(Clearwisdom.net) At 3:00 a.m. on May 29, 2009, over 100 police officers from the General Political Office, the 610 Office and local police station broke into the workers' dormitory at HydroChina Chengdu Engineering Corporation (No. 188, Qingjiang Rd., Chengdu City, Sichuan Province). They surrounded Mr. Xie Deqing's body, a retired staff member of the corporation and a Falun Dafa practitioner, in the funeral home. They illegally took away Mr. Xie's body. The officers injured Mr. Xie's oldest son Xie Weidong and arrested Mr. Xie's second son Xie Weiming.


Mr. Xie Deqing was in good health before the police arrested him

Police tortured Mr. Xie Deqing. As a result, he was emaciated and lost bladder control. He had great difficulty swallowing .

After being tortured, Mr. Xie suffered unbearable chest pain. He could barely move his body.

According to Mr. Xie's relatives, over 100 police officers broke into the funeral home. A group of anti-riot police seized Mr. Xie's body. Mr. Xie's two sons tried to stop them. Xie Weidong was pushed to the ground, kicked and beaten. His buttocks were kicked so hard they were swollen and he couldn't walk. His lips were injured and his arms had many abrasions.

According to Mr. Xie's family members, Mr. Xie's body had turned black and showed signs of poisoning.

Mr. Xie Deqing's funeral home.

The National Security and police officers surrounded and closely monitored the dormitory at the HydroChina Chengdu Engineering Corporation.

Xie Weidong, Mr. Xie's oldest son, was injured when trying to stop the riot police from confiscating his father's body.

Officers from the 610 Office told Mr. Xie's family and relatives, "We don't care if you expose our actions to the international community. That is why we mobilized so many people."

At noon on May 30, 2009, staff from the Chengdu City 610 Office cremated Mr. Xie's body.

Mr. Xie died the evening of May 27, 2009. Four days earlier, on the evening of May 23, at 10 o'clock, Fang Guofu from the Corporation and officers from the Chengdu City 610 Office brought Mr. Xie back home. At the time, after twenty days of imprisonment, Mr. Xie was emaciated, had lost bladder control, could barely swallow, suffered from severe chest pain, and fell in and out of consciousness. They wanted to shirk responsibility for Mr. Xie's condition.

Mr. Xie was detained in the so-called "Chengdu City Legal Learning Center." Within 20 days of relentless torture, Mr. Xie turned from a very healthy man to someone barely recognizable, a man with a broken body. After Mr. Xie was taken home, he spoke intermittently about what had happened at the so-called Learning Center. According to his family, staff in Chengdu City Legal Learning Center (also called Xinjin Brainwashing Center) injected him with unknown drugs.

Mr. Xie was 69 years old and lived at No. 188, Qingjiang E Rd. He had retired from the Hydro China Chengdu Engineering Corporation because he had been quite ill. His wife Ms. Yu Qinfang, 67 years old, also retired from the same company. They practiced Falun Dafa since 1996. All of their illnesses disappeared once the practiced Falun Dafa.

Since former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin launched the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, Mr. Xie and his wife have suffered a great deal. The Qingyang District Public Security Division in Chengdu City, the Fu'nan Street Party Office, the Fu'nan Police Station, the HydroChina Chengdu Engineering Corporation, the Science Research Institute of HydroChina Chengdu Engineering Corporation, and the Residential Committee ordered people to monitor and follow the couple, ransack their home, fine them, arrest them and take them to brainwashing and detention centers.

On April 29, 2009, the Gaoxin District Court tried practitioner Mr. Chen Changyuan. Mr. Xie and his wife went to the court to support Mr. Chen. However, police officers arrested them outside the court and took them to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center.

The Xinjin Brainwashing Center is located in Caiwan, Huaqiao Town, Xinjin County, Chengdu. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) spent five million yuan (~US$720,000) to remodel an old air force base and made it into a brainwashing center. At the brainwashing center, the guards torture practitioners, inject them with nerve damaging drugs, mix health-damaging drugs in practitioners' meals and water, force-feed practitioners, extort money from practitioners and torment them in an attempt to force them to renounce Falun Dafa.

Many practitioners had suffered a mental collapse due to the torture, some became physically disabled, severely ill, and some died at the center. Practitioners who died in the center include Ms. Deng Shufen (in her 70s) from Shuangliu County, Chengfu; Ms. Li Xiaowen (67 years old) from Shuangliu County, Chengfu and Ms. Liu Shenglv (53 years old) from Xindu District, Chengdu. Those who suffered a mental collapse included Ms. Zhu Xia, Ms. Liu Ying and Ms. Tan Shaolan. According to staff at the center, over 1,000 Falun Gong practitioners had been taken to the center and were tortured.

After Mr. Xie returned home, he suffered severe chest pain and could not move his body. On May 25, he fell into a coma. At 10:00 p.m. on May 27, Mr. Xie died. Before he died, he said that Fang Guofu from the Corporation and officers from the Chengdu City 610 Office abducted him near the Gaoxin District Court. His health deteriorated because of torture and he couldn't eat or drink for more than ten days while detained at the brainwashing center.

After Mr. Xie died, his family demanded that his wife Yu Qinfang be released from the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. After she returned home on May 28, 2009, the CCP officials, police officers, and plainclothes police surrounded their home. Their phone calls were monitored. All guests had to sign a document and were interrogated.

At 1:00 a.m. on May 29, 2009, a dozen people from the National Security 610 Office of Chengdu, the Shirennanlu Community General Political Office, a local police station and the corporation broke into the funeral home. They wanted to confiscate Mr. Xie's body and cremate it to destroy the evidence that he was tortured. Mr. Xie's two sons and relatives refused to release the body to them. At 3:00 a.m., a large group of riot police surrounded the funeral home and forcibly took the body. The two brothers tried to stop the police but were pushed to the ground and kicked and beaten. They were both injured all over their bodies. Mr. Xie's oldest son's leg was badly injured. The police covered the heads of the female family members with the cloth that was used to cover Mr. Xie's body so that they couldn't see what was happening.

Agencies and personnel responsible for the persecution:

1. The Chengdu City Political and Legal Committee (The 610 Office)

2. The 610 Office of the Domestic Security Brigade of Chengdu City Public Safety Bureau.

3. Xinjin Brainwashing Center (Chengdu City Legal Education Center)
Address: Caiwan, Huaqiao Town, Xinjin County, Chengdu City.
Li Feng, director of the Brainwashing Center; from the 610 Office of the Chengdu City Commission.
Yin Shunyao (former name was Yin Decai), director of the Brainwashing Division of Xinjin Brainwashing Center, Tel: 138-80590177.
Bao Xiaomu (female), deputy director of the Brainwashing Division of Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Tel: 89938809.
Wang Hongqiang, guard in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Actively involved in brainwashing practitioners.
Xu Dan, a guard in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center.
Wang Xiuqin (female), a guard in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Tel: 136-08177484.
Huang Zhongzhi, Wu Yabo, Chen Songtao, Jiang Hongliang, Hu Sixue, guards in the Brainwashing Center. Tel: 80130662.

4. HydroChina Chengdu Engineering Corporation

Address: No. 1, Wanhua N. Rd., Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, postal code: 610072
Tel: 028-87399333, 87399222
Fax: 028-87329997
E-mail£º chidi@chidi.com.cn

Fang Guofu, director of the Corporate Security Division -- actively and directly involved in the persecution and torture. Tel: 156-8833083 and 139-08210800
Pan Sanmei, director of the Corporate Family Committee -- actively and directly involved in the persecution and torture. Tel: 138-80020617 and 028-87315521 (home)
Zheng Sheng'an, Director -- actively and directly involved in the persecution and torture
Zhang Jianyue, Chen Wuyi, Huang He, Zhi Xiaoqian, deputy directors
Zhang Xiaoqing, secretary of the CCP Committee -- actively and directly involved in the persecution and torture
Hu Zhihong, deputy secretary of the CCP Committee
Wang Renkun, engineer
Yu Ting, Zhou Zhong, Ye Faming, Yang Jian, Deputy engineers
Zhang Jie, director of Dean's Office
Wang Jianhong, director of the Science Research Institute

5. The Sichuan Water Conservancy and Hydroelectric Power Engineering Corporation
Lan Xueyuan, secretary of the CCP Committee. Tel: 2985888, 82985666, 82985999
Luo Jian, director. Tel: 82985688 and 13982258207

6. Shirennanlu Community
Yin Yun, director of the Shiren Street Office of General Administration -- actively and directly involved in the persecution. Tel: 138-08084378
Fu'nan Police Station (No. 38, Shiren W. Rd.). Tel: 028-87311983
Wan Xin (Tel: 136-68170372) and Feng Guogang (Tel: 139-80760570). Staff of the Household Registry Division
Police Administration Office -- Tel: 028-87310302
Shiren Street Office (No. 36, Shiren W. Rd.) -- Tel: 87312884, 87312118, 87318890, 87319254, 87324144, 87312353 and 87312655
Wang Cong (female), Director of the Shirennanlu Community, Tel: 136-68290899 and 028-82919202