(Minghui.org) A Huaihua City, Hunan Province resident was assaulted by a man twice within two months while distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. The police overlooked the man’s violence against Ms. Yang Linying, but interrogated her as a suspect.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Yang, 56, gave a man a booklet about Falun Gong on March 27, 2022. As soon as he realized that it was about Falun Gong, he snatched her purse. She asked him why he took her bag and what his name was. But he refused to answer. 

The man grabbed Ms. Yang’s hair, shoved her to the ground and stomped hard on her head. Passersby tried to stop him, but he didn’t take his feet off her head until a few minutes later. 

As Ms. Yang stood up, the man twisted her left hand behind her back and pushed her forward like he was hauling a criminal away. While passing by a supermarket, he hit her head against a handrail. She held onto the handrail and refused to move forward. The man tried to forcibly pry her fingers off the rail.

He then made a phone call and took photos of Ms. Yang. Just as he was about to hit her again, several people tried to stop him, saying he shouldn’t hit her. He responded, “I wasn’t hitting anyone.” Then several police officers arrived and took Ms. Yang to the Hutian Police Station.

The police interrogated Ms. Yang, demanding to know where she got the Falun Gong materials, whether she’d been arrested before and why she distributed the materials. She refused to answer any questions and was released later that day. 

Ms. Yang was walking on the street at 1 p.m. on May 18, 2022 when someone suddenly snatched her bag from behind. It was the same man who assaulted her the last time. 

Upon seeing Falun Gong materials in her bag, he slapped her in the face repeatedly. Her mouth was bleeding, yet he didn’t stop. He grabbed her left hand, threw her to the ground, stomped on her back and shouted “I will stomp you to death! You’d better not talk, or I will stomp you harder.” 

Ms. Yang was suffocating and she didn’t say a thing. The man then accused her of pretending to be dead.

Only when the police came after receiving his call, did the man take his feet off her back. But Ms. Yang was having trouble standing up due to intense pain in her chest. 

The police dragged Ms. Yang into a police car and took her to the police station again. Everything in her bag were confiscated. When she tried to stop the police, they said to her, “Stop talking. You should stay calm.” 

The man said to Ms. Yang, “I’m turning you in to the police” and then left. Ms. Yang was held there for a few more hours and released around 4 p.m.

Within the past five years, Ms. Yang has been repeatedly targeted for her faith in Falun Gong. She was arrested in October 2017 and later sentenced to one year in prison. Less than a year after she was released, she was arrested again in May 2019 and sentenced to one year and seven months. A year after her release, she was targeted again for distributing Falun Gong materials.

Related report:

Less Than a Year After Released from Prison, Hunan Woman Arrested and Sentenced Again