Name: Liu Guangming(刘光明)
Gender: Female
Age: 48
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 19, 2009
Most recent place of detention:
Baimalong Forced Labor Camp (白马垅劳教所)
City: Shaodong
Hunan Province
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, Interrogation, Torture, Sleep Deprivation.

( Ms. Liu Guangming was hospitalized in 2003 at a Chinese medicine hospital in Changsha City, where she was treated for colon cancer. At that time, she was pale and thin and needed to be cared for by someone else. It cost her a great deal of money while she was in the hospital, but her illness remained. Then, fortunately, she began to practice Falun Gong and took the cultivation of xinxing and being a good person seriously. Miraculously, she recovered, and her health improved more each day.

Ms. Liu wanted to tell everybody about the benefits of cultivation and the wrong perception people had about Dafa and the suffering of tens of thousands of good people. On September 29, 2005, she went to Jingwanzi in Changsha City to distribute informational materials about Falun Gong. She was arrested and taken to the Xinkaipu Police Station, where she was beaten and kicked severely. During the cold night, she was not given a quilt or blanket and thus caught a cold and had a fever. She coughed, vomited blood, and could barely walk. The police were afraid that she would die and released her 15 days later. The police also took 60 yuan in cash from her.

In 2006, Ms. Liu worked as a home nurse for a retired elderly teacher in Changsha City. One day when Ms. Liu accompanied the teacher to a hospital for a transfusion, she read a Dafa book while she was waiting and was reported by a doctor. Agents from the local 610 Office came and arrested her. They ransacked the elderly teacher's home, took away Ms. Liu's Dafa books, an MP3 player, cassette tapes, and over 1000 yuan in cash. She was then illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor and taken to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp.

While she was in the forced labor camp, she was repeatedly tortured in order to try to "transform" her. Guard Long Liyun often made her watch videos that slandered Falun Gong. If she did not look at them, Long Liyun instigated drug offenders to abuse her. They made her stand the entire night, did not allow her to go to the bathroom, made her squat with both arms stretched out, and more. Once, Ms. Liu did not do these things well, and she was beaten brutally. They also tried to force her to write the three statements, otherwise they would grab her by her hair and force her head under water. They also pulled out a lot of her hair. On some occasions they put some kind of oil in her eyes so that she could not sleep. Several years have passed, and Ms. Liu's hands still hurt due to the injuries, and her nose is disfigured.

In 2008, she went to her brother's home to tell them the facts about Falun Gong. She was reported and arrested by officers from the Lianqiao Police Station of Shaodong County. They took her to the detention center, where she was locked up for over a month and beaten ruthlessly. She resisted the persecution by going on a hunger strike, so the guards force fed her through a bamboo tube, stabbing her mouth repeatedly. Then she was illegally sent to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp for one and a half years of forced labor.

While in the camp, Ms. Liu was held in the "strict management team." The guards instigated 8 to 14 drug offenders to torture her. They beat and kicked her, made her wear some kind of a "straight jacket," and suspended her under a rail and stretched her from both sides. One time, she was hung up for two days and nights. They closed her mouth and nose to prevent her from breathing for a long time, and she had to stand for a long time. The longest time she was forced to stand was 14 days and nights without any sleep. All of these instances of torture caused her to lose consciousness several times. She still talked about the goodness of Falun Gong to the drug offenders and even the guards, who had instructed the addicts to threaten her and to carve slanderous words about Teacher on her back. After being tortured for such a long time, Ms. Liu was seriously damaged in body and mind. She lost her normal awareness, and she could not lift anything with her hands.

In order to get a term reduction and awards from the forced labor camp, the drug offenders were willing to do the guards' bidding. The more sinister the means they used, the more the guards approved. Therefore, these addicts were unbridled in torturing Falun Dafa practitioners. The malicious torments Ms. Liu suffered were unbelievable.

Besides what has already been described, she was forced to take off all her clothes and squat down and stand up repeatedly while others watched; she was frozen stiff in the cold winter with all the windows open and fans going; dirty rags, stinky socks, or other things were stuffed into her mouth; and she had to stand in front of slogans that slandered Teacher. (When she tore them down she was severely beaten and had to stand for two months.) The evildoers wrote Teacher's name on a piece of paper and tried to force her to sit on it, but she refused and pushed it away. This resulted in more brutal beatings. The torments Ms. Liu were subjected to are too numerous to recount.

She lost count of how many times she collapsed to the ground, fainted, or lost consciousness; how many times she was beaten black and blue; and many times her legs and feet were so swollen she could not wear her shoes.

At the beginning of September 2009, Ms. Liu Guangming was released from Baimalong Forced Labor Camp. However, on September 19, she was brought back again.

Written: October 5, 2009