(Minghui.org) A Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province, resident who had been out on bail was issued a formal arrest warrant on February 5, 2024, and taken back into custody on the same day for her faith in Falun Gong, a mind-body practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party since July 1999. Ms. Wang Guixia, 80, is now facing indictment while being held at the Jinzhou City Women’s Detention Center. 

Ms. Wang was initially arrested on the afternoon of September 25, 2022, after being reported for talking to people about Falun Gong at the local Beihu Park. The Shiqiaozi Police Station officers also raided her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books. They later released her on bail.

One day in early July 2023, two people from the Linghai City Procuratorate showed up at Ms. Wang’s home and said they had received her case. She was not in, and they had her family sign her case file on her behalf. [Linghai is under the administration of Jinzhou City. The Linghai City Procuratorate and Linghai City Court have been designated to handle Falun Gong cases in the greater Jinzhou area.]

A prosecutor called Ms. Wang’s family on July 11, 2023, and asked them to tell her to report to the procuratorate to be deposed. Her family said she would not go because she did not break any law in practicing her faith.

The procuratorate issued a formal arrest warrant against Ms. Wang on February 5, 2024, and she was taken back into custody on the same day. 

This is not the first time that Ms. Wang has been targeted for practicing Falun Gong, which she credits for restoring her health and enabling her to live a fulfilling life. 

Ms. Wang was previously arrested in August 2002 and sentenced to four years. She suffered various forms of abuse at the Liaoning Province Women’s Prison. She was once forced to stand barefoot on a cold concrete floor for four straight hours. Another time she was barred from taking showers for two months in a row. She was also tied to a bed in a spread-eagle position with her mouth taped for ten days. 

The guards often whipped Ms. Wang with slippers, kicked her on her private part and breasts with leather shoes, pricked her in the chest with safety pins, and hit her on the hands with brooms. On a few occasions, they dunked her head in a basin filled with water, wrapped tape around her neck, sat on her to punch her temples, yanked off her hair, and even stripped her to her underwear. When she went on a hunger strike in protest, they force-fed her and kept her restrained in a bed without allowing her to use the restroom. 

Li Meishan from the Jinzhou City Police Department and deputy chief Du from the Shiyou Police Station led three agents to raid Ms. Wang’s home on July 19, 2012. She was not in but was forced to live away to avoid being arrested. 

Ms. Wang was distributing Falun Gong informational materials on October 18, 2013, when she was arrested and forced to pay more than 10,000 yuan fine. She was released 16 days later.