(Minghui.org) Mr. Zhang Jinku has been tortured nearly to death multiple times because he refuses to give up his faith in Falun Gong. He is now serving a five year prison sentence that he was given following his latest arrest in 2013. Prison authorities refuse to grant him medical parole or provide proper in-house treatment despite repeated requests.

His family reported that his condition has been deteriorating with each of their prison visits over the past two years. In particular, when they last saw him three months ago, he passed out in just a few minutes of the meeting.

His mother, wife, and daughter are renewing call for his immediate release. They also urge kindhearted people to call the prison to help rescue their loved one.

Mr. Zhang Warns Family of His Likely Torture-Related Death

Zhang was sentenced to five years the day after his arrest on July 17, 2013. Since then, he has been subjected to frequent torture and abuse at various detention facilities. Because he refuses to give up his belief, the prison where he is currently held initially denied his family visits.

When his family was finally allowed to see him for the first time on January 9, 2014, they were shocked to see his condition: his entire body was swollen, he was incoherent and slow to respond, and his speech was choppy and strained. He said only one sentence, “Someone in a white coat hit me...”

During the next ten family visits over the next two years, the one thing he kept telling his family was that "he was brutally beaten and wasn't allowed to sleep." He warned his family that one day he'd be tortured to death.

Mr. Zhang's Fainting Devastates Family

During the latest family visit on September 10, 2015, Mr. Zhang's mother was devastated to see that her son could no longer walk, had to be wheeled in through a cart and carried to a chair by two inmates, and could not support himself on the chair. He was emaciated, extremely pale, and his head was hanging down and leaning against the inmate who brought him in.

He did not have the strength to pick up or hold the phone. He could not lift his head, and his tongue was stiff. His horrified mother asked him, “Did anyone abuse you? Beat you? Please nod if it is yes.” He slowly nodded his head.

He passed out in less than ten minutes. His family asked anxiously, “What happened to him? What did he suffer? What really happened to his body?”

Family's Request for Medical Parole Denied Repeatedly

Mr. Zhang's family asked that he be released for medical treatment numerous times, but officials at Hulan Prison denied their request each time and continued the torture. They sent him to Hulan Prison Hospital several times when he was on the verge of death. The doctors there declared him in critical condition and said that his heart, lungs, kidneys, and central nervous system were all failing.

Despite Mr. Zhang's condition, the torture continued at the hospital, where death-row inmates and other felons were sent in to beat him.

Amid this ordeal, Zhang's mother fell ill. His wife is near a nervous breakdown and has lost a lot of weight. His distressed daughter said, “Please help me! I don't want to lose my dad!”

The three women call for kindhearted people to help seek release of their loved one.

Chief Perpetrators at Hulan Prison:

Fan Yuxiang (Director): 86-451-57307301, 86-451-18004663111Liu Wei (Deputy director): 86-451-57307562, 86-451-13766941100Nan Sheng (Deputy director): 86-451-57307198, 86-451-13960088181

Related reports:Mr. Zhang Jinku Tortured While Imprisoned—Can No Longer SpeakMother Distraught as Son Is Seriously Ill from Torture (Photo)Zhang Jinku's Life in Danger, Family Calls for Urgent Help