(Minghui.org) Prison guards sent 65-year-old Ms. Bai Gendi to the emergency room with a bleeding skull fracture on August 24, 2016. She was unconsciousness and vomiting. A chest x-ray showed a lung mass about 1.5 inches in diameter. 

The prison guards told her family that she fell out of a chair and hurt herself. However, her family suspects that Ms. Bai's injuries were caused by beatings in prison.

Ms. Bai is being held in an intensive care unit at Songjiang People's Hospital guarded by three police officers.

BEFORE:  Ms. Bai Gendi   AFTER: Taken to hospital by prison guards

Torture in Prison

Ms. Bai Gendi was serving a 6.5-year term at Shanghai Women's Prison for refusing to renounce her belief in Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline persecuted by the communist regime.

According to her family, Ms. Bai was put in solitary confinement after she was taken to the prison. To punish her for refusing to wear a jumpsuit, the prison guards confiscated all the winter clothes sent by her family and forced her to wear short sleeves and short pants in freezing cells without heat.

Since the end of last year, the ward at Shanghai Women's Prison dedicated to Falun Gong formed a special task force to try to force the practitioners to give up their belief.

Those who refused to “transform” were sent to isolated, soundproof rooms and forced to listen to high-volume propaganda attacking Falun Gong all day long. Three inmates were assigned to watch each practitioner. They would beat, kick, and pinch practitioners if they didn't follow their orders.

Imprisoned for 14 of the Past 17 Years

Since the Chinese Communist Party launched its violent campaign against Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Bai has been repeatedly arrested, imprisoned, and tortured for more than 14 years.

She was first given two years of forced labor in October 1999. Only three months after she was released, she was arrested again and sent to serve another three years of forced labor.

On May 23, 2006, shortly before the G6 Summit was held in Shanghai, she was arrested and sentenced to four and a half years in prison.

Less than two years after she was released from prison, she was arrested again before the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party on September 10, 2012. She was sentenced to six and a half years in prison by Xuhui District Court on May 3, 2015. Her appeal was rejected by a higher court on June 18, 2015.

Related article in Chinese

Related articles in English:Two Falun Gong Women in Their 60's Sentenced to Six Years in Prison at a Sham Trial in ShanghaiMs. Bai Gendi Released from Prison After Four and a Half Years of TortureShanghai Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Bai Gendi Persecuted