(Minghui.org) Ms. Mu Hua used to suffer severe depression and paranoid personality disorder. She worried so much about her delusional threats from others that she once moved eight times in a year. The mental distress often kept her awake at night. She also suffered severe headaches and neck problems, which further aggravated her health issue. 

The 50-year-old Changchun City, Jilin Province resident was later introduced to Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual discipline with five sets of meditative exercises. Through practicing Falun Gong, she found inner peace and began to enjoy good sleep at night. 

Grateful to Falun Gong for renewing her life, Ms. Hu felt compelled to speak up for the practice after the Chinese communist regime launched a nationwide campaign against it in July 1999. Because of this, she was arrested and sentenced to two years, leaving her mother, in her 80s, extremely worried about her.

Ms. Mu was arrested on May 13, 2020, for putting up two informational materials about Falun Gong at a library. She was interrogated at the Xingfu Police Station. Her home was also ransacked and her Falun Gong books, a photo of Falun Gong’s founder, and other informational materials were confiscated.

She was released on bail 15 days later. An officer from the Xingfu Police Station called her one day after she returned home, ordering her to report to the Nanhu Police Station as they had transferred her case there. She refused to comply and officers from the Xingfu Police Station kept calling her.

The police summoned Ms. Mu to the Xingfu Police Station on September 9, 2020, claiming that the new police chief wanted to talk to her. They promised that the meeting would only last 20 minutes and she would be let go after that. Ms. Mu said she didn’t have time. As soon as she hung up the phone, two officers knocked on her door and asked her to pick up her Falun Gong books at the police station. They kept telling her family that she would come back in 20 minutes. Her family believed them and persuaded her to go with the police. 

Ms. Mu didn’t return as the police had promised. In the evening, the police called her family. They said that she had been taken to the Changchun City No. 4 Detention Center and also asked her family to pick up her clothes at the police station.

The authorities haven’t allowed Ms. Mu’s family to visit her since. She was later sentenced to two years at the Jilin Province Women’s Prison by the Chaoyang District Court. Her term is scheduled to end in August 2022.

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Xiao Yinghui (肖映辉), officer of Xingfu Police Station: +86-15904404255
Yang Lixin (杨立新), head of Xingfu Police Station: +86-19904370111Liu Chunmei (刘春梅), president of Chaoyang District Court: +86-431-88559227, +86-17643109189Guo Liqing (郭立庆), president of Chaoyang District Procuratorate: +86-431-85303313

(More perpetrators’ contact information is available in the original Chinese article.)