Latest News from China - May 16, 2005
- [Heilongjiang Province] Hulan Jail Persecuting Practitioners
- [Beijing] Ms. Liu Guifu Is Being Persecuted in Team Seven of Beijing Women's Labor Camp
- [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Including Ms. Ma Guiyun Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Wang Sheng from Wuchang Was Arrested and His Whereabouts Are Unknown
- [Gansu Province] Mr. Hei Huiyu from Tianshui and Ms. Zhang Run from Zhangchuan County Were Illegally Sentenced
- [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Practitioners From the Xinghualing District Including Ms. Hao Xiuping Were Arrested
- [Henan Province] Ms. Shi Zhimin Is Illegally Jailed at Meng County Detention Center While the Court Delays Her Sentencing
- [Dingxing County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Ms. Li Xinyue, Who Has Been Homeless
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Xiaohua Was Arrested
- [Gansu Province] Ms. Qi Xiulian Was Arrested by the Lanzhou Police and Sent to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Class
- [Guangxi Province] Ms. Song Cuiying Traumatized by Torture at Guangxi Women's Labor Camp
- [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Xia Yulan Is Being Tortured at Masanjia Labor Camp
- [Liaoning Province] Mr. Guo Chunzhan from Chajia Village, Weiping Township, Xingcheng City Was Arrested
- [Suining, Sichuan Province] Ms. Su Qiongying Was Arrested, and Her Home Was Searched
- [Zhucheng, Shandong Province] Ms. Ding Yanyan Has Been Jailed, and Her Family Has Been Forced to Endure Extreme Difficulties
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Wenhua Was Arrested by the Tieren Public Secuirty Sub-Bureau
- [Chaozhou, Guangdong Province] Six Practitioners Including Lin Saijin Were Arrested by the Police
- [Dingxing, Hebei Province] Xiao Yue and Li Laifang Were Arrested
- [Jilin Province] Yang Mingli and His Wife Ms. Lan Yaqin Are Being Severely Tortured. The Whereabouts of Their Two Children Are Unknown
- [Beijing] Mr. Zuo Changfu and His Wife, Both Engineers with the Railway Department Engineer Management Center, Were Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Cui Huiyun Is Being Jailed at Beijing Daxing Jail
- [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yuan Ting Was Arrested by the 610 Office
- [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Shikui Is Jailed
1. [Heilongjiang Province] Hulan Jail Persecuting Practitioners
Mr. Han Junsheng, who is being jailed at the Training Center, has not eaten anything for one month. He has been sent to the hospital for emergency rescue.
Mr. Ma Zhongliang, who was jailed at Team One, was sent to the small cell in January. He has been handcuffed and shackled and locked to the ground. He has been tortured like this for an unknown period of time.
Mr. Qian Houmin, who was hospitalized, was put into small cell in March and December and was tortured there.
Mr. Liu Yu of Team Nine was persecuted to death. Mr. Liu was forced to stand in the training center for a long time by the team leader. He was tortured in the same way when he was sent to Team Nine. He was sent to the hospital only when he was tortured until he could hardly do his manual labor job. At the beginning of April 2005, he was tortured to death.
Phone numbers for those involved in the persecution:
Zhang Hongliang and Wang Lianyun, the instructors for the Training Center
Sun Kaiwen, the head of the Hulan Jail: 86-451-57307303
Political Section of the Jail: 86-451-57307738
2. [Beijing] Ms. Liu Guifu Is Being Persecuted in Team Seven of Beijing Women's Labor Camp
After Ms. Liu Guifu from Beijing was sentenced to two and a half years in a labor camp, the police of Team Eight of the Dispatch Squad physically punished her since she refused to sign her name on the Guarantee Statement. She was denied the chance to sleep. At the end of April 2005 when Ms. Liu Guifu was sent to the Beijing Women's Labor Camp, she was jailed in Team Seven. The Team Seven police continued to refuse to allow her to sleep for several days. It is only due to pressure from abroad and within the country that she is allowed a little sleep each day. Ever since she arrived at Team Seven, the police have ordered the prison guards to keep strict surveillance over Ms. Liu. The labor camp gives her very little food. They are trying to starve her in order to force her to plead guilty and give up her belief.
3. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Including Ms. Ma Guiyun Were Arrested
On the evening of May 12, 2005, the National Security Team of Lingyuan City broke into a practitioner's home at Hekanzi Village, where eight practitioners were having a group study of the Fa. The police arrested Ms. Ma Guiyun, Ms. Li Donghua, Ms. Zhang Chunrong, Ms. Huang Jinru, Ms. Gao Fenglan, Ms. Liu Cuixia, Ms. Fan Cailan and Ms. Zhang Xiuzhen. Ms. Song Shuzhi from Sanshijiazi Town, Lingyuan City, was arrested and detained at the No.2 Police Substation by the police from the Sanshijiazi Police Substation. Police used deception to arrest Mr. Wu Jiang from the Lingyuan Jail Management Sub-Bureau at his home. Four police officers from the Linghe Public Security Sub-Bureau sent him to the No. 3 Jail.
4. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Wang Sheng from Wuchang City Was Arrested and His Whereabouts Are Unknown
Mr. Wang Sheng from Xiaodongmen of Wuchang City was arrested by the police at 4:00 p.m. on May 12, 2005, by the Wuchang Public Security Bureau. His current whereabouts are still unknown.
5. [Gansu Province] Mr. Hei Huiyu from Tianshui and Ms. Zhang Run from Zhangchuan County Were Illegally Sentenced
Mr. Hei Huiyu from Tianshui, Gansu Province, was arrested from his workplace on August 10, 2004, by the Tianshui City Public Security Bureau and the Zhangchuan County Public Security Bureau. He was jailed at the Zhangchuan County Detention Center for over eight months before he was secretly sentenced to three years. His family found out that he was sent to Caochang Street Jail in the Dashaping Area, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City. During his detention, even when his father was dying, Hr. Hei was not allowed to visit him.
Ms. Zhang Lun was also sentenced to three and a half years' imprisonment.
Zhao Zhiping, Tianshui Intermediate Court judge: 86-938-8367611
6. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Practitioners From the Xinghualing District Including Ms. Hao Xiuping Were Arrested
On May 10, 2005, Ms. Hao Xiuping from the Xinghualing District of Taiyuan City, and Ms. Lan Zhi (her official name is not known) were arrested by the police from Yushe County when they were giving out the Nine Commentaries and Falun Dafa truth-clarifying materials. They were taken back to Taiyuan. Their homes were searched by the Taiyuan Public Security Bureau. They are now being jailed and tortured at Taiyuan Labor Camp.
7. [Henan Province] Ms. Shi Zhimin Is Illegally Jailed at Meng County Detention Center While the Court Delays Her Sentencing
Ms. Shi Zhimin was arrested by the local police when she was clarifying the truth in Meng County, Henan Province. It has been over five months. She is now on a hunger strike. She is very weak and still awaiting sentencing.
Ms. Li, the Head of Criminal Court of the Mengzhou City Court of Henan Province: 86-391-8191683 (the best time to call is 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.)
Xue Guozhi, director of the Meng County Detention Center
8. [Dingxing County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Ms. Li Xinyue, Who Has Been Homeless
Ms. Li Xinyue (an alias), who had become homeless to avoid persecution, was recently arrested in Dingxing County. The specific time of arrest is unknown. She is now being jailed at Hongshu Detention Center.
9. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Xiaohua Was Arrested
Ms. Wang Xiaohua was born in 1956. In the morning on April 20, 2005, she was arrested at home and has been jailed at Daqing Detention Center ever since.
10. [Gansu Province] Ms. Qi Xiulian Was Arrested by the Lanzhou Police and Sent to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Class
Ms. Qi Xiulan went missing on the evening of April 27, 2005. According to reliable news she has been sent to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center.
The relevant phone numbers:
Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center: 86-931-2860011
Lanzhou 610 Office: 86-931-8487823
11. [Guangxi Province] Ms. Song Cuiying Traumatized by Torture at Guangxi Women's Labor Camp
Ms. Song Cuiying, a resident of An County, Guiling City, was sentenced to labor camp between 2002 and 2005. At Guangxi Women's Labor Camp she was persecuted and "transformed." She was clear-minded for a very short period of time and then forced into brainwashing. The long-term depression made her mentally disordered in March of 2005. She has still not recovered.
12. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Xia Yulan Is Being Tortured at Masanjia Labor Camp
Ms. Xia Yulan, 57 years old, was a teacher at the Shenyang Railway Bureau Technical School. She was put into Masanjia Labor Camp for one year for clarifying the truth in August 1999. She was not released until one and a half years later. On April 29, 2002, she was arrested and sentenced to three years and again sent to Masanjia Labor Camp. Her sentence was supposed to be up on May 1, 2005, but the Masanjia Labor Camp did not release her. She went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. Now the police severely beat her up every day until she is numb and there is no longer any response. They also force-feed her.
Phone number for the team where Ms. Xia is being jailed at the Masanjia Labor Camp: 86-24-89210406.
13. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Guo Chunzhan from Chajia Village, Weiping Township, Xingcheng City, Was Arrested
On May 15, 2005, the police from Xingcheng City drove two police cars to Mr. Guo Chunzhang's home and arrested him.
14. [Suining, Sichuan Province] Ms. Su Qiongying Was Arrested, and Her Home Was Searched
Ms. Su Qiongying from Suining City, Sichuan Province, 50 years old, was arrested by the police on May 11, 2005, when she was clarifying the truth at a supermarket. Her home was also searched.
15. [Zhucheng, Shandong Province] Ms. Ding Yanyan Has Been Jailed, and Her Family Has Been Forced to Endure Extreme Difficulties
Ms. Ding Yanyan, 37 years old, was an unemployed staff member of the Zhucheng Shoe Factory. She resides at Shiziwanxiang on Fuqian Street, Zhucheng City. On May 13, 2004, she was arrested by the Shimen Township Police Substation of Zhucheng City for giving out truth-clarifying materials about Falun Gong. Afterwards she was sentenced to a labor camp by the Political and Security Team of the Zhucheng Public Security Bureau. She is still being jailed.
Ms. Ding Yanyan's husband Mr. Wang Haidong fell sick from a sudden blow. After being hospitalized, he was diagnosed with severe heart failure, kidney failure, and his liver was swollen. He has been hospitalized four times and owes over 20,000 yuan in medical expenses. Since he has lost his ability to work, he cannot afford the huge medical costs. Ms. Ding's son is six years old. He now has to stay at home since his mother cannot afford to pay for day care. Now they face the problem of not being able to send their son to school. The whole family relies on Ms. Ding's mother-in-law's monthly income of eighty dollars to support them. Ms. Ding's mother has gone to the National Security Team of the Zhuchen Public Security Bureau several times to ask for the release of her daughter but is always refused.
16. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Wenhua Was Arrested by the Tieren Public Security Sub-Bureau
Ms. Zhang Wenhua resides at Ben'e Residential Area and was an employee of the Telecommunication Company. On the evening of May 3, 2005, when Ms. Zhang got home from grocery shopping, she found two police cars stopped in front of her home. The lights in her home were all on. The Tieren Public Security Sub-Bureau confiscated her computer, VCDs, CD burners, banners, posters, projector, and Dafa books.
On May 4, the police from the Tieren Echun Community Police Team of the Daqing Tieren Police Sub-Bureau arrested Ms. Zhang at her sister's home. She is currently being jailed in Room 404 of the Daqing City Detention Center.
The relevant phone numbers:
Daqing Tieren Police Sub-Bureau: 86-459-5814061
Ma Yunmin, person in charge of Ms. Zhang's case at the Tieren Police Sub-Bureau: 86-13936773481(the last two digitals could be 18) (Cell)
The Criminal Team: 86-459-5816110
The Police Team of Tieren Community Police (Guan Yun, head of the police): 86-13945959678 (Cell)
17. [Chaozhou, Guangdong Province] Six Practitioners Including Lin Saijin Were Arrested by the Police
On May 5, 2005, the Chaozhou City Public Security Bureau arrested six practitioners, including Lin Saijin, Mr. Fang Zhengyang and his girl friend Fang Huan and another three practitioners from out of town who were staying at Lin Saijin's home. The police took away a great many Dafa books and truth-clarifying materials and kept them at the detention center.
The relevant phone numbers:
Li Zhenfa, the Commissioner of the Chaozhou City Public Security Bureau: 86-768-2354498 (Office)
Instructor Li of the Jinshan Police Sub-Station: 86-768-2231308 (Office)
Director Zheng: 86-768-2231308 (Office)
Fengxin Police Substation: 86-768-2202573
18. [Dingxing, Hebei Province] Xiaoyue and Li Laifang Were Arrested
Xiaoyue and Li Laifang from Dingxing County, Hebei Province were arrested on May 13, 2005
19. [Jilin Province] Mr. Yang Mingli and His Wife Ms. Lan Yaqin Are Being Severely Tortured. The Whereabouts of Their Two Children Are Unknown
Mr. Yang Mingli from the Shuangyang District of Changchun City is currently being tortured at Chaoyanggou Labor Camp. His body is swollen, and he has also urinated blood. The prison doctor diagnosed him as having "uremia," which is life threatening. His wife Ms. Lan Yaqin is also a practitioner. Currently she is being jailed at Heizuizi Labor Camp. Their two children have no one take care of them. The children's current whereabouts are unknown.
20. [Beijing] Mr. Zuo Changfu and His Wife, Both Engineers with the Railway Department Engineer Management Center, Were Arrested
Mr. Zuo Changfu, over 40 years old, and his wife, both engineers with the Railway Department Engineering Management Center, were arrested on the morning of March 1, 2005, from their home at Youanmen by the Guangnei Police Sub-Station. His wife, Ms. Zhao Xuefeng, is currently being jailed at the Beijing City Labor Re-education Bureau.
21. [Beijing] Ms. Cui Huiyun Is Being Jailed at Beijing Daxing Jail
Ms. Cui Huiyun, who is 45 years old, became very healthy physically and has been very generous to her parents ever since she started practicing Falun Dafa. Since July 20, 1999, she has traveled several times to Tiananmen Square to validate Dafa. She was arrested by the police in 2001. In the wintertime, she was forced to stand outdoors, and the police poured cold water all over her. The police beat her and would not allow her to sleep. She was released after she had been jailed for eight days.
After she was released, she was reported to the police for giving out truth-clarifying materials. She was forced to leave her home and become homeless to avoid arrest. She was later arrested by the Hebei Province police. She was handcuffed and sentenced to two years. She was later transferred to Beijing Daxing Jail.
Her home phone number: 86-10-8768-9251, 86-10-6760-6500
Her son's cell phone: 86-13911072201
22. [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yuan Ting Was Arrested By the 610 Office
On May 12, 2005, Ms. Yuan Ting from Harbin was arrested by the Daoli District 610 Office when she was giving out the truth-clarifying materials.
23. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Shikui Is Jailed
Mr. Wang Shikui, an employee of the Jinan Railway Bureau, was homeless for over a year and was then arrested in Zhucheng. Since he refused to report his name, he was jailed at the Zhucheng Detention Center. Currently he is being held in the Liu Changshan Detention Center.
May 16, 2005