(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Liu Mi and his wife Ms. Ma Guizhen lived in Panzhuang Town of Lulong County, Qinhuangdao City. The couple were illegally arrested on March 16, 2014, for distributing Falun Gong flyers. Mr. Liu was physically assaulted and is still detained. His wife was forced to leave home to avoid further harassment.

Beaten and Detained

On March 16, when Mr. Liu, his wife and another practitioner, Ms. Huang Cuijin were handing out Falun Gong flyers, the police stopped Ms. Huang and grabbed her bicycle. Mr. Liu and his wife were able to escape, but their electric bike was seized by the police.

The next morning, March 17, at 9:30 a.m., seventeen officers forced their way into Mr. Liu’s home, and seven of them began to assault him. After they tied his arms behind his back, an officer knelt on Mr. Liu’s head and repeatedly struck him on the head. They also pushed his face into a clay bed repeatedly for 30 minutes, causing bloody cuts on his face.

During the torture, Mr. Liu kept shouting “Falun Dafa is great!” The crazed officers tried to stop him by violently hitting him. The brutality left Mr. Liu badly injured and he could not walk without help. Two officers had to take him to the hospital for an examination. The police used rags to cover his mouth so he could not say anything. Later he was sent back to the detention center, handcuffed and shackled.

Home Ransacked

While Mr. Liu was being sent to detention, the police ransacked his home. They confiscated his Falun Gong books, some printing materials, and two tape recorders. They also found a petition form protesting the Chinese Communist Party's live organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners, more than ten signatures.

Mr. Liu’s wife, Ms. Ma Guizhen, was also taken to the detention center. While no one was home, the police broke a storage room window, and took a portrait of Master Li, the founder of Falun Gong. They also raided the home of the couple’s son and daughter in law, which shares the same courtyard.

The Panzhuang Police and Justice Department did not show any ID or paperwork when they raided the family home.

Wife Homeless

Ms. Ma Guizhen was released after being detained for ten days. Before she went home, she went back to the detention center to ask for her husband’s release. While she was detained, Ms. Ma heard that her husband would be sentenced in a secret trial. The detention center told her to go to the police station, but when she went there, an officer told her that her husband had committed a crime. Ms. Ma told the police: “We are law-abiding citizens, and we are saving people from destruction.” The officer threatened to send her back to detention if she continue to talk.

Practitioner Ms. Huang Cuijin was arrested on March 16. After spending ten days in Lulong Detention Center, she was released.

Currently Ms. Ma Guizhen cannot return home for fear of police harassment.

Repeatedly Persecuted

As early as 2002, Mr. Liu Mi was arrested and detained in the Lulong Detention Center for more than 30 days. His family had to pay 4,000 yuan to have him released. He was detained twice in July and August 2012, respectively. The second arrest was coordinated by several agencies, including the Lulong Domestic Security Police, the Liuying Police Station, the Panzhuang Police Station and Justice Department. The police took 2,000 yuan in cash from his pocket. After being tortured and forced to do hard labor for 11 months in Hebei Number One Labor Camp, Mr. Liu was released on July 28, 2013.

Parties involved in the persecution: Guo Xiaojun (郭晓军), Lulong County Police head: +86-335-7012639 (Office), +86-13933535666, +86-335-7012449 (Complaints Hotline) Wang Xuegang (王学刚), head of Panzhuang Police Station +86-335-7038248, +86-13933955158 Please refer to the original Chinese article for more people and agencies involved in the persecution.