(Minghui.org) A Chenzhou City, Hunan Province resident was held in a brainwashing center for seven days for her faith in Falun Gong. Her mother was ordered by the police to monitor her after she was released. 

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. He Haiyan’s ordeal started in August 2021 when she returned to her hometown in Jiyi Village, Rucheng County, about 70 miles from Chenzhou, to take care of her seriously ill father. 

Upon learning of her homecoming, local authorities, including the head of Jiyi Village, secretary of Jiyi Village Political and Legal Affairs Committee, and head of Jiyi Village Police Station, descended at her parents’ home in three groups, trying to force her to renounce Falun Gong. They said it’s part of the “Zero-out” campaign, in which every Falun Gong practitioner on the government’s blacklist was ordered to give up their faith. They used her family members’ education and jobs as leverage to coerce her. The police chief threatened to arrest her if she continued practicing Falun Gong.

As Ms. He refused to comply, a group of plainclothes officers broke into her home in Chenzhou on October 28 and arrested her. They confiscated her three cellphones, two Falun Gong books, and two media players. While the police claimed that they were taking her to the Yanquan Police Station in Chenzhou for questioning, Ms. He recognized that some of the officers came from Rucheng County Police Department.

Ms. He refused to go with the police and said she could answer their questions at her home, but they forced her into the police car and took her to the Xiameiqiao Brainwashing Center in Chenzhou, instead of the Yanquan Police Station.

At the brainwashing center, Ms. He was forced to watch slanderous videos against Falun Gong. In the first three days, she only ate food her mother sent her. But on the fourth day, her mother was deceived by the police into helping them to brainwash her. She went on a hunger strike and was released on November 4.

The police returned the cellphones and media players to her on November 5, but not her Falun Gong books. 

Misled by the propaganda smearing Falun Gong, Ms. He’s mother moved in with her to monitor her around the clock at the police’s order.