Additional Persecution News from China - January 15, 2006 (16 Reports)
1. [Jilin Province] Practitioner Mr. Lu Shulin, Sentenced to Six Years of Imprisonment, Is Currently Jailed in Jilin Prison and at Risk of Dying
2. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Cai Yucong Sentenced to Forced Labor Camp for the Second Time
Led by Nie Xijun from the local public security bureau, police arrested Mr. Cai Yucong in November 2005. He has been sentenced to forced labor camp for the second time.
3. [Hua County, Henan Province] Practitioner Li Junxian Arrested Recently While Working as a Nanny for a Family at Retired Cadres Residence of the Military Sub-area, Xinxiang City
4. [Zhaoyuan County, Shandong Province] Four Practitioners Arrested
On November 30, 2005, at 6:00 p.m., local police led by Wang Aijun arrested practitioners Yu Meiguang and Ding Zhaosheng at their home and sent them to a brainwashing center.
At 10:00 a.m. on December 1, 2005, practitioner Liu Fengying was arrested at home.
At 2:00 p.m. on December 22, 2005, some village cadres and Wang Aijun forced practitioner Zhang Shuxiang into a brainwashing center for distributing truth clarification materials the day before.
5. [Chengdu City, Sichuang Province] Practitioner Zhou Yaping Arrested and Jailed in Shuangliu County Detention Center
Police officer Liang Hongquan from Chengguan Township Police Station, Shuangliu County, arrested practitioner Mr. Zhou Yaping, 36, on December 28, 2005. He is now being jailed in Shuangliu County Detention Center.
Chengguan Police Station: 86-28-85822651
Policeman Liang Hongquan: 86-28-89110168
Other participating police officers: Mingdong, Wang Yong, and Wang Chengyuan
6. [Leshan, Sichuan Province] Practitioners Chen Yanjun and Zeng Liu'er Arrested
On the evening of December 12, 2005, practitioner Chen Yanjun went to practitioner Zeng Liu'er's home to help install a CD burner when the police surrounded them. Mr. Zeng's income of 1000 yuan from hairstyling was also taken away. Chen Yanjun's whereabouts is unknown.
7. [Tianjin City] Practitioner Ms. Li Ping Arrested
Ms. Li Ping, born in 1973, lives in Buidling 19, Pingkaili, Xingang, Tanggu, Tianjin. She was arrested on December 19, 2005. Four police officers led by Lou Hongjie ganged up with a neighborhood committee and went to her home to take away her brother's computer. Li Ping is being jailed in Zhaojiadi Detention Center.
8. [Dagang District, Tianjin City] Zhang Yunqiu Arrested for Writing to the Police
Ms. Zhang Yuqiu is a kind woman in her 40's. She was previously sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp in 2001 for posting materials to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. After she was released, she told everyone with whom she came in contact about Dafa. Later, she wrote to the Tianjin City Public Security Bureau, Dagang District Public Security Bureau and to forced labor camps to inform them of the truth about Falun Gong. She was then arrested on December 17, 2005. She is still being held in the Dagang District Detention Center. According to sources, the incident was due to an assigned quota by Tianjin City Public Security Bureau. All districts apparently have received a quota to arrest practitioners.
9. [Baotou City, Inner Mongolia] Several Practitioners Detained
On December 25, 2005, practitioners Hao Wanru and Liu Yan were clarifying the truth when police officers from Baotou Jiuyuan District Chengguan Township Police Station and the National Security Brigade from the local public security bureau arrested them. Having heard about the incident, three other practitioners, including Ms. Tao Wenhong and Ms. Tao Wenyan, went to visit Ms. Hao and Ms. Liu in the police station and ended up being jailed in Jiuyuan District Public Security Bureau, National Security Squad. To date, five practitioners are being held in Baotou City Detention Center: Ms.Hao Wanru, Ms.Liu Yan, Ms. Tao Wenhong, Ms. Tao Wenyan and Ms. Yin Xia.
Local police in Dalaqi, Neimeng arrested practitioners Guo Meijie and Chen Min from Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province. They were originally being held at Daliqi Detention Center. On January 5, 2006, the Dalaqi Court gave Guo Meijie a 3-year sentence and Chen Min a 2-year and six-month sentence. They are now jailed in the Delaqi Detention Center.
10. [Suizhong County, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Mr. Liu Wanli has been Jailed in Suizhong County Detention Center since his November 2005 Arrest
11. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Ms. Liu Mei, Ms. Sui Guiqin, and Ms. Wang Xiuxia Contracted Tuberculosis While Jailed in Shenyang Women's Prison in Liaoning Province
12. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Chunhua Sent to Masanjia after Being Sentenced
Ms. Liu Chunhua from Dalian City was arrested for distributing the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party in Qixianling District in Dalian City. She was sent to the Liaoning Women's Prison in Masanjia in the early morning of December 14, along with another female practitioner (name unknown) who is a teacher.
13. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Guo Xiangyu Brutally Tortured in Jidong Prison
Police from Baoding City, Hebei Province arrested Mr. Guo Xiangyu while he was clarifying the truth in September 2002 and sent him to Xushui Detention Center. He went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. After being jailed for over a year, he was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment before being sent to Tangshan Jidong Prison, No. 5 brigade. He has been tortured by the police. He was shackled for three months, made to sit on the tiger bench for 15 days, and locked up in a small cell for ten months. He was later sent to a brainwashing center and not allowed to go home.
14. [Jianping County, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Mu Xiuhua Sentenced to Forced Labor for Two Years
Ms. Mu Xiuhua from Jianping County was monitored by the Chaoyang Public Security Bureau for accessing web sites forbidden by the CCP. On November 8, 2005, the National Security Brigade arrested him, and he was jailed in Jianping County Detention Center. Without any legal process, he was sentenced to two years and sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang on December 1, 2005.
15. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Zheng Aizhen, Liang Wenyi Arrested while Distributing Materials Exposing the Truth of the Persecution
Zheng Aizhen and Liang Wenyi, both 47 years old, went missing while distributing truth clarification materials on December 2005. Their families went to the local police to demand their release, but the public security denied that they arrested the practitioners and refused to tell the family members where they were being held. According to sources, the practitioners were arrested by staff of a working group sent from Beijing.
Gao Youzhen, a 60-year-old practitioner, was also arrested six weeks ago while distributing truth clarification materials. No one knows where she is being held.
16. [Ningxia] Practitioner Yang Jie Sentenced to Three and a Half Years in Prison
Ms. Yang Jie from Zhongwei City was arrested by police in October 2005. She was recently sentenced to three years and six months in prison.
After July 20, 1999, Ms. Yang Jie went to Beijing twice to appeal for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong. She was sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp. During her imprisonment, she appealed her case and refused to give up her faith. Her term was extended by a year. During the three years she was in Ningxia Women's Forced Labor Camp, she endured 16-17 hours per day of hard labor, with electric baton beatings, brutal force feeding, hands shackled behind her back and hanging by handcuffs. She was being brutally beaten by inmates, forced to stand facing a wall for hours, forced to sit on a small bench and forced to watch TV programs that slander Falun Gong, and coerced to renounce her beliefs. She has sustained tremendous damage to her mind and body. Even after she was released from the forced labor camp, she was harassed by the police.
Ms Yang Jie was sent to Ningxia Women's Prison on January 12, 2006.
Responsible persons' phone numbers:
Han Shengli, Public Security Bureau Chief: 86-952-2018856 (Office), 86-13995265368
Wang Xueren, associate chief of Shizuishan City Public Security Bureau Chief
(Responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong): 86-952-2012861 (Office), 86-13995122669 (Cell)