(Clearwisdom.net) Forty-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Cao Ping lived in the residential area of Linshui County's Cotton & Hemp Company in Sichuan Province. He was brutally tortured at the Deyang Jail of Sichuan Province, and died as a result on July 7, 2003.

In July 2000, because Mr. Cao Ping went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, he was forcibly taken back to Linshui County and detained for 15 days. Later, in order to avoid arrest, he had to leave his home and become destitute and homeless. On May 28, 2001, Mr. Cao went back to Linshui County to attend an Experience Sharing Conference and distribute truth clarification materials. Because someone reported him, the local police arrested and beat him. Police Liu Yong used a wooden stick to beat Mr. Cao ruthlessly all over his body, and broke his left foot. Hospital examination showed that his kneecap was shattered. After the hospital put his foot in a cast, the County Detention Center still detained him. Three months later, he still had not recovered. During interrogation by Li Jiliang, the head of the Linshui County's National Security Team, Police Liu Yong and other policemen at the detention center, Mr. Cao was hung up and brutally beaten with clubs, and his left hand was broken. Not only were Mr. Cao Ping's hand and foot broken, but his internal organs were badly injured as well. He often felt pain and had visibly lost weight. On May 8, 2002, Mr. Cao was illegally sentenced to four years of imprisonment. He was sent to the Deyang Jail of Sichuan Province on June 25, 2002.

In the Deyang Jail, Mr. Cao refused to accept brainwashing, so the jail guards tortured him. On very hot days, they forced him to raise both hands and stand still in the sun. Mr. Cao often fainted from the heat and exhaustion, and if the guards were in a foul mood they directed criminals to beat him. In addition, they always denied Mr. Cao a full meal, and he never had enough to eat.

After sustaining long-term torture, Mr. Cao could hardly be recognized. When his family saw him in May 2003, he was only skin and bones. The jail sent him home on June 28, 2003.

His family could not believe the change in him. His original weight was 130lbs and he was 170cm (5'6") tall. Upon his return he only weighed 60lbs, he often had blood in his stool and he was in constant pain all over his body, especially in the internal organs. It was impossible for him to sleep, and he only moaned in pain. About 10 p.m. on July 7, 2003, he suffered continuous anal bleeding and passed away after emergency treatment in the hospital.

The related phone numbers:

Jail Administration Office of the Deyang Jail of Sichuan Province: 86-838-3820225

Jail Administration Office of the Guangyuan Jail of Sichuan Province: 86-839-3950135

National Security Team of the Linshui County's Police Department:

Li Keliang, the Head: 86-826--3223842

Police Zhao Yong: 86-826-234599 86-826-3222737