Additional Persecution News from China – June 15, 2011 (15 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 14 cities or counties in seven provinces. As per this report, nine practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least ten practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Mo Meirong Taken to the Yutian County Detention Center
- [Daqing, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Ms. Song Guoqin and Other Practitioners
- [Beijing] Ms. Wu Fangqing Held in Changping Detention Center in Dongcheng District
- [Li County, Hunan Province] Mr. Tan Huidong Arrested
- [Tangshan, Hebei Province] Ms. Cheng Dongxiang Being Held in the Fengrun District Detention Center
- [Gansu Province] Engineer Mr. Li Fuzhi Arrested
- [Taoyuan County, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Dongxian Taken into Custody--Ms. Duan Peiqing Lives Away from Home to Avoid Persecution
- [Ruichang, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Liang Zhong Subjected to One Year of Forced Labor
- [Foshan, Guangdong Province] 610 Office Agents Arrested Ms. Tan Meiguang Around June 3, 2011 and Held Her in the Zhaoda Detention Center in Nanhai
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Han Yu Arrested
- [Xin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhao Jicang Arrested
- [Fuyuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Domestic Security Division Officers Arrest Mr. Lu Dawei
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Shanru and His Wife Arrested at Home
- [Shenmu County, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Hu Zhonghou Arrested
- [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Additional Information Regarding the Persecution of Mr. Song Zhiyu and Other Practitioners
1. [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Mo Meirong Taken to the Yutian County Detention Center
Mo Meirong, a resident in Dongdanzhuang, Chaoluowo Township, was arrested at noon on June 8, 2011, by officers from the Chaoluowo Township Police Station. Her home was ransacked. She was taken to the Chaoluowo Township Police Station and later transferred to the Yutian County Detention Center. The police extorted 1,000 yuan from her family.
2. [Daqing, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Ms. Song Guoqin and Other Practitioners
Ms. Song Guoqin, Ms. Pan Xueqin, and Ms. Pang Shufen, from Daqing City, were arrested on the evening of May 12, 2011. Officers from the Lamadian Police Department made the arrest and ransacked their homes. Ms. Song and Ms. Pan were held in the Daqing No. 1 Detention Center for 28 days before Ms. Song was given an eighteen-month forced labor term. Ms. Pan was given a fifteen-month forced labor term. The two practitioners were sent to a labor camp at 10:00 a.m. on June 9, but camp officials refused to accept them because a physical examination disqualified each of them. Both were released on bail and have returned home.
Ms. Pang was sent to the Daqing No. 1 Detention Center but released on medical parole after a physical examination disqualified her.
3. [Beijing] Ms. Wu Fangqing Held in Changping Detention Center in Dongcheng District
Ms. Wu Fangqing from Beijing was arrested around June 1, 2011, as she was distributing information about Falun Gong near the Yongdingmen Railway Station. Officers from Yongdingmen Police Station made the arrest and took her to the Xiluoyuan Police Station. The police also ransacked her home. Xiluoyuan Police Station head Yang Xiuqi sent Ms. Wu to the Changping Detention Center in the Dongcheng District. She hasn't been released.
4. [Li County, Hunan Province] Mr. Tan Huidong Arrested
Elderly practitioner Mr. Tan Huidong from Li County, Changde City was arrested on the afternoon of June 13, 2011, as he distributed information about Falun Gong in a town. His home was ransacked.
5. [Tangshan, Hebei Province] Ms. Cheng Dongxiang Being Held in the Fengrun District Detention Center
Ms. Cheng Dongxiang lives in Lujiawa Village, Shaliuhe Town, the Fengrun District. Tangshan City Police Department officers arrested and took her to the Shaliuhe Town Police Station the afternoon of June 9 and ransacked her home. Ms. Cheng is currently being held in the Fengrun District Detention Center.
6. [Gansu Province] Engineer Mr. Li Fuzhi Arrested
Mr. Li Fuzhi, an engineer at the Xinghuo Machine Tool Factory in Tianshui, was arrested on June 2 as he was being issued his temporary identification card. Officer Feng Jitang from the Maiji District Domestic Security Division made the arrest. Mr. Li is currently in the Gangu County Detention Center.
Liu Runtai, Gangu County Police Department head:
Zhang Zhongming, deputy head: 86-938-5605606
7. [Taoyuan County, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Dongxian Taken into Custody--Ms. Duan Peiqing Lives Away from Home to Avoid Persecution
Taoyuan County Court officials tried Ms. Liu Dongxian on June 9, 2011, but didn't pronounce sentencing at the end of the trial. Ms. Liu is still held in the Qianniushan Prison.
Ms. Duan Peiqing, who is in her seventies, has been frequently harassed recently. She decided to live away from home to avoid the persecution.
8. [Ruichang, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Liang Zhong Subjected to One Year of Forced Labor
Officers from the Ruichang City Police Department arrested and detained Ms. Zhu Xiaomei and Ms. Liu Juzhen from Matou Town on May 31, 2011. The police extorted 10,000 yuan from each family before releasing them on June 5. The two practitioners are still under surveillance.
Ruichang City Police Department officers arrested and detained Mr. Liang Zhong from Wuliqiao on June 3, 2011. Mr. Liang's family refused to pay extortion money. The police then sent Mr. Liang to the Majialong Forced Labor Camp in Jiujiang City to serve a one-year term.
9. [Foshan, Guangdong Province] 610 Office Agents Arrested Ms. Tan Meiguang Around June 3, 2011 and Held Her in the Zhaoda Detention Center in Nanhai
10. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Han Yu Arrested
Mr. Han Yu lives in Huajia Village, Liujianfang Township, Liaozhong County. Liaozhong County Domestic Security Division head Li Wei, accompanied by more than ten officers, arrested him at home on the evening of June 13. Mr. Han's family was asleep at the time, but the police dragged Mr. Han out of his bed, handcuffed him, and arrested him. The police didn't allow him to put on his clothes or shoes.
Mr. Han was taken to the Liaozhong County Police Department. His family learned the next morning that Mr. Han had been taken to the Liaozhong County Detention Center. His family is not allowed to visit him.
11. [Xin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhao Jicang Arrested
Mr. Zhao Jicang lives in Houchengwang Village, Wangzhuangji Township. He returned home from working part-time out of town and prepared to harvest his wheat crop. Village Party head Zhao Wenchen reported him to the police. He was subsequently arrested and held in the Xin County Detention Center.
Zhao Wenchen, Houchengwang Village Party head: 86-13869507771
12. [Fuyuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Domestic Security Division Officers Arrest Mr. Lu Dawei
Mr. Lu Dawei teaches at the Xiangyang Township School. Fuyuan County 610 Office agents along with Domestic Security Division officers arrested him in early June 2011. Mr. Lu is currently being held in the Fuyuan County Detention Center.
Zhang Xidong, head of police department's Domestic Security
Section: 86-454-2135110-5972, 86-454-2131008
Wang Guanghua, police department head: 86-454-2132538, 86-454-2131109, 86-13945400687
Cao Yinlong, deputy head of Political and Judiciary Committee: 86-454-2132850, 86-454-2134960, 186-13836670963
13. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Shanru and His Wife Arrested at Home
14. [Shenmu County, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Hu Zhonghou Arrested
Mr. Hu Zhonghou was arrested on May 13, 2011, in Lin County, Shanxi Province. He is currently being held in the Lin County Detention Center.
Mr. Hu, who is approximately 50 years old, is originally from Shenmu Town, Shenmu County, Shaanxi Province. He has been subjected to two forced labor terms in the Zaozihe Forced Labor Camp in Shaanxi Province since 2001.
Lin County Police Department in Shanxi Province: 86-358-4580148, 86-358-4581817, 86-358-4581818, 86-358-4582802
15. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Additional Information Regarding the Persecution of Mr. Song Zhiyu and Other Practitioners
Mr. Song Zhiyu from Qinhuangdao City was illegally detained for two years. Three months following his release, in December 2010, he was arrested again, when he was traveling to Beijing on business and had checked into a hotel. He was later taken to Hailar, Inner Mongolia, where he was tried on April 14 and in mid-May 2011.
Mr. Song's wife Ms. Zhang Hong hired a lawyer for her husband and went to Hailar with family members and friends on April 13. They were arrested by Hailar Domestic Security Division officers, and are currently being held in the Hailar Detention Center. Mr. Liu Fusheng, a friend of the couple, was given a two-year forced labor term. The police ordered thugs to beat the lawyer.
Hailar Forced Labor Camp: 86-470-8273768
Qi Yizhong, Hailar District 610 Office head: 86-470-8290610, 86-13947014966