(Minghui.org) Many officials in China joined in the systematic persecution of Falun Gong by the Communist Party and committed bad deeds. There is an ancient Chinese saying, “Good is rewarded with good, and evil meets evil.” The miserable consequences these officers experienced seem to imply a cause-effect relationship. Below are some examples.

Mudanjiang Prison Warden Fu Runde Severely Ill

When Fu Runde was vice warden of Mudanjiang Prison between 2008 and 2011, he issued many rules to torture practitioners. For example, he and the prison Communist Party office gave an order in October 2009, requiring that all detained practitioners be transformed; otherwise, the prison senior management team would all be removed from their posts. Under this pressure, officers and guards started to torture practitioners more harshly, forcing them to give up their belief. The torture included sleep deprivation and repeated electric baton shocking. Guards also removed practitioners' clothes, and either poured cold water continuously over them or beat them with whips. Amid the humiliation and torture, many practitioners were forced to write statements of giving up their belief.

Torture demo: pouring cold water Beating with whips

Fu's bad deeds did not lead to his receiving any promotion or awards. Instead, he was demoted in May 2011 after someone was murdered in the prison. Later, he became severely ill, was hospitalized, and had to rely on medicine to survive.

Mudanjiang Prison Manager Li Xianlong Died

As a manager in Division 5 of Mudanjiang Prison, Li Xianlong actively mistreated practitioners. For example, in December 2004, he put Mr. Sun Dianshan in solitary confinement for 15 days. After finding a note written by Mr. Zhang Donghui that announced his innocence, Li put him in solitary confinement for 15 days, even though he was scheduled to be released 16 days later. To extort money from Mr. Kang Yuncheng, Li put him in solitary confinement three times between 2005 and 2008, which caused his high blood pressure to become even worse. Although Mr. Zhang was sent to a hospital because of a cerebral hemorrhage in November 2008, he was in a vegetative state after the surgery, and died in spring 2012.

Li was diagnosed with late-stage liver cancer in spring 2011 and died in pain two months later. While Li was ill and dying, someone stabbed his only son 7 or 8 times, and the culprit was never found.

Harbin Judge Yuan Quansheng Died

Yuan Quansheng was a former judge at Nan'gang District in Harbin City. In 2001 he illegally sentenced six Falun Gong practitioners to prison: Two to 15 years, three to 12 years, and one to six years.

Yuan suddenly had a stomachache one day in June 2002. He was diagnosed with liver cancer, and later bone cancer. He was in constant pain and suffered greatly. He died that September.

Harbin Prison Inmate Xiao Zuomin Died

Convicted of murder, Xiao Zuomin was an inmate in Division 1 of Harbin Prison. As an inmate leader, he extorted money from practitioners numerous times between 2002 and 2003. After practitioners refused to pay him, he framed them and secretly manipulated their files to extend their detention terms.

Similar to other people who mistreated innocent practitioners, Xiao's bad deeds did not win him any benefits. Because one inmate he monitored escaped in 2004, he was punished and his title as inmate leader was taken away. In 2008 he was put in solitary confinement for disobeying prison rules. Soon after he was diagnosed with late-stage cancer and died in pain five days after being released from prison.