Additional Persecution News from China – October 8, 2011 (10 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in ten cities or counties in seven provinces. In this report, three practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least ten practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Sun Wenqing Tortured in Benxi Forced Labor Camp
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Guifang Arrested on October 5, 2011
- [Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] Ms. Zhao Lingqin Detained
- [Ji'nan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Ni Jun's Whereabouts Unknown
- [Yi'nan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yanmei Abused in Brainwashing Facility
- [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Ren Yubing Detained
- [Shenmu County, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Zhao Wenbiao Detained
- [Fuyang City, Anhui Province] Ms. Zhang Suyun Taken Away from Home
- [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Whereabouts of Ms. Ni You'ai Unknown
- [Chongqing] Mr. Su Junru's Home Ransacked
1. [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Sun Wenqing Tortured in Benxi Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Sun Wenqing, 58, is an employee of Yingkou Cigarette Factory. He was arrested while speaking with people about Falun Gong in August 2010. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor in Benxi Forced Labor Camp. He tried to escape while shoveling the snow on February 10, 2011. He was later locked in a small cell and was given one year of additional jail term.
On March 28, 2011, Mr. Sun was bound to a “stretching bed” for 14 days. He had sprain injuries in his wrists and ankles and black bruises as a result of the stretching. The camp authorities also deprived him of family visits for four months.
2. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Guifang Arrested on October 5, 2011
3. [Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] Ms. Zhao Lingqin Detained
Ms. Zhao Lingqin, from Bo'ai County, Jiaozuo City, was arrested while speaking with people about Falun Gong at the end of September 2011. She is being held at the Wen County Detention Center.
4. [Ji'nan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Ni Jun's Whereabouts Unknown
Mr. Ni Jun was arrested while explaining the facts of Falun Gong on the campus of Shandong University in 2007. He was incarcerated in Shandong Province Men's Prison for four years.
At the beginning of 2011, he was arrested again by plainclothes officers while handing out Falun Gong informational DVDs at the train station. The officers pulled his hair, twisted his arms behind his back and took him away. Mr. Ni's current whereabouts are unknown.
5. [Yi'nan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yanmei Abused in Brainwashing Facility
Ms. Liu Yanmei lives in Daluzhougou Village, Puwang Town, Yi'nan County. She was held in a brainwashing facility established by Yi'nan County 610 Office. As a result of the persecution, she was unable to think clearly, walk or take care of herself. She was recently released.
6. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Ren Yubing Detained
Ms. Ren Yubing, about 40, from Baqiao District, was arrested while posting Falun Gong informational stickers on September 14, 2011. She is being held at the Baqiao District Detention Center.
7. [Shenmu County, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Zhao Wenbiao Detained
On September 21, 2011, about five officers from the Domestic Security Division of Shenmu County Police Department broke into Mr. Zhao Wenbiao's home and took him away. Mr. Zhao is being held at the Huashan Detention Center in Shenmu County.
Shenmu County Police Department: +86-912-8399093
8. [Fuyang City, Anhui Province] Ms. Zhang Suyun Taken Away from Home
On September 29, 2011, Ms. Zhang Suyun, 69, was taken into custody at her home by officers from Jiefang Road Police Station and Yingzhou District Police Sub-Bureau. Mr. Zhang was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2003.
Jiefang Road Police Station: +86-558-2250669
Su Ming, director of Yingzhou District Police Sub-Bureau: +86-558-2183636
Zhang Xiaolan, instructor of the Domestic Security Division of Yingzhou District Police Sub-Bureau: +86-13705583606 (Cell)
9. [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Whereabouts of Ms. Ni You'ai Unknown
On September 28, 2011, Ms. Ni You'ai was deceived into going to the police station and was arrested. Her current whereabouts are unknown.
10. [Chongqing] Mr. Su Junru's Home Ransacked
On September 30, 2011, about six officers from the Domestic Security Division broke into Ms. Su Junru's home in the Yongchuan District and ransacked it. Mr. Su, 76, wasn't home at the time. The police confiscated a laptop computer, two printers and all her Falun Dafa books.