(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Sun Yubin is a Falun Gong practitioner in Yingkou City, Liaoning Province. On March 26, 2009, he was reported to the police for promoting Falun Gong and exposing the persecution. Consequently, he was arrested by police officers from the Bayuquan Patrol Police Team and sentenced to 15 days of detention. He has been detained at the Bayuquan Detention Center. On April 12, 2009, his family went to the detention center to request his release. Authorities at the detention center refused to release him saying the department handling his case refuses to release him.

Mr. Sun Yubin, 46, has been arrested and detained repeatedly since July 20, 1999, spending a total of seven years in confinement. He has been subjected to torture and brainwashing many times and has developed a mental disorder. His son has had to drop out of school to help make ends meet.

In September 1999, Mr. Sun was arrested at work by officers from the Haixing Police Station. He was sentenced to three years of forced labor and taken to the Yingkou City Forced Labor Camp, where he was persecuted to the point where he developed a mental disorder. He was released more than one year later. After he returned home, he could not recognize his family members. When he was arrested, his daughter was only a few months old and his son a young child. Mr. Sun's father took in the son, while Mr. Sun's wife, who was unemployed, raised their daughter alone.

After Mr. Sun recovered, he went to visit his father and son. At the railway station in Jiamusi City, he told people about the persecution. As a result, he was arrested by local police and then held in the Suihua City Forced Labor Camp for three years. During this period, he was brutally beaten many times.

In July 2004, Mr. Sun went to Xiaoshipeng Township in Gaizhou City to promote Falun Gong and expose the persecution. He was arrested and detained in the Gaizhou City Detention Center for nearly one year. After that, he was transfered to the Anshan City Prison, where he was detained for three and a half years. There he was tortured repeatedly. During this period, he became clinically depressed. This continued even after he was released.

On March 26, 2009, Mr. Sun was arrested again for promoting Falun Gong and has not been released. The authorities from the detention center, the police patrol, and the state security division have refused to take responsibility for processing his release. Meanwhile, his entire family is suffering greatly due to his absence and the uncertainty of his condition.