(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Yu Suzhi. I am a 54-year-old peasant from Hetan Township, Hanting District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. I want to disclose the persecution that I was subjected to simply for practicing Falun Gong.

I began practicing Falun Gong in 1998. Prior to this I had severe health problems, including swelling in my face and legs, and disorders in my heart and lungs. A little farm work would accelerate my heartbeat, making me quickly out of breath. Years of taking herbal medicine and practicing other qiqongs did not help. Eventually one side of my body began to feel numb. At the end of 1998, I heard that Falun Gong had special illness-curing effects. I wanted to give it a try and started the practice. The results were a miracle! After a while I truly experienced the feeling of being illness-free. I also understood the reasons to be a good person and understood why people became ill in both body and soul.

Soon after I started practicing, former communist head Jiang Zemin ordered the all-out persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. I knew that Falun Gong teaches people to be good, so I went to Beijing three times to appeal. I was arrested, taken back to my town and was placed in detention on those three occasions. My home was also ransacked three times.

Since no one was at home, agents from the Hetan Police Station broke down the door and confiscated my valuables. They robbed me of two cows, a water pump, a tape recorder, and a sewing machine. They also deceived my husband and stole 1,600 yuan. When they proceeded to steal our wheat, my son stepped in and tried to stop them. They proceeded to kick and beat my son.

At that time the head of Hetan Police Station was Xu Desheng. On December 23, 2000, they deceived me into leaving my home, and I ended up being taken to the Jinan Forced Labor Camp. I was released because of a failed physical examination. In February 2001, four police officers pulled me into a vehicle. I didn't even have time to put on my shoes. They handcuffed me to the heater at the Hetan Township Birth Control Office for eight days.

Whenever a sensitive date rolled around, the police would visit and harass us. They usually banged on our door and windows in the middle of the night, causing my family to fear for my safety.

In the fall of 2002, Hetan Police Station officials, one of them named Song Xiaoren, came to my home with a blank document. They ordered me to put my photo and fingerprints on it. I told them, "I will not do it unless you state clearly what the purpose for this is." The police said, "We will arrest you if you refuse." I knew that they were just executing orders from higher-ups. I was afraid of their coming again to arrest me and decided to leave my home and become homeless. My life in exile was one of suffering and constantly worrying about my son. I could only return home at night to see my son, cook, and prepare things he might need. I had to leave in the early morning. My son forced his dad to find me, and often quarreled with him, which made my husband scared. Finally my husband also left home to stay with me and started practicing Falun Gong.

Because of their actions, the police forced us become destitute and homeless. My son was so depressed that he turned to alcohol to ease his pain. He died in a car accident the evening of January 15, 2009 when he was drinking and driving. Had I been home, this would not have happened.

Since leaving home eight years ago, my husband and I have worked for others. My husband Wang Xingguo would join me to practice Falun Gong after work every day and became more and more healthy. Since last year, we both have been working for a printing factory in Changyi City.

Around 7:30 a.m. on June 20, 2010, my husband was illegally arrested on his way home as soon as he got off work. Agents from the Changyi City Domestic Security Division and from the Douchang Police Station participated in the arrest. He was missing for about a week. On the morning of June 28, 2010, a relative received a notice to pick him up at the Hetan Civil Administration Office. When his older brother saw my husband, he looked totally changed. He had a dazed look in his eyes; his face had darkened, and he had lost a lot of weight. He could not remember anything when asked questions, and he could not even remember that he worked in Changyi City. He was quite healthy before his arrest; his face was bright, and he had a very good memory. Now he has become very absentminded, and often cannot find his way home if he goes out by himself.

My husband remembered one thing, saying, "The police covered my eyes and injected me with something." We took a look and noticed two needle-puncture marks on his head. The area is still discolored and causes him pain. The police must have injected him with something that damaged his brain.