(Minghui.org) Ms. Wang Huiyuan, a 62-year-old resident of Tongcheng County, Hubei Province, was arrested on August 30, 2017 and had her home raided. The police seized her seven cellphones, which she used to make phone calls to the general public about the persecution of Falun Gong. She was later sentenced to seven years and saw her appeal rejected by the Chongyang County Court. 

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) since 1999.

It has been over four years since Ms. Wang was taken to the Hubei Province Women’s Prison in Wuhan. Her husband sent her 5,000 yuan through the post office five months ago, but she has never received the money, although the tracking system indicated that the money was delivered. At the same time, the Tongcheng County Social Security Bureau suspended her pension and forced her husband to return the 90,000 yuan of pension benefits she had received before. The prison guards is now denying her family visits, citing the pandemic as an excuse.

Overview of Past Persecution

Ms. Wang suffered from severe hepatitis when she was young. The disease relapsed at one time and almost claimed her life. She had seven surgeries for ovarian tumors, perforated appendix and stomach problems. She also suffered a bone fracture due to a car accident.

Just when she was on the verge of collapse, Ms. Wang was introduced to Falun Gong. After taking up the practice, her health has improved greatly. But because Ms. Wang refused to give up Falun Gong after the communist regime started the persecution, she has been persecuted many times since then.

On July 20, 1999, the day when the persecution was launched, Ms. Wang was stopped at Wuhan Train Station while trying to board a train to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. The next day, she was transferred to Tongcheng County Detention Center, where she was detained for 155 days. She was removed from her post during her detention and her salary was then reduced.

On December 27, 1999, the third day after she was released from the detention center, Ms. Wang was arrested again and taken to Huangyuanling Brainwashing Center by staff members of Tongcheng County 610 Office. She wasn’t released until 30 days later.

In September 2000, Ms. Wang was placed under surveillance. Her husband was also persecuted and his pay was suspended for more than a month. It took a lot of efforts and troubles to get the suspension lifted. 

Ms. Wang was sent to Huanglongshan Forest Farm on May 13, 2002 and held there for a total of ten days.

On June 23, 2004, Ms. Wang and another practitioner were arrested by officers from Tongcheng County Domestic Security Office and detained for one week.

On September 9, 2004, Ms. Wang was arrested again and taken to Tongcheng County Detention Center. She was transferred to Shayang Labor Camp on October 15, but the labor camp refused to accept her because of her health conditions. She was taken back to the detention center and held for 63 days. Her husband was extorted 3,000 yuan by a police officer. 

From June 2004 to June 2006, Ms. Wang was suspended from her job and lost her pay. Her total financial loss was about 50,000 yuan.

On January 24, 2006, Ms Wang was arrested at home by staff members of Tongcheng County 610 Office and Domestic Security Office. She was taken to Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center in Wuhan and detained for 37 days. The persecution severely damaged her vision that she could hardly see objects.

From June 25, 2006 to December 30, 2006, Ms. Wang’s workplace stopped her pay, and only gave her 400 yuan a month for her living expenses.

Ms. Wang was arrested on May 13, 2007 and detained for ten days.

On August 30, 2017, a group of police officers broke into Ms. Wang’s home and arrested her. Her seven cellphones and Falun Gong informational materials were confiscated. She was held at Wuhan Brainwashing Center and later sentenced to seven years by Chongyang County Court in 2018 by Chong County Court, she was sentenced to seven years.