(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Mr. Yu Shujin from Shulan City, was secretly sentenced to 12 years in prison and detained at Nanshan Detention Center in Shulan City. Clearwisdom.net reported on January 18 that Yu Shujin was in critical condition due to the persecution. According to an inside source, the Shulan City Police Department has recently transferred Yu Shujin to Tiebei Prison in Changchun City without notifying his family.

Yu Shujin is 55 years old, and he is from Kouqian Township, Yongji County, Jilin Province. He was arrested on June 25, 2004 by police from the National Security Division and was brutally tortured, which included severe beatings by police while being force-fed with black mustard oil. The brutal torture made Mr. Yu seriously ill. During emergency treatment, the doctor diagnosed him with late-stage liver disease. Yu Shujin eventually developed edema throughout his entire body. His abdomen and legs were badly swollen and his internal organs were failing. It was difficult for him to eat and his body was so weak that he could not take care of himself. He was in an extremely critical condition.

The Shulan City Police Department fabricated all kinds of stories and evidence, which resulted in Yu Shujin being secretly sentenced to 12 years in prison. Before he could appeal or get a second verdict as required by the law, the police department and the detention center secretly rushed Yu Shujin to Tiebei Prison in Changchun City while he was in critical condition.

The Shulan City Police Department was fully aware of Mr. Yu's condition. During the emergency treatment, the doctor extracted a huge amount of fluid from his body. During the month of his detention, policeman Wang Tingbai tried to force Mr. Yu's family to sign the arrest warrant, but the family refused to cooperate with the illegal arrest. Wang Tingbai mentioned that Yu Shujin was seriously ill. The detention center had earlier telephoned Mr. Yu's family, demanding 1,000 yuan and promising the family that they could visit Yu if they came up with the money. However, when the police in the detention center found out that Yu Shujin had been detained many times before for practicing Falun Gong and his family had become poverty-stricken and had no money left for them to extort, they refused to allow his family to visit him. They told Mr. Yu's family nothing about his illness and left Yu Shujin with his very bad condition untreated.

While Mr. Yu's life was in great danger, his family went to the Shulan City Police Department several times to ask for his release. However, the police department refused their request using various excuses. In the meantime, they secretly removed Mr. Yu at the end of December of 2004 without notifying the family. Thus, Yu Shujin's family never had the chance to see him.

On January 4, 2005 when Yu Shujin's family again asked to visit him, they were told that he had been transferred elsewhere. The family questioned the police as to why they had transferred him without notifying them and when he was in such a life-threatening condition. The family told the police that they should be punished for what they did to Mr. Yu. Xin He, the Deputy Chief of Shulan City Police Department replied sarcastically, "I can't wait to be put in the guillotine."

When the family came to the detention center to ask about Mr. Yu, Zhuang Runjiang, the head of the detention center, acted as if nothing had happened and said, "Mr. Yu was transferred and he did not leave any message. He told us that the weather was too cold to travel and that there was no need for the family to visit him." This was an obvious lie. Yu Shujin would have longed to see his family and tell them about the persecution he suffered. Otherwise, he might die with deep regret for not getting to see his family. The police did not even allow such a critically-ill person this basic right.

The Shulan City Police Department and the detention center spares no effort in persecuting practitioners. As for Yu Shujin's case, firstly they deprived him of his rights to know the medical diagnosis of his illness, then they misled the doctors by saying that Mr. Yu seemed to be having problems with his lungs so that the doctors would overlook the true problem with his liver. When the doctor found nothing was wrong with his lungs after the check-up, the police and the detention center arbitrarily pronounced Mr. Yu eligible for detention.

When Yu Shujin's family rushed to Tiebei Prison, they were told that there was no such person at their facility. Later, when it was verified that he was indeed detained there, the authorities still refused to allow his family to visit him. The police harassed the family and ordered them to slander Falun Dafa. His family members had traveled hundreds of miles in order to rescue Yu Shujin, yet when they finally got to the prison, they were harassed and were not allowed to see their beloved one. Facing the brutal murder of good people by law enforcement organizations, Yu Shujin's family broke down completely and cried. In China there are tens of thousands of people who are experiencing persecution similar to what Mr. Yu's family is going through.

In order to let people know the truth of Dafa and save people being deceived from the lies fabricated by Jiang's regime, in the process of validating the Fa, Yu Shujin remained determined and kept strong righteous thoughts. During the five years of persecution, he was arrested ten times and tortured. He was forced to do slave labor at the Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp in March 2000, but managed to get out with the power of righteous thoughts. In 2002, he was again sentenced to forced labor and sent to the Yinmahe Forced Labor camp for persecution, but he was sent back after having a heart attack on the way to the labor camp. No matter how harsh the environment, Yu Shujin always refused to cooperate with the evil and firmly persisted in practicing Falun Gong and validating the Fa.

We hope that all Dafa practitioners and people around the world will add their voices to the call for justice and help Dafa practitioners who are still detained in prison. Please support and facilitate the investigation of this brutal persecution that is still happening in China.

The address for Tiebei Prison in Changchun City, Jilin Province:

Tiebei Prison, 68 Xingyejie, Changchun City, Jilin Province 130052

Prison Main Switchboard: 86-431-2680511, 86-431-2687144