(Minghui.org) I was born into a poor peasant family 64 years ago. My mother passed away at the age of 45 and left behind nine children, the youngest only four. The middle child, I was 18 at the time.

Stepping up, I took care of my four younger siblings. The hard work took a toll on my health. Sometimes I thought about ending my life so I could be with my mother. Once, my elder sister took me to a fortune teller in her village. The fortune teller predicted that I would not live past 45 years old.

When I married my husband, I said to him, “I come from a poor family, my mother died early, she always fed others before having anything for herself. I hope we can enjoy a harmonious family life. Please don’t yell at me and I won’t scream at you either.” He agreed to it. For the next ten years, he really never scolded me for anything.

In 1996, I became a Falun Dafa practitioner. Witnessing the dramatic changes in my health, my husband did not interfere with my cultivation.

However, directed by Jiang, the former head of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), a relentless persecution against Falun Dafa began in July 1999. The police frequented my home to harass me and my family. I was detained and extorted for money. The police also went to my husband’s workplace to threaten him because of my faith. My entire family suffered because of the persecution.

Under tremendous pressure, my husband worried that I might be arrested at any moment. He began to hit me and curse at me to vent his anger.

I wanted to go to Tiananmen Square to call for a stop to the persecution of Falun Dafa. To prevent me from going, my husband threatened to burn my Dafa books. I asked my son for help and quickly left the house. I spent the night at a fellow practitioner’s home and went to Tiananmen Square the next day. After my arrest, I spent a month in detention, then went to live with an older relative.

When the staged “Tiananmen self-immolation” was broadcast on television, my husband worried that one of the victims might be me. He later heard from relatives that I was still alive. He asked me to return home, but I refused. “If I go home, you won’t allow me to do the exercises and study the Fa,” I said. “I will come home after the end of Fa-rectification.”

“Please come home,” he said. “Even though the CCP continues the persecution, I hid your Dafa books for you, I didn’t burn any of them. I will no longer try to stop you from practicing Falun Dafa.”

Terrified that I might get arrested again, one time, my husband headed outside with my copy of Essentials for Further Advancement and declared that he would burn it. I chased him outside, as he was about to bury the book in the yard. I asked him not to damage Dafa books. He was worried for my safety and forbid my cultivation. He hit me with a stick and left bruises on my arms and legs.

I sat him down to explain why I insisted upon practicing cultivation and told him about the goodness of Dafa. After he calmed down, he read Essentials for Further Advancement from cover to cover.

I had my husband watch shows on New Tang Dynasty Television such as The Nine Commentaries of the Chinese Communist Party. I also gave him newsletters and pamphlets about Falun Dafa to read. Gradually, he learned what Falun Dafa is really about and he now approves of the practice. I told him that whenever he is in a difficult situation, he should remember to say “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good,” and Master Li, Dafa’s founder, would help him.

The changes in my husband were dramatic. In winter, he accompanied me when I went outside to put up Falun Dafa posters. Worried for my safety, sometimes he would go out by himself to put up Dafa banners at night and have me double check on the banners the next morning.

What my husband has done has brought him good fortune. One day at work, he slipped and fell from a cliff over 30 feet high. At the bottom of the cliff was a deep pond. In the center of the pond was a large rock with a depression in the center. There was soft dirt in the center of the depression. He landed in the soft dirt on the rock and lost consciousness.

He was rescued and sent to the emergency room. He had a laceration on one of his arms that needed stitches. He also fractured bones in his back, but recovered within a month.

It was not until several years later while visiting another practitioner, that my husband told us what had happened that day. As he was falling from the cliff, an elderly man with a long white beard caught him and put him in the depression of the rock. Otherwise, he would have either drowned in the pond or died from landing on the rock. The compassionate Master of Falun Dafa, Li Hongzhi, saved my husband.

Very supportive of my cultivation, he tells others about the goodness of Dafa. He began doing household chores so that I would have more time to study the Fa and clarify the truth to people. He also learned how to cook, and his temper improved.

Master said,

“...one person practicing, the whole family benefits...” (Teachings at the Conference in Australia)

Dafa not only saved me, but also saved my husband.

I want to thank Master for his compassion and protection over these past twenty years. At the end of the Fa-rectification period, I will stay diligent, do the three things well and save more people. I will not disappoint Master Li and will be worthy of his compassionate salvation.