Human Rights Working Group Submits Report to UN Regarding CCP's Psychiatric Torture of Falun Gong Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net) Not long ago, the Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group (www.falunhr.org) submitted a report to the United Nations and world governments about multiple cases of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities forcibly administering harmful drugs to Falun Gong practitioners. The report reveals the plight of twelve Falun Gong practitioners who were illegally detained in detention centers, forced labor camps and prisons in Qinghai Province, Hubei Province, Shandong Province and other places. During their detention, these practitioners were subjected to forcible administration of harmful drugs and torture, which resulted in their organ's atrophies, disability, mental breakdown and even death.
Torture by administering drugs and psychiatric torture is one of the major methods the CCP has been using to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. To make the practitioners subdue, the CCP makes use of concerted efforts between the hospital system and prison system to conduct this persecution, so that the persecution becomes even more covert and heinous.
The following is a very brief summary of the cases submitted to the United Nations:
1. Ms. Fan, Lihong: 29 years old. While she was incarcerated at the Qinghai Women's Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Fan was sent to a mental hospital where she was force-fed with harmful drugs and tortured, thus passed away.
2. Ms. Li, Guixiang: While she was detained at the Qinghai Women's Forced Labor Camp, she sustained wounds all over her body, and thus had difficulty walking.
3. Ms. Li, Jing, in her 60s: While she was detained at the Qinghai Women's Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Li became muddle-headed, agitated restlessly, she grasped the wall and gnawed the table.
4. Ms. Wang, Shujuan: While she was detained at the Qinghai Women's Forced Labor Camp, the guards stealthily put toxic chemicals into Ms. Wang's bowl of soup. Just one sip of soup caused her mouth to foam and her tongue to become numb. Her hands, legs and feet felt cold, numb, and painful. Her body suffered serious damage and her legs still feel numb and very painful.
5. Ms. Zhang, Xuefeng: While she was detained at the Qinghai Women's Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Zhang was injected with nerve-damaging drugs, resulting in her mental disorder and death.
6. Mr. He, Wanzhu: While he was detained at the Qinghai Men's Forced Labor Camp, the guards surreptitiously poisoned his meals. As a result he had tightness in his chest and his mouth became numb.
7. Ms. Luo, Fang: While at the Qinghai Women's Drug Rehabilitation Forced Labor Camp, after she was beaten and tortured, she was carried into the camp clinic, and was injected with unknown drugs. She became mentally disordered, gnawed at the table and crawled under the bed and table.
8. Ms. Li, Yuanping: While she was detained at the Qinghai Province Women's Drug Rehabilitation Forced Labor Camp, after she was shocked by electric batons and seriously injured, Ms. Li was forced to take round white pills. Afterwards she had nausea, felt numb, tired and weak, and could barely walk. Her speech and movement were stunted, and her reaction time and memory declined.
9. Mr. Ping, Chunfeng, a staff member at Qinghai Normal University: While he was detained at Duoba Town Forced Labor Camp between 2002 and 2003, he told people twice that he was injected with poisonous drugs and his food was laced with poison, which caused him muddle-headed, Mr. Ping died in 2005.
Since March 2006, Falun Gong practitioners who were released from the Hubei Province Jail have mostly been sent to the Jianghan District Brainwashing Center in Erdaopeng, Hankou. During this period of persecution, these practitioners experienced severe dizziness and agitation, tachycardia. Practitioners' resting heartbeat reached over 100 beats per minute; their physical reaction was not in accordance with their psychological condition (such as experiencing rapid heart beats while one's mind is obviously clear and not nervous), their faces were swollen and showed red spots--a phenomenon of detoxification.
1. Ms. Meng, Lijun: She was sentenced to 10 years in jail. While incarcerated at the Shangdong Women's Jail, she was injected with and fed nerve-damaging drugs, causing her to lose almost all her memory.
2. Mr. Jiang, Guobo: While he was detained at the Weifang Forced Labor Camp, he was subjected to drug harm. His food was mixed with harmful drugs that caused severe damage to his nerve system, blocked his bowel movement and urine, harming both his mind and body. On April 14, 2006, Mr. Jiang had symptoms of a serious heart attack and was at the brink of death. He was released on medical parole.
3. Ms. Lu, Xia: An employee from the Textile Factory in Mengying County, Shandong Province. On September 15, 2004, to prevent Ms. Lu from defending herself at a secrete trial in the Taishan District Court, Taian City, she was injected with drugs that caused her to lose her ability to speak at court. Later, before she was sent to the Jinan Women's Prison, she was again injected with drugs that damaged her nervous system. Her tongue was stiff, numb, she drooled and could not speak no matter how hard she tried.