(Minghui.org) In 2020, officials at Suzhou No. 3 Prison of Anhui Province set a goal to make every incarcerated Falun Gong practitioner renounce their faith. Since then, they have resorted to violence and torture in their effort.

Those practitioners who refuse to be “transformed” are put in solitary confinement or sent to the Correction Team, where they face different forms of torture, such as being forced to wear shackles, made to stand for long periods of time, or deprived of sleep, food, and water. Some are forced to watch videos that defame Falun Gong. Guards also instigate inmates to monitor and beat the practitioners.

When Mr. Liu Feng still refused to give up his belief after two weeks of torment in the Correction Team, several inmates grabbed his hand and pressed a handprint on a prepared statement.

Mr. Yu Zhiqiang, 68, is from Chaohu City. He has been forced to labor in a workshop because he refused to be “transformed.” Guards often instigated inmates to beat and verbally abuse him, as well as spray pepper water in his face. Mr. Yu developed life-threatening conditions from the physical and mental abuse. He was taken to a hospital in February 2021.

Mr. Sun Shuangxi, in his 50s, graduated from a military academy. After he retired from the military, he worked at Anhui Television Station. He was sentenced to 13 years in prison for practicing Falun Gong. He was severely abused and suffered a mental breakdown in the prison. One time, he injured his back in a fall. After he was released from the prison, he still could not take care of himself.

After his release, Mr. Sun went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong during the National People’s Congress and People’s Political Consultative Conference. He was arrested and sentenced to four years. The timing of his two prison sentences remains unknown. He is now in the area of the prison for the disabled and sick. Because he often shouts “Falun Dafa is good,” the guards put shackles on him every day. His wife divorced him.

Many Falun Gong practitioners have been imprisoned and tortured in the Anhui No. 3 Prison since 1999. Mr. Fei Zhangjin died here from torture in 2007. Mr. Wang Hongrong was paralyzed due to the physical abuse and was only released when he was on the brink of death in April 2007. He passed away two months later.

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution