Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Qu Shuxia from Heilongjiang Province Jailed for Four Years and Ten Months

Jan. 15, 2022 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Heilongjiang Province, China

(Minghui.org) Ms. Qu Shuxia of the Fangzheng Forestry Bureau Area in Heilongjiang Province was sentenced to four years and ten months following her arrest on December 7, 2016, for practicing Falun Gong. She endured inhuman persecution in Jiamusi No. 1 Detention Center and Heilongjiang Women’s Prison. She was released on October 20, 2021.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

While she was distributing calendars with information about Falun Gong and talking to people on the street, Ms. Qu and another practitioner Ms. Jia Lianrong were reported and arrested on December 7, 2016. The police ransacked her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books and other personal belongings.

Ms. Jia was released the same day, but Ms. Qu was held in custody for 15 days before being transferred to Jiamusi No.1 Detention Center even though she had developed a health problem. In the detention center, the guards handcuffed and shackled her to four fixed points on the ground. They gagged her with a rag used to clean the restroom and taped her mouth and nose, almost suffocating her. They severely beat her all over. Her head was injured multiple times and the scars still remain today. She almost became blind. Her front teeth were also knocked out.

Ms. Qu was secretly tried in the Heli Forestry Bureau and wrongfully sentenced to four years and ten months on April 21, 2017. No one in her family was informed of the trial.

Ms. Qu was taken to No. 9 Ward of Heilongjiang Women’s Prison in Harbin. Because she did Falun Gong exercises, the inmates pushed her down and kicked her, fracturing her hands and legs. Her legs still hurt to this day.

When she refused to answer roll call, three inmates slapped her in the face, wrapped her up, and chained her to a heating pipe.

On one occasion, several inmates were going to force-feed Falun Gong practitioner surnamed Liang. Two other practitioners, Ms. Li Guiyue and Ms. Zheng Yingchun, tried to stop them, only to be beaten themselves. Ms. Qu rushed over to stop the beating and was taken to a separate room and beaten by the inmates as well. While Ms. Qu survived her ordeal in prison and was released on October 20, 2021, Ms. Li passed away on August 6, 2021, a year after she was released.

Previous Persecution

Before her latest arrest, Ms. Qu was imprisoned several times for practicing Falun Gong.

She was arrested in November 2000 by officers from Nanshan Police Station and held at the Fangzheng Forestry Bureau Detention Center for more than a year. She was released after she developed symptoms of severe high blood pressure, only to be arrested again two months later.

In the detention center, when Ms. Qu and other practitioners continued to do the Falun Gong exercises, several guards doused them with cold water. This happened several days in a row. Their clothes and bed covers were thoroughly soaked and they were forced to sleep on the wet beds.

Ms. Qu was later transferred to another detention facility in a residential area. There, she was beaten by Li Jian from the 610 Office. When she started a hunger strike to protest the abuse, she was taken to Fanglin Hospital and force-fed brine through a nasal tube.

In July or August 2003, Ms. Qu and two other practitioners managed to escape from the detention center. After months of displacement, she was arrested in Yingkou City, Liaoning Province.

She was held in Dashiqiao Detention Center for 18 days and then transferred to the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she was held for four and half months. During this time, she was once restrained to a bench for seven days and not allowed to sleep.

Because she refused to do unpaid labor or wear the inmate’s uniform, the labor camp guards instigated inmates to twist her wrists and one of them broke. They also forced her to eat food laced with nerve-damaging drugs. She lost a tooth when guard Wang beat her.

Related report:

Ms. Qu Shuxia From Heilongjiang Province Sentenced to Four Years, Ten Months in Prison