(Minghui.org) More than 300 Falun Gong practitioners from Sanhe City, Hebei Province have filed criminal complaints against Jiang Zemin between May 27 and December 7, 2015, according to reports compiled by the Minghui website.

The practitioners charge the former Chinese dictator with initiating the brutal suppression of Falun Gong and hold him responsible for the tremendous suffering inflicted upon them by his campaign. The criminal complaints were mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate.

Many of these practitioners recounted how Falun Gong returned them to health and gave them a new outlook on life. Their dream to live a healthier and happier life, however, was shattered when Jiang Zemin launched a nationwide campaign to eradicate the practice in 1999.

Simply for refusing to give up their belief, these law-abiding citizens were arrested, detained, tortured, and had their homes ransacked and personal belongings seized by the communist authorities. Below, we profile the stories of a few of these practitioners:

Ms. Jia Xueyun, 53, Remains Incapacitated after 15 Years

Once a healthy woman with a big smile, Ms. Jia Xueyun was rendered disabled after three months of torture and abuse at Kaiping Labor Camp in 2000. The guards there beat her on a regular basis, and often stuffed her mouth with soiled sanitary pads.

Her family could hardly recognize Ms. Jia when she was released 15 years ago. She couldn't move or talk. She also had needle marks all over her arms. Her family suspected that she might have been injected with unknown drugs.

Today, 15 years later, Ms. Jia remains mentally challenged. Her short-term memory is gone. While she can manage to stand up on her own for a few seconds and walk several steps with support, she relies on others for all her daily needs.

Her two sons were only teenagers when she became disabled. They couldn't understand how their mother was reduced to an invalid simply for practicing Falun Gong. Her husband had to work extra hard to take care of her and their children.

Ms. Jia's parents were so traumatized by her deterioration that they both developed symptoms of stroke shortly after her release. Both have since passed away.

Husband and Wife Sue Jiang Zemin for Repeated Arrests

Mr. Lu Chunyang, 53, was an office director for the Sanhe City Export Company. His wife, Ms. Li Yonglian, once taught at the Fourth Elementary School in Sanhe City. Both lost their jobs within just a few years of the persecution of Falun Gong.

Both husband and wife were also repeatedly arrested. In particular, Ms. Li was arrested five times and once spent three years in a forced labor camp. They were also forced to pay a total of 19,985 yuan in “fines” for their refusal to give up their belief in Falun Gong.

Mr. Lu wrote in his complaint, “Not only my wife and I suffered tremendously, my parents and daughter were also traumatized. My father's health deteriorated quickly and he passed in 2009 after several hospitalizations. My mother developed dementia after our repeated arrests and now requires around-the-clock care. My daughter, a middle-schooler when the persecution started, was bullied and struggled to focus on her studies.”

Retired Government Official Holds Jiang Responsible for His Arrests

Mr. Lu Baofa, 73, was the security section chief for the Sanhe City Commerce Bureau.

He recalled in his complaint how he kicked his 40-year habit of smoking and drinking just nine days after he started practicing Falun Gong.

Mr. Lu, however, was arrested on July 20, 1999, the very day Jiang launched the persecution of Falun Gong. The local police kept him in custody for 6 days before moving him back to his workplace, where he was detained for more than 40 days.

Mr. Lu was completely cut off from the outside world while under “house arrest” at his workplace. He was forced to watch videos slandering Falun Gong day in and day out. Despite the pressure, he refused to give up Falun Gong.

Farmer Tortured and Forced to Do Hard Labor

Mr. Pan Zhenfang, a farmer from Xinji Town, was arrested a total of 12 times over the course of the persecution.

In 2000 alone, he was taken into custody four times and forced to pay a fine of 3,000 yuan. His wife Zhang Chunhua was sent to a labor camp in late April that year.

Mr. Pan was brutally tortured after he was taken to a forced labor camp in early 2001. For 15 days straight, he was cuffed to a metal ring anchored to the floor, unable to sit or stand. The guards used 4 electric batons simultaneously to shock him. He passed out, only to be woken up for further electric shock. One person later burned the soles of Mr. Pan's feet with a cigarette butt.

He was later moved to a factory to do hard labor. The job involved using toxic materials, yet he and other Falun Gong practitioners were not given any protective gear. Moreover, they were required to finish their tasks within a short period of time. Anyone who failed to meet the deadline was brutally beaten.

The factory was later shut down after repeated complaints from locals for the toxic fumes. Mr. Pan was then transferred to another factory for more hard labor.

When he was finally released, Mr. Pan learned that his father had passed away shortly after his arrest in 2001. The local police constantly harassed his family during his entire labor camp detention.

Wedding Photographer Stripped and Exposed to the Elements

Meng Zhaomin, a 43-year-old wedding photographer, credits Falun Gong for curing his Hepatitis B, yet he was arrested repeatedly for practicing Falun Gong.

He recalled one particular arrest episode in his criminal complaint, “I was talking to Pan Zhenfang [the above mentioned farmer-practitioner] and another practitioner in my studio when city Party Secretary Yang Shaolin broke in and ordered the three of us arrested. We were taken to the police station, where Mr. Pan and I were stripped down to our underwear and cuffed to a concrete pole in the courtyard. It was a blustery day with snow on the ground, but Yang and the police refused to give us back our clothes, despite repeated pleas from onlookers.

When we were finally freed from the pole, our bodies were numb. We couldn't lift our arms or walk properly.”

Ten officers broke into Mr. Meng's studio again on June 4, 2004 and ransacked his business and upstairs residence. He was held at a brainwashing center for 45 days, during which time his wife was never told of his whereabouts and searched for him everywhere.

On February 5, 2009, Mr. Meng and his wife were arrested again. Domestic Security Office Head Shi Liandong slapped his face hard and knocked him down repeatedly. Shi even threatened to throw Mr. Meng out of a fourth-floor window. During the next four months, Mr. Meng was kept in a small room inside a brainwashing center.

Brothers and Their Wives Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Arrest

Zhang Jun and his younger brother Zhang Yong and their wives all practice Falun Gong. The two couples were repeatedly arrested and at one time they had to live away home to avoid further arrests, leaving their elderly parents and young children to fend for themselves.

Zhang Yong wrote his complaint, “On March 3, 2000, we went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but were arrested the very same day. My wife, Chen Fengqin, and I, as well as my brother Zhang Jun and his wife Li Fengqin, were interrogated separately. I was beaten for more than one hour.”

The brothers' father paid 4,000 yuan to get his sons and daughters-in-law released. The police have yet to return 2,500 yuan of the bail money to the family.

In August 2001, the two brothers and their wives left home to avoid further arrest. The police launched a manhunt for them and sent agents to keep tabs on their families. The police often barged into their houses without warning, terrifying their parents and children.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners over the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law now allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.

Related reports:

The Tragedy of Ms. Jia Xueyun of Sanhe City, Hebei ProvinceJia Xueyun Risks Her Life to Protect Dafa with 100 Day Hunger StrikePolice in Sanhe, Hebei Province Arrest Mr. Meng Zhaomin and Create Hardship for His Family