone. I believed that I was eliminating karma as a result of cultivation and insisted on not going to the hospital.

My family helped me get into the bed and fellow practitioners read the Fa to me. My hands and feet gradually regained their color. My fever went down in half an hour. My brother and his wife smiled and said, “It is a miracle!”

“It is nothing. Don't worry. Master (the founder of Falun Dafa) has protected me!” I smiled back.

From time to time, I felt hot and weak and did not have an appetite. This situation lasted for four days. I started to cough badly on the evening of the fourth day. While the coughing lessened a few days later, it lasted for more than two months.

I understood that Master Li was cleansing my body. With help from fellow practitioners, I passed this sickness karma test.

Life and Death Test

My wife was usually busy with school work. We decided to take a vacation for a few days at the end of July 2017 during the school summer vacation. In consideration of my physical condition, we did not feel comfortable traveling alone because we had both just started practicing. We thus asked a veteran practitioner to come with us.

This veteran practitioner at first wasn't sure she wanted to go, but after further consideration, she decided to bring her daughter along.

We stayed at a tourist destination. Early in the morning on August 1, my nose started to bleed. It bled and bled nonstop. My wife went to seek help from the veteran practitioner next door.

My wife asked her if they should take me to the hospital to stop the bleeding. Instead of telling me what to do, this veteran practitioner asked me to decide.

I said, “I definitely do not want to go. The hospital will not cure me. I know several people who were better off than I that did not make it. I only believe in Master!”

The veteran practitioner said that we should all send forth righteous thoughts together and asked Master to strengthen us to negate the persecution of the old forces. I propped myself up to send righteous thoughts two times and then passed out.

I am tall and heavy. For the entire 12 hours that I bled, my wife and the veteran practitioner took turns cleaning me up, with one of them holding me up from behind and the other wiping the clots off my body and my mouth with bath towels. The daughter then washed the blood-stained towels one by one to be reused as needed. We also used up all the tissues and generated a big load of trash.

The blood was stinky and slimy, but the three of them endured the bad odor without complaint in the poorly ventilated room for all that time.

Throughout the entire time, the veteran practitioner sent forth righteous thoughts, read Zhuan Falun, and played Master's lecture tape for me to listen to.

The bleeding finally stopped around 4:00 p.m. I then felt that the blood inside my body was clear and bright. My face was rosy even though I had bled for more than 12 hours. But I felt weak.

I started to drink water and eat porridge at around 6:00 p.m. It tasted so good, as if I had never had anything as good in my whole life.

A friend gave us a ride home. I live on the fifth floor. I could not make it on my own. Five of my friends and neighbors pushed me up. It took almost an hour to get to my place.

By the next day, I was able to walk, just like nothing had happened.