(Minghui.org) Mr. Sun Yubin, 46, a Falun Gong practitioner in Yingkou City, Liaoning Province, has been arrested and detained repeatedly since July 20, 1999, when the persecution began. He was sent to a forced labor camp three times and to prison once, for a total of over 10 years between 1999 and 2011. During each detention, he was tortured almost to death many times.
Following his latest arrest on January 25, 2016, Mr. Sun was most recently sentenced to four years in prison in January 2017.

In Dongling Prison in Shenyang City, Mr. Sun was tortured and forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong. The guards also force-fed him with unknown drugs that damaged his nervous system.

The following is Mr. Sun’s personal account of what he has suffered since the persecution began.

Three Years of Forced Labor

I was working on a construction site on July 22, 1999, when a gang of police officers arrested me at work. They took me to the Caixia District Police Station and ordered me to write a “repentance statement” to renounce Falun Gong. I refused to comply, so they pressured my family to make me write the statement but to no avail. The police tied me up to a heating pipe.

Torture re-enactment: Tied to a heating pipe

After having a few drinks, they began to yell at me and slapped my face. Then they locked me up in Bayuquan Detention Center for a month. Officials from the National Security Bureau and the Political and Legal Affairs Committee interrogated me around the clock. They tortured me and forced me to squat for long periods of time.

A month later, guards took me home to ransack my residence. They confiscated my books, ID, and other personal belongings. My wife and young daughter were witnesses to the outrage.

In August, without any evidence, they said I would have to spend three years in a forced labor camp. In Yingkou Forced Labor Camp, I was forced to do slave labor. The guards tried to make me renounce my faith in Falun Gong again. Two weeks later, they transferred me to Dalian Forced Labor Camp, where I was brainwashed and pressured to write a “repentance statement.”

As a result of the torture, I lost a tremendous amount of weight and was mentally disoriented. They took me to Yingkou Mental Hospital, but the doctors there refused to admit me due to my fragile condition. In January 2001, I was released by the forced labor camp after losing control of my bodily functions.

Detained and Tortured for Possesing Falun Gong materials

I left my family and became homeless in March 2001 to avoid further persecution until Yichun Railroad Station police officers found Falun Gong materials on me and arrested me.

I was detained and interrogated in Jiatie Police Station. I had to lie on a cold bed and my legs swelled up. I went on a hunger strike to protest, but they force fed me by prying open my mouth with a wooden club. They broke several of my teeth, and some fell out. After that, they tied me to a death bed for over two weeks. Once again, I lost control of my bodily functions.

Torture re-enactment: Death bed

I was later transferred to Xigemu Forced Labor Camp. In the basement where I was locked up, there were electric batons, a tiger bench, an iron chair, hanging rings, a death bed, and implements for force feeding. There was a central monitoring room where guards could monitor the over 200 practitioners incarcerated there.

I was transferred to Suihua City Forced Labor Camp in the summer of 2002 and ordered to do slave labor. When I refused, the guards often arranged for criminal inmates to beat me.

I had a heart attack in the end of 2002. The doctor in the forced labor camp said that was what was wrong, so they took me to Suihua City Hospital, where his diagnosis was confirmed. The forced labor camp then had me taken to the detention center hospital in Jiatie City, and the heart attack was again confirmed. I was very fragile by then and could hardly eat anything. It was not until then that they notified my family to take me home.

Three-and-a-half-year Prison Term

When I went to Yingkougai County Xiaoshipeng Village to deliver Falun Gong materials in July 2005, I was seized and taken to Gaizhou Detention Center.

Torture re-enactment: Chained to ground rings

I was interrogated more than a dozen times, and the guards fingerprinted me against my will. Because I refused to do forced labor, the guards chained me with the ground rings for seven days. They beat and force fed me by inserting a feeding tube into my stomach through my nose, which caused my nose to bleed. My face and eyes bled, too. The guards had the inmates push my head into a pot of feces. They didn't let me drink water or use the toilet.

Torture illustration: Force-feeding

I was sentenced to three and a half years in prison in the summer of 2006, although the prosecutor did not provide any evidence at my trial. I was ordered to do slave labor in Yingkou Prison. I was transferred a month later to Anshan Prison, where I was tortured and subjected to brainwashing. I was released in April 2007.

In a Forced Labor Camp for the Third Time, Persecuted for Two Years

I was detained and brutally beaten for telling a policeman the facts about Falun Gong in March 2009. I was detained for 16 days and then sent to Weiningying Forced Labor Camp in Benxi City for two years.

I was arrested in February and again in April 2014, for telling people the facts of Falun Gong. The police took my money and never returned it.

Related Reports:

Practitioner Mr. Sun Yubin from Liaoning Province Persecuted and Tortured in Forced Labor Camps, Detention Centers, and Prisons

Mr. Sun Yubin Detained for Seven Years and Now Arrested Again