(Clearwisdom.net) Since Jiang Zemin's regime began the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, the Chongqing Dadukou District Court and Procuratorate have been persecuting Falun Gong practitioners by illegally detaining and sentencing them. Here are some cases exposing the Dadukou District Court's and Procuratorate's actions:

I. Elderly Ms. Fan Defang sentenced and falsely charged

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Fan Defang, 74 years old, is a retiree from Chongqing Construction Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. She lives in Apt. #2, on the 6th Floor, No. 1 Unit of Building 2, in Labor No. 1 Village of Xiejiawan in Jiulongpo District. On January 28, 2005, Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Fan Defang and Ms. Yuan Suxian were arrested by police and sent to Dadukou District Detention Center. Later Ms. Yuan Suxian died as a result of persecution. On February 28, 2006, Ms. Fan Defang was illegally prosecuted and received a notice for her hearing on January 20. The CCP used the already deceased Ms. Yuan Suxian as a witness in prosecuting Ms. Fan Defang.

After Ms. Fan Defang was prosecuted by Dadukou District Court of Chongqing City and had the hearing on February 18, the case was postponed until June. On the morning of June 9, 2006, Dadukou District Court of Chongqing City suddenly announced that they would hold the hearing and sentenced Ms. Fan Defang to three years of imprisonment. Later Ms. Fan Defang was sent to the Chongqing Women's Prison.

After being sent to prison, Ms. Fan insisted on pursuing an appeal. The police in the prison tried to find various excuses to prevent her from appealing and lied to her, saying that it was no use to appeal and they would seize her appeal letter anyway. In the meantime, the police tried all kinds of methods to brainwash her and wanted to force her to give up Falun Gong. One month later, she was sent to the No. 7 division of the prison and was forced to do physical labor for over twelve hours each day. Her children were very worried about her physical condition.

II. Ms. Liu Fanqin harshly sentenced

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Fanqin, 58 years old, lives in Beibei District, Chongqing City. She is a cadre from Beibei District Optical Instrument Factory. Because she exposed the rape case of Ms. Wei Xingyan, a female graduate student of Chongqing, on June 22, 2006, Ms. Liu Fanqin was arrested and sent to Dadukou District Detention Center.

A few days later, police transferred Ms. Liu Fanqin to a dark room. Hua, the director of Dadukou District branch police station, Wen Fanghuo, the team lead, police officers Li Ke, Tan Xu, Hu Bin and Huang Xiaoyue (female) interrogated Ms. Liu Fanqin and persecuted her. Later Chongqing City Orthopedic Hospital, Southwest Hospital, and Chongqing Hospital diagnosed Ms. Liu Fanqin with a brachial plexus and knee joint ligament injuries, and that the injuries caused joints in both her shoulders to become dislocated. The diagnosis document was later seized by the police. The hospitals could not offer any means of recovery. The doctors said that both of her arms would become permanently disabled. Ms. Liu lost the use of both her arms and has to rely on the care of others for her daily needs. Ms. Liu Fanqin also suffers from lower back pains and other physical injuries.

At that time, Dadukou District Court had already confirmed the injuries to Ms. Liu Fanqin caused by persecution. The court even sent police to accompany her to the hospital and the court had the investigation materials, including doctor's diagnoses and witness testimony, etc. Xu Zhizhong, the head contact person from the court who stayed in the the detention center, once told Ms. Liu Fanqin that they would definitely send her to see a doctor and not to prison. However, Xu Zhizhong was later transferred to work in another place, and nobody from the court would come to see Ms. Liu Fanqin. There is clear evidence of the severe damage to Ms. Liu Fanqin and many people knew about the persecution. However, the procurator claimed that Ms. Liu's case had no evidence of persecution. They did not investigate or deal with the offenders. Instead, the court even openly harbored, and intentionally misrepresented, hid and destroyed existing evidence.

In March 2004, Dadukou District court ignored the fact that Ms. Liu Fanqin was severely injured and that she would not be able to take care of herself because her arms were disabled. The court sentenced her to nine years in prison. In June 2004, the Chongqing No. 1 Intermediate Court continued to ignore the fact that Ms. Liu Fanqin had suffered brutal persecution and was severely injured, and upheld the sentence, issuing an "Enforcement Notice." In the same month, police from the detention center took Ms. Liu Fanqin to the hospital for a fake checkup and claimed that Ms. Liu did not qualify for medical parole. Later they sent Ms. Liu to Chongqing Women's Prison again and again. The prison hospital refused to accept her three times and told the detention center to send her to a hospital that had the capability for surgery, and they would accept her after the treatment.

In August 2005, the detention center still had not given Ms. Liu Fanqin any medical treatment and sent her to Chongqing Women's Prison. Over the past few years, Ms. Liu has requested medical treatment several times. She and her family tried many times to ask higher level units of Dadukou District Court and related departments to investigate and deal with the perpetrators, but still have not had any response.

III. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Yalin sentenced

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Yalin is from Dadukou District, Chongqing City. He is 64 years old, a retiree from Yongchuan Motor Transport Company. Mr. Liu originally had various illnesses such as severe rheumatism, emphysema, kidney illness, and asthma. After several years of treatment, there was no improvement. After he began practicing Falun Gong in 1995, all of his illnesses disappeared and he recovered completely.

On June 1, 2007, over a dozen police from the Dadukou branch police station of Chongqing City suddenly arrested Mr. Liu from his home. At around 10:30 am on March 17, 2008, Dadukou District Court fabricated charges against Mr. Liu and sentenced him to three years and six months in prison. Mr. Liu is currently detained at Yongchuan Prison.

Since Mr. Liu Yalin was sent to Yongchuan Prison, his physical condition has deteriorated. All his teeth fell out, so it is very difficult for him to eat. He only eats a little porridge each day, which has led to severe malnutrition. Even in this condition, the No. 14 Prison District of Yongchuan Prison still forced him to do hard physical labor of carrying coal. This heavy work directly caused his high blood pressure to return.

On April 4, 2009, Mr. Liu Yalin was sent to the emergency room in the prison district hospital. At present, his blood pressure is still very high (above 230mmHg) and he suffers heart failure, cerebral symptoms, blurry vision, dizziness, numbness, and asthma. He has to have someone to help him walk. He is dying. His family requested several times that the prison release him, but the prison used all sorts of excuses and refused to release him.

IV. Falun Gong practitioner Wang Rongwu tried

Mr. Wang Rongwu is a Falun Gong practitioner from Jiulongpo District of Chongqing City. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1996. In the beginning of 2001, Mr. Wang Rongwu escaped from a brainwashing session held in Jiulongpo District of Chongqing City and became homeless. He and other Falun Dafa practitioners continued talking to people about Falun Gong. On August 11, 2004, Mr. Wang Rongwu was arrested by police in a rented home in Dadukou District of Chongqing City. His wife and his mother were also arrested at the same time (both his wife and his mother were released later.)

In 2005, Dadukou District Court of Chongqing City secretly had a hearing, sentencing Mr. Wang Rongwu to three years and six months in prison. Mr. Wang was originally very healthy and strong. After being held in Chongqing Prison for only a few months, three of his teeth fell out as a result of beatings. His legs had no energy and he had difficulty walking. The police continued forcing him to work each day from 7 a.m. till 11 p.m. He was not allowed take a break at lunch time. After 11 p.m., when the criminal prisoners were allowed to sleep, the police tortured him and tried to force him to write a guarantee letter to give up Falun Gong.