Latest News from China - January 10, 2004
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioners Mr. Zhao Jianshe, Zhang Zunyi and Zhang Zunliang are Illegally Sentenced to 7 to 9 Years' Imprisonment
- [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Dafa Practitioners Mr. Li Fubin and Jiang Chunbin are Sentenced to 8 and 9 Years Imprisonment
- [Xiantao City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liang Zhuan is Forced to Attend Brainwashing Session
- [Beijing, China] Illegal Detainment of Dafa Practitioner Mr. Run Xiaohua
- [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] Two Dafa Truth-clarifying Material Production Sites are Sabotaged
- [Tongnan City, Sichuan Province] With Righteous Thoughts, Two Practitioners Walk out of a Brainwashing Center
- [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioners Ms. Li Yanling and Ms. Wang Kexin are Sent to a Forced Labor Camp under Fabricated Charges
- [Yongqing County, Hebei Province] Public Security Personnel Illegally Search Practitioners' Homes and Ransack their Houses
- [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Yang is Abducted by Police
- [Shenzhen, China] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zheng Yuyan is Forced to Leave Home and is Now Missing
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhang Guiying is Unduly Abducted by Police
- [Liaoning Province, China] Local Authorities Carry Out Orders to Systematically Slander Falun Dafa in Various Villages
- [Xishui County, Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioner He Shengyi is Arrested for Sharing His Truth-clarifying Experience with Fellow Practitioners
- [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioners, Be Aware of Police Surveillance
- [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Some Officials of the Cloth Plant Collaborate with the "610 Office" in Persecuting Employees that Practice Falun Dafa
1. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioners Mr. Zhao Jianshe, Zhang Zunyi and Zhang Zunliang are Illegally Sentenced to 7 to 9 Years' Imprisonment
On December 23, 2003, Shandong Province Weifang City practitioners Mr. Zhao Jianshe, Zhang Zunyi, and Zhang Zunliang were illegally sentenced by Nanjiang Court to nine, eight and seven years of imprisonment, respectively. At that time Mr. Zhao was critically ill and was still being treated with an intravenous injection. Even though he was in such a condition the public security personnel were still carrying him in and out of the court. All three of them were becoming thinner and thinner by the day. Mr. Zhao had been on a hunger strike for six months since they were arrested on June 2, 2003, sometime after 9 p.m. in a residence on Danfeng street of Nanjiang's Xuanwu section. Those who were involved in this illegal arrest were Nanjiang's City Public Security Bureau, Xuanwu's Public Security Section, and the Danfeng Police Station. The three practitioners were first sent to the Xuanwu Detention Center and then transferred to the Nanjiang Detention Center. The police never informed Mr. Zhao Jianshe's family of his arrest. When the family members rushed to the Nanjiang Detention Center on January 2, 2003, the authorities still denied their request to visit him. Mr. Zhao's life is now in danger.
2. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Dafa Practitioners Mr. Li Fubin and Jiang Chunbin are Sentenced to 8 and 9 Years Imprisonment
On December 4, 2003, the Lanzhou Chengguan section court unduly sentenced Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Fubin to an eight-year prison term and another practitioner, Mr. Jiang Chunbin, to a nine-year prison term. Mr. Li Fubin is 53 years old and was abducted on February 10, 2002 by the Qilihe police station detective branch and was then detained at the Lanzhou Second Detention Center. Mr. Jiang Chunbin, a 33-year-old resident of Yuzhong county, was kidnapped by police on February 10, 2002 and detained at the Lanzhou First Detention Center.
Chengguan Section Court Personnel Involved--
Court Head Judge: Liu Baosen
Court Judges: Lu Jun, Mr. Quan Jiyong
Court Recorder: Li Lin
District Attorney: Chen Haiyan
Acting District Attorney: Zhang Yu
3. [Xiantao City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liang Zhuan is Forced to Attend a Brainwashing Session
On the afternoon December 17, 2003, Mr. Liang Zhuan, a Dafa practitioner from Xiheliu town was abducted from his home and forced to attend Wuhan's Brainwashing Center.
4. [Beijing, China] Illegal Detainment of Dafa Practitioner Mr. Run Xiaohua
Beijing practitioner Mr. Run Xiaohua was originally a graduate student of the China Science Academy. He was expelled from it after being illegally detained for peacefully appealing for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong in October of 1999. Mr. Run has been subject to the persecution by Jiang's regime on several occasions and had to leave home so as to avoid further suppression. On December 30, 2003, he was arrested by police near Beijing's Fuxing Gate. Currently, Mr. Run is detained at the Fengtai Detention Center.
5. [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] Two Dafa Truth-clarifying Material Production Sites are Sabotaged
At the end of December 2003, Tianshui police abducted Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Yongchuan without cause and sent him to the Luergou Detention Center. While he was detained, the Dafa truth-clarifying material production site was sabotaged. Meanwhile, another local practitioner of the Great Wall Switches Plant, Mr. Liu Jian, was also abducted by the Tianshui police and his home computer and printer were confiscated. Although he was now been released, Mr. Liu is still under house arrest and is being closely watched by the police. The home of a third practitioner, Mr. Zhang Aixing of Gansu Provinces Number Five Construction Company, was ransacked by the police until nothing was left.
6. [Tongnan City, Sichuan Province] With Righteous Thoughts, Two Practitioners Walk out of a Brainwashing Center
On the afternoon December 24, 2003, under the benevolent protection of Master's Law Body and with righteous thoughts and actions, Ms. Fu Xiaohong, a Dafa practitioner from Sichuan Tongnan together with Ms. Chen Qing, were able to escape from Tianyuanhua's brainwashing class. Ms. Fu, an elderly female practitioner, was brutally beaten for her refusal to provide information about the Dafa truth clarification material production site. Her legs and feet were partially crippled due to the damage of the beating. But with righteous thoughts and under the blessing of Master, Ms. Fu succeeded in fleeing from the brainwashing class.
7. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioners Ms. Li Yanling and Ms. Wang Kexin are Sent to a Forced Labor Camp under Fabricated Charges
Zheng Weimin is a policeman of Heilongjiang Mudanjiang city's Nanjiang Police Station (now merged with the Jiangbin Police Station), which is responsible for the public security of Jiangbin's second District. Zheng illegally searched Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Kexing's home and found a Dafa book. For this he sent Ms. Wang to a forced labor camp, disregarding the fact that these actions meant that her infant would be left at home alone. Since then there has been no news regarding the status of Ms. Wang. Another practitioner Ms. Li Yanling, like the situation of Ms. Wang Kexing, is a single parent living a tough life while taking care of a child. The vicious policeman Zheng Weimin also sent Ms. Li to a forced labor camp under fabricated charges.
8. [Yongqing County, Hebei Province] Public Security Personnel Illegally Search Practitioners' Homes and Ransack their Houses
Early in the year, Yongqing, Hebei public security team leader Zhang Zhenqing and his associates unduly confiscated a personal computer from the home of Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Yanli. On January 8, 2004, Dafa practitioner Mr. Pang Shaoliang had his house broken into by a group of people under Zhang Zhenqing's orders. They ransacked the house and took a computer, two printers, and a motorcycle.
Telephone Numbers of those Involved:
Zhang ZhenqingF86-316-662-1298 (Home),
86-1332-306-5029 (Cell), Office 86-316-662-4405 Extension 1st
610 Office Director: Yu Yong, 86-316-662-8981 (Home), 86-1331-326-9994 (Cell),
610 Office Deputy Director: Shi Fangjin 86-316-662-5796 (Home), 86-316-662-4061 (Office)
9. [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Yang is Abducted by Police
On the night of January 8, 2004, Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Yang from Liaoning Gaizhou and a fellow practitioner were arrested by Xiaoshipeng's village police as they were distributing materials to expose the situation of the local practitioners who were being persecuted. They are now being detained at Gaizhou's Detention Center. Because the materials were exposing the actions of those local inhumane people persecuting Falun Gong practitioners, this received close attention from Gaizhou's "610 Office"[The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems].
The Gaizhou Public Security Bureau Director, Xia Tiancheng, is the key person liable for persecuting local practitioners. All paperwork used to arrest, sentence, or send a practitioner to a forced labor camp has been approved and signed by him. In February 2003, he, his wife and his son were involved in a car accident as they were driving through Bei Town. At that time Xia suffered from serious injury due to being flung out of the car. In mid November of 2003, he had an abrupt heart attack, causing Xia to be on sick leave until now. After all of this he still didn't realize that these incidents are actually retribution for his evil deeds and the fact that he continues to do bad things in personally persecuting Dafa practitioners.
Gaizhou Detention Center Office TelephoneF86-417-765-1610
Gaizhou Public Security Bureau Director, Xia Tiancheng: 86-417-766-9001 (Office), 86-417-780-5781 (Home)
Gaizhou City Administration & Law Secretary General, Li Yuqing: 86-417-768-9009 (Office), 86-417-782-8999 (Home), 86-1390-497-3238 (Cell)
Gaizhou City Administration & Law Deputy Secretary General, Hua Rongqing: 86-1394-171-6774 (Cell)
10. [Shenzhen, China] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zheng Yuyan is Forced to Leave Home and is Now Missing
Shenzhen practitioner Ms. Zheng Yuyan was abducted by police in 2000 and then transferred through Guangdong Province's Women's Forced Labor Education Center to Guangdong Sanshui Forced Labor Camp's Shenzhen Accommodation Education Center. Even after being subjected to many forms of torture, such as being shocked with electric batons, physical tortures of prolonged squatting and extreme amounts of forced labor, Ms. Zheng is still firm in her practice of Falun Dafa. In April of 2003, with righteous thoughts, she and some other detained practitioners broke away from the center. In late November of 2003, Ms. Zheng was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. On the January 5, 2004 she disappeared and now her whereabouts are unknown.
11. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhang Guiying is Unduly Abducted by Police
Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Guiying, a resident of Heilongjiang Harbin Nangang District's Quexiang Street, was kidnapped by police on the morning of January 9, 2004.
12. [Liaoning Province, China] Local Authorities Carry Out Orders to Systematically Slander Falun Dafa in Various Villages
During December 2003, Liaoning province's so-called "Anti-XX Alert Education Campaign Office" issued orders to villages with "Alert Education Discussion Outlines" containing things to be used to slander Teacher and Falun Dafa. Based on that outline, counties sent a "Plan" to towns who then forwarded their more detailed "Project" to villages for the campaign to smear Falun Dafa. The governmental authorities also cascaded the training of facilitators from the first layer to the lower layers. In the "Project", they are planning a display of slanderous diagrams and activities to force people to watch slanderous VCD's.
13. [Xishui County, Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioner He Shengyi is Arrested for Sharing His Truth-Clarifying Experience with a Fellow Practitioner
On December 26, 2003 a 56-year-old practitioner Mr. He Shengyi of Bangshang village, Guizhou's Xishui county, was arrested and detained by the Nibei Police Station as someone tipped off the police that Mr. He was sharing truth-clarifying experiences with a fellow practitioner.
14. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioners, Be Aware of Police Surveillance
Some practitioners have been taken away by police for distributing truth-clarifying materials. Nowadays police use a lot of different methods to monitor practitioners. Usually police will be hiding inside an unmarked car and monitor practitioners' activities. When it is dark, the police sitting inside the car can see what is happening outside, but it is hard for people on the street to see through the tinted glass. It is also difficult to spot them as they use ordinary cars instead of police vehicles. So fellow practitioners, be careful and stay alert when you are carrying out truth-clarifying activities on the street. We must use our wisdom and rationality to clarify the truth. Hold righteous thoughts and act righteously, leaving no loophole for the evil to take advantage.
15. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Some Officials of the Cloth Plant Collaborate with the "610 Office" in Persecuting Employees that Practice Falun Dafa
Some officials of the Guiyang Cloth Plant collaborate with the "610 Office" in persecuting the practitioners who work there. On many occasions they have provided a budget for holding a Brainwashing Class and helped police to force three of their employees who were practitioners to go to the Lannigou Base for brainwashing. They withheld job assignments from those firm practitioners within the company who refused to write the "Three Letters." [Practitioners are coerced under brainwashing and torture to write these as proof that they have given up their belief. Created by the "610 Office," the three statements consist of a letter of repentance, a guarantee to never again practice Falun Gong, and a list of names and addresses of all family members, friends and acquaintances who are practitioners.] "No letters, no pay" other than a minimum monthly income of 200 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.].
Xiaohe Cloth Plant Office Telephone: 86-851-340-5107
Plant Director: Dai Weiming
Plant Secretary General: Xiong Yaohua, Su Jinlin
Plant Security Department Head: Liu Changfa, 86-851-579-2682