(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Yuzhen, a retiree of a Jiaozhou Coal Mine in Shandong Province, was arrested by local police on March 23rd and gave a confession under torture. The Jiaozhou Court then secretly sentenced Mr. Li to three years in prison without notifying his relatives and defense attorney.

Below is an oral statement made in court by Mr. Li Yuzhen’s wife, Song Guixiang:

I am Song Guixiang, a Dafa practitioner from Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province. I am a retired teacher from Jiaoxi Town Elementary School. My husband is Li Yuzhen, 68 years old. He retired from the Jiaozhou Coal Mine. He started to practice Faun Gong because of his poor health. He followed the principles of “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance” and became a better person. He looked inward when he encountered conflicts and underwent great changes both physically and mentally. All of his illnesses disappeared.

On March 23, 2011, my husband was arrested by officers from the Beiguan Police Station in Jiaozhou. The 610 Office, the Domestic Security Division, and police from the Beiguan Police Station detained him and tortured him brutally to extract confessions from him.

To defend my husband in court, my children hired an attorney to plead not guilty on behalf of their father, and they signed a power of attorney. However, the Jiaozhou City Court secretly tried and sentenced my husband to three years in prison without notifying us or the defense attorney. The court ignored the existence and dignity of state law.

The whole process was very unusual and illegal since there was no witness, no evidence, and no one was even asked about the facts. We have now appealed to the Intermediate People’s Court. We will keep appealing until justice is served. No matter how long it takes, we will continue until my husband comes home safely. My husband is now detained in the Jiaozhou City Detention Center.

My home has been ransacked seven times, and even an old bike was confiscated. Both mine and my husband’s wages were withheld for a long time. Our income funded the persecution carried out by the city's 610 office, the Domestic Security Division, and the Jiaoxi Town authorities. At various points, they withdrew 20,000 Yuan, 30,000 Yuan, and even 60,000 Yuan from our salaries. After my husband was arrested, I was detained at Jiaoxi Hospital by the 610 Office for appealing for my husband. I went on a hunger strike for twenty days and lost control of bladder and bowel movement due to the abuse that I suffered. They released me because they were afraid that I would die in their custody.