(Minghui.org) Mr. Li Wei was arrested at his home by officers from the local domestic security division and police from Changchun City Economic Development Zone on June 2, 2013. They ransacked his home and detained him in Changchun No. 3 Detention Center for more than two months. This was the fourth time he was arrested.

Mr. Li from Changchun in Jilin Province has run a computer shop for several years. Officers from the Changchun Political and Legal Affairs Committee (PLAC), 610 Office and police accused him of selling mobile phones, printers and computers, which could provide the opportunity for Falun Gong practitioners to produce truth-clarification materials. From this they concluded that he had broken “their law.”

Mr. Li's case was not accepted by the Procuratorate of Changchun Economic Development Zone. However, officials from the PLAC and 610 Office didn't want to release him, so they falsified evidence in order to send him to prison.

Mr. Li, 45, grew up with poor health. In 1994 he was diagnosed with Hepatitis B, and had to stay in the hospital for a long time. In 1997, he started practicing Falun Gong. After that, his health improved and the Hepatitis B virus disappeared without the use of medical treatment.

After the Chinese Communist Party started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Li was fired by his work unit. He has been detained and imprisoned several times.

Accounts of persecution

On March 14, 2002, Mr. Li was arrested by the Chaoyang police. He was then held in Chaoyanggou Labor Camp for two years, where he was severely beaten. He was beaten so severely in 2002, that his face become deformed. In early 2003, he was brutally tortured and his health seriously deteriorated.

Mr. Li was arrested at home by officers from Ziyoudalu Police Station on December 8, 2006, and he was nearly tortured to death.

On January 13, 2007, police officer Wang Yugang told Mr. Li's family to bail him out. Wang forced Mr. Li's family to pay 5,000 yuan. After Mr. Li returned home, the police repeatedly came to harass him. Later, he had to leave home to avoid further persecution and to allow his health to recover.

Mr. Li was arrested at his home by police at around 8 p.m. on February 27, 2008. He was held in Changchun No. 2 Detention Center, where he went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. He was arrested again on June 2, 2013, and was taken to Changchun No. 3 Detention Center.

Responsible parties' contact information: Zhang Guochen (张国臣), head of Changchun Economic Development Zone Police Department: +86-431-84651533 (office), +86-431-87211111 (home), +86-13364600001 (cell) Li Yongli (李永利), head of the local domestic security division: +86-431-84643942