(Minghui.org) I’m a 72-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner living on a farm in Sichuan Province. Before I took up Falun Dafa, I struggled with a severe stomach condition and cerebral infarction. I often had intense headaches and couldn’t keep my balance while walking.

I received a flyer about Falun Dafa at a community fair one day in 1998. I heard some good things about it and also because it’s free of charge, I became interested. Miraculously, after I read the introduction about Falun Dafa, I felt comfortable and the bloating in my stomach disappeared.

A fellow practitioner gave me a copy of Zhuan Falun, the main text of Falun Dafa. Not long after, all of my ailments disappeared. I felt very light while walking as if I could take off and fly into the air.

I have a sister-in-law who had a strong personality. She always wanted me to help her do heavy labor at home. I did a lot for her in the past, but as I grew older, I gradually stopped helping her and she grew increasingly unhappy about it.

While I was working on our family’s farm one day in 1999 with my husband, I heard my sister-in-law cursing at me in her own field nearby.

I reminded myself that I now practice Falun Dafa and that I live by the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance. I controlled my temper and didn’t fight with her.

Sometimes when my sister-in-law had a bad day, she would throw rocks at our window. I endured it all and still tried my best to treat her well.

I went to the field barefoot one day in 2002 to pull crop seedlings. Before I stepped into the field, I noticed that there was some shattered glass. Another time, I saw some used needles there. Luckily I discovered them each time and never got hurt. As I had a good relationship with fellow villagers, I suspected that my sister-in-law did it, but I never held any grudge against her.

As time went on, my sister-in-law also became resentful toward my husband. She verbally abused him at a village meeting in April 2018. Many people tried to stop her but to no avail.

Not wanting to argue with her, my husband left. She chased him, all the way to our home.

Upon entering, she said loudly, “I want my tree.” It turned out she wanted a tree of ours, which she claimed to be hers. My husband and I agreed to give it to her. He cut the tree and chopped it into pieces for her, so she could use it as firewood.

Our forbearance eventually touched her. From then on, she became friendly toward us and we also had a family lunch together.