Name: Wang Yin (王茵)
Gender: Female
Age: 42
Address: Chainan Residential Quarter, Building No. 3, Jilin
Occupation: Jilin Radiation Chemistry Industrial Company staff person

Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 24, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Brainwashing center located in the seniors' home of the No.4 Production Team, Xiaoguang Village, Shahezi Township, Jilin City (吉林市沙河子晓光四队养老院洗脑班 )
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, forced labor, shocked with electric batons, death bed torture, force-feeding, home ransacked, extortion

( Ms.Wang Yin was illegally arrested on August 24, 2011, by 610 Office agents from the Chuangying Police Department in the Jilin Chuanying District, Huangqi Police Station, and Huangqi Residential Committee. She is being held in the brainwashing center located at the seniors' home of the No.4 Production Team, Xiaoguang Village, Shahezi Township, Jilin City. She has been on hunger strike for the last five days and is now in critical condition.

Wang Yin
Wang Yin with her son

Ms. Wang has refused to give up Falun Gong and, as a result, has been arrested six times in the last 12 years. She was tortured many times while in detention. When she went on a hunger strike, she was force-fed with high-concentration saltwater. Once, the force-feeding tube was pushed into her lung, causing her to lose consciousness. Even though she was in such critical condition, the guards still shackled her hands and feet to her bed.

Arrested Again and Sent to Shahezi Brainwashing Center

On August 24, 2011, several cars arrived at Ms. Wang's home, including two police vehicles and also private cars with plainclothes police. They knocked on her door, but she refused to open it; instead, she opened the window and began to clarify the facts to them. The police broke down the door and arrested her.

Her parents found out what was happening and took a cab to Ms. Wang's home. Several relatives also came, and they condemned the officers' criminal behavior. The police then took her husband and aunt to the brainwashing center to show them how “good” the conditions were. Three of her family members remained at the home—her parents and brother-in-law. Officers carried Ms. Wang away while her mother was in the bathroom. They also confiscated her desktop computer.

Ms. Wang was taken to the Shahezi Brainwashing Center. She began a hunger strike, and her family is extremely concerned for her well-being. Her elderly parents and relatives spent the entire day in the hot sun at the center where she was being abused to demand her release. Her parents are so stressed that they're unable to eat or sleep.

Please see the end of the article for contact information on those involved in Ms. Wang's most recent arrest.

Accounts of Previous Harassment and Abuse by the Authorities

1. Tortured into Critical Condition in Forced Labor Camp

Wang Yin was born in 1969 and worked for the Radiation Chemistry Industrial Company. She began practicing Falun Gong in 1997 and benefited enormously, both in mind and body. When the persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, she appealed for the right to practice by doing the Falun Gong exercises in front of the Jilin Government building and was subsequently arrested and held for five days. On January 28, 2001, she went to Tiananmen Square to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested by Tiananmen Police Station officers, then held in the Huairou Detention Center. She was forced to stand on snow-covered ground in her bare feet. She was later transferred to the Jilin No. 3 Detention Center.

On March 1, 2001, she was arrested by director Fang Yi from the Jilin Police Department Chuanying Branch. She was then taken to the Yinmahe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City. On March 27, 2001, the six detention center guards joined together to torture her. Guard Wang Xiuyan shocked Ms. Wang on the back of her hands and arms and repeatedly kicked her on the floor. Later, guards Qu Wenfang and Jin Yingai shocked her at the same time on her face and neck. In order to inflict the maximum pain, they touched her face and neck with the side of the baton and kept turning it. Ms. Wang shook uncontrollably due to the high voltage. Guard Jin Yingai screamed when she saw that Ms. Wang refused to make a sound and ordered, “Take off her underwear and shock her private parts!” The guards forced other Falun Dafa practitioners to watch the torture in order to terrify them. Ms. Wang was shocked continuously for two hours by guards using three electric batons. Her neck was swollen to the size of her face and turned purplish black.

Torture re-enactment: Shocked with electric batons

On September 11, 2001, Ms. Wang was transferred to Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp. She refused to cooperate with the officials and wouldn't wear the prison uniform. Her limbs were tied to each corner of a bed. She began a hunger strike to protest, so she was force-fed daily with high concentration saltwater. On the fourth day, the tube was pushed into her lung, causing her to lose consciousness. She was taken to Jilin Police Hospital for emergency treatment. Even in this critical condition, she was tied to the bed. The hospital was afraid to take responsibility for her physical condition and notified her family to take her home.


Torture re-enactment: Tied to a bed

On December 30, 2002, Ms. Wang was arrested at work by officials from the Gaoxin District 610 Office and Gaoxin Police Station and was then taken to a brainwashing center. She began a hunger strike and later escaped from the brainwashing center, becoming destitute and homeless.

2. Police Break Into Ms. Wang's Home Twice Attempting to Arrest Her

On July 15, 2005, Jilin State Security Bureau police attempted to arrest Ms. Wang at her workplace. Ms. Wang had just returned from a business trip. They ordered the management to deceive her into coming in to discuss work-related issues. Ms. Wang sensed that something wasn't right and didn't go. The police reacted by arresting manager Zhang Liping for leaking information to her.

That afternoon at approximately 3:00 p.m., officers and others from her workplace surrounded Ms. Wang's home. The police were fearful that her neighbors would know their intent, so they attempted to deceive her by announcing, “Please open the door, we just want to talk to you.” She refused to open the door. The police ordered her supervisor, Wang Yujiang, to make her open her door, but she refused again. The officers dispatched another police car to the scene, and officer Zhu from Xiangyang Police Station threatened to break into the house. Ms. Wang opened the balcony window and began to clarify the facts to the neighbors outside, policemen, and bystanders, explaining that she just practiced Falun Gong to be a better and healthier person and that there were over 20 officers there today just to arrest her. The police were fearful that more of their criminal acts would be exposed, so they didn't dare to break in. Two hours later, Ms. Wang left.

Ms. Wang's work manager was blamed that day, and officials forced her to call Ms. Wang back to work. The manager warned her, “The police are looking for you.” Because she warned Ms. Wang, they took the manager away and didn't release her until late that night.

On the afternoon of July 17, the police deceived Ms. Wang's mother into opening her door by pretending to be there to collect a water utility fee. Her mother was home alone, and they ransacked the house, confiscating Falun Gong truth-clarification materials, a savings account belonging to her workplace, her personal saving and checking books, two cell phones, and other items.

On the afternoon of December 13, 2005, Ms. Wang and three other practitioners were at Jilin Changyi District Shengji Factory Dormitory Building 1, in the 2nd unit of the 7th floor, when they were surrounded by police. The officers broke into the home at 7:00 p.m. and arrested them. They were transferred to Changchun Police Department 4th Subdivision on December 19, 2005.

When Ms. Wang's family learned of her arrest, they went to the police station immediately to demand her release. The police officials stated, “This is beyond our district's responsibility. The Jilin State Security Bureau is handling this.” Her family went to the bureau, located at 59 Songjiangdong Road, that night and requested Ms. Wang's release. The guard said that she wasn't at the facility. Her family insisted on seeing her, so the guard called inside. Her family overheard the guard say, “Her family was asking for her, what should we do?” After the call, the guard still insisted that Ms. Wang wasn't in their facility. Ms. Wang's family, including her 72-year-old mother, stood in the snow for a long time but eventually left.

Early the next morning on December 14, 2005, and before the police came to work, 11 members of her family went together and asked to see her. The guard said that there was no one in the office. Her family insisted on seeing director Zhang from the bureau, but director Qian from the security department came out. Her family demanded her release. Qian stated that they didn't torture people, but her family didn't believe him. Qian stated, “You don't need to worry, we didn't sleep at all last night. She is the toughest prisoner; we couldn't even handcuff her.”

During the conversation, someone called Qian and asked to use electric batons on Ms. Wang. Qian replied, “I have three, but two are broken, I need to keep the last one.” Ms. Wang's mother asked, “They want to use an electric baton to shock my daughter?” Qian immediately denied this and said, “No, they wanted to borrow a flashlight.” Her mother asked, “Borrow a flashlight during the day?!” Qian kept telling them to leave. He stated, “You won't see her today, she isn't in this building; I can't tell you where she is—otherwise I'd be fired.” He wanted them to leave a phone number so he could notify them of any changes. The family felt that they couldn't leave without a definite answer, so they went to eat nearby. Her mother was so anxious and worried about her daughter's safety that she couldn't stop crying.

The family waited the entire day, until late that night. The officials refused to respond to the family's inquiry and kept calling the front gate guard, asking whether or not her family had left. In order to remove them, the officials ordered several officers from Dongjuzi Police Station to threaten the family.

On the morning of December 16, 2005, six members of her family again went to demand her release. As soon as they arrived, the guard opened the window and stated, “Our director issued orders that you can't come in today.” The family stood on the snow-covered ground for over an hour and insisted on seeing the director. After the guards called in twice, director Li came out. The family asked director Li, “Why did you arrest Wang Yin?” Li replied, “She must have committed a crime.” Her family asked, “What kind of crime did she commit by practicing Falun Gong? You arrest innocent citizens—you are committing a crime.” Li had no response. The family asked, “Why did you send officers from Dongjuzi Police Station to threaten our family?” Li admitted that what they did the day before had been inappropriate.

Her family also requested that they return the property confiscated on July 17, 2005, and insisted again that they release Ms. Wang. Ms. Wang was finally released after a month.

Related articles: