I consider it my good fortune to have obtained Falun Dafa in June 1997. At that time I went to a morning exercise group every day. With the help of Tang Jian and other practitioners, I learned how to double-cross my legs and I performed the sitting meditation exercise regularly at 5 a.m. At that time, Mr. Tang Jian always arrived at the exercise site ahead of others, and played the meditation music with his cassette recorder. He arrived regularly, even after his family had a newborn baby. He would correct the exercise movements of others. When I first learned Dafa, I often had strong notions. Tang Jian spent time talking with me and helped me to see things from the perspective of Dafa, enabling me to upgrade my xinxing.

After July 20, 1999, we lost our group environment for practicing the exercises. Mr. Tang Jian continued to keep in touch with us. Under the harsh environment he refuted every lie that slandered Falun Dafa and our Teacher.

I did not see Tang Jian again. I heard that he was arrested during a meeting at Jialingdao Middle School (the school where Tang Jian taught before he passed away). In the meeting, when the principal publicly slandered Falun Dafa, Tang Jian sternly refuted his statements. Tang Jian was arrested and taken to a police station where he was sentenced to prison for two years. He was brutally tortured for refusing to accept brainwashing. The prison guards instructed criminal inmates to beat him. Everyone who saw Tang Jian said that his body was full of scars, his eyes were slanted and his face deformed. The prison guards shocked his private parts with electric batons, and his genitals were badly swollen. Even when Tang Jian went on a hunger strike to protest, he still had to do hard labor for long hours.

In July 2002, after he had completed a two-year term, the prison authorities refused to release him. His family tried to reason with the prison authorities. At that time, Tian Jian had been on a hunger strike for 10 months.

Two months later, Tang Jian was released, but the 610 Office arrested him again because he had "not transformed." With a strong will and an unrelenting belief, he endured torture of all forms: beating, electric shocks, blowing with a fan, burning with an iron, and force-feeding with thick salt water and corn gruel. The physical abuse left his internal organs severely damaged. In May 2004, Tang Jian had a persistent high fever and his life was in danger. Fearing that they would be held responsible for his death, the 610 Office sent him home. After a long period of detention and torture, Tang Jian walked his last steps of human life with a heart determined to cultivate Falun Dafa.

May 14, 2005